Selecting a computer configuration (expert optimisation a priority) - page 8

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
it's not gaming, just a normal core

how can you not understand that the video core heats the CPU, run any system monitor and see what the video card is eating in non-game mode 10W why the CPU needs this heat from it?

video core is not free there, easier to get a separately purchased for 500r passive card and a normal Risen 6 or 8 cores

Fast451:

)))) it's just written on the side.

Does it say 65W on the CPU?

If I wanted to overclock, I'd take something like that cooler you mentioned. But I'm not into overclocking long ago. The last overclocked CPU I pushed to extremes was Celeron Mendocino in early 2000s - instead of regular 360 MHz I managed to work at 480 MHz, but now I'm not interested in that anymore. Performance doesn't increase too much, but I have to take care about cooling and voltage. Reliability of operation also falls down, from time to time hangs.

Well, today I'll assemble it, and tomorrow I'll run it under load and see how it cools down.

If the cooler won't be enough - it won't be a problem to exchange it. But, as it seems to me, it won't be necessary.

Georgiy Merts:

On the CPU - also "out of the box" 65W?

If I were going to overclock, I'd take something like that cooler you mentioned. But I'm not into overclocking for a long time. The last overclocked CPU I pushed to extremes was Celeron Mendocino in early 2000s - instead of regular 360 MHz I managed to run it at 480 MHz, but now I'm not interested in that anymore. Performance doesn't increase too much, but I have to take care about cooling and voltage.

Well, I'll build it today and run it under load tomorrow and see how it cools down.

If you don't have enough cooler, it won't be hard to swap. But I don't think it will be necessary.

and on the proces says out of the blue) real consumption in turbo mode for all cores over 150) if no turbo you can get by with 65, but you want to cut the optimization time in half, right? ))))

Fast451:

how can you not understand that the video core heats the CPU, run any system monitor and see what the video card is eating in non-game mode 10W why the CPU needs this heat from it?

the video core is not free there, it is easier to get a separate card for 500r passive and a normal ryzen 6 or 8 cores

just add 500p and get a bigger cooler head

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
just add 500p and get a bigger cooler head

what are you talking about... the one with the gaming core isn't a Ryzen at all but a bug of a buggy nature, normal Ryzen 3 Ryzen 5 Ryzen 7 go without a video core

no with video core 8 core, 16 threads, it's not a CPU, it's a 2in1 toy not there, not there

your APU has 4!!! cores max, 6 and 8 cores have no cores built in

Fast451:

what are you talking about... the one with the gaming core isn't a Ryzen at all, it's a bug of buggy nature, normal Ryzen 3 Ryzen 5 Ryzen 7 go without video core

no with video core 8 cores, 16 threads

whatever, i got a laptop with 2 cores :D

Fast451:

and it's not even written on the CPU) real consumption in turbo mode for all cores is over 150) if you don't go turbo, you can go 65, but you want to halve the optimization time, don't you? ))))

Of course, you'd want to halve it.

Well, let's see. Here, I'll drive it under load tomorrow - evaluate sufficiency of this cooler. To exchange is not a problem, but I'm not a fan of these tower constructions with thermotubes, with several huge impellers, or even liquid cooling... It's all the eparchy of overclockers chasing single percentages. There's no point, except for an extra over 9000 to the BSR.

But, of course, for twice the performance - you can put a monster cooler as well.

In reviews on DNS there are i7 owners with TDP 75W - and no one's temperature rises to the critical level even in games. At most people are indignant about noise. Well, I'll have to see. I like silence, that's why I took PWM - but, noise under load is understandable and acceptable, and without load - I'm sure the RPM will be on minimum (we'll put SpeedFan).

Georgiy Merts:

Twice - of course you would.

Well, we'll see. Here, I'll drive it under load tomorrow - I'll evaluate the sufficiency of this cooler. Exchange - not a problem, but I'm not a fan of these tower constructions with thermotubes, with several huge impellers, or even liquid cooling for a long time... It's all the eparchy of overclockers chasing single percentages. No point, except for an extra over 9000 to the BSR.

But, of course, for twice the performance - you can put a monster cooler.

mind you, in 65W test mode for all cores the CPU frequency will be quite paltry, and with normal Auto-State Turbo Boost at 1000 megahertz for all 6 cores TDP is about 150W, yes it eats more, it gets hotter, but the test will go faster

how do you get it back? ) The manufacturer usually glue a protective layer on the sole, many think this is the buyer's concern, just picked up and glued)))

overclocking makes sense while frequency increases in proportion to heat, the latest proces from Intel and amd themselves overclock when engaging the function in the bios (all cores at once), and thus leave the "beautiful passport TDP" is not even called overclocking, the CPU increases the frequency until it is limited by heat or reasonable power consumption limits, and 65W on a 6 core i7, laughter

Georgiy Merts:

I've come, I've brought the hardware, now I'm going to build it...

The hardest question for me was the CPU - the smallest six-core i5 or i7. But, nevertheless, I've stopped at i7.

Also, I've hesitated a bit over the SSD interface - should I take SATA or the newfangled M2? Finally decided on SATA.

As for the rest it was solved long ago and I didn't have any hesitations.

CPU - i7 8700 + DeepCool Theta 16 PWM.

My board is Gigabyte Z370P D3.

Memory - two 8Gb memory slabs.

SSD - 128 GB.

Congratulations, you should spoil yourself once in a while!

Tell me later if there is any effect of switching hypertrading off/on - it's interesting to know what they are asking for.

As for the cooler, my computer never shuts down and it was important to be able to sleep normally, I choseScythe Mugen 3 Rev. B PCGH Edition- works great for many years (since 2011), bearings don't make noise, it doesn't change noise from loads. The cooling is great, the processor is overclocked all the time - the increase is really felt! So it is silly not to overclock processors, on the contrary, many of them grow on one chip, and then mark them by passing norms, at a certain performance! Therefore by taking a top-end CPU we buy a good chip that has been tested, which means that we can find its real potential by overclocking. Overclocking is nowadays childish - everything is perfectly done via software, and in more subtle points via bios (though I've realized that I'm talking about AMD, while Intel is not exactly knows how it is overclocked).

Change cooler unequivocally! Get a normal quiet tower, you should clean it once a year, but the whole year it's a pleasure. I also took a cnps10x cooler and it was good as well. I think there are new models for new sockets - just change the letters.

P.S. By the way cooler at my CPU most quiet, then comes the PSU, then the video card without the load and finally cooler for hard drives (3 pieces of HDD) - many people do not pay attention to overheating of screws. which is wrong when the computer is constantly running under load and exploiting them.

I forgot to mention that cooling is significantly affected by thermal paste (I didn't believe it myself until I tried it).

Обзор кулера Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B
Обзор кулера Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B
  • GECID.com IT-portal
  • ru.gecid.com
Кулер Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B в особом представлении не нуждается. Это достаточно известная и популярная система охлаждения в модельном ряду компании Scythe. Известна она, в первую очередь, благодаря высокой эффективности при приемлемой стоимости. Нам же остается только проверить первое качество и более детально рассмотреть довольно оригинальную...

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

As for the cooler, my computer doesn't shut down and it was important to be able to sleep normally, I choseScythe Mugen 3 Rev. B PCGH Edition- has been running great for years (since 2011), no bearing noise, from

Good gizmo, you can double the size and don't need a fan :Z