Selecting a computer configuration (expert optimisation a priority) - page 7

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

The processor of course has to be based on performance on "build price (if the price is the same, then only look at the CPU)/1 core". And from 6 cores.

RAM is always good if you like to open lots and lots of windows in the system! For now and for the future, 16 gigabytes.

SSD is a better choice, I've had SSD for about 7 years, I took it with the system - very responsive to all programs - everything opens fast and no defragmentation is required - I highly recommend it for the system.

Brought the metal, now I'm going to assemble it...

My most vexing question was about the processor - i5 or i7. But, after all, I've stopped at i7.

I also hesitated a bit over the SSD interface - should I take SATA or the newfangled M2. I decided on SATA.

As for the rest it was solved long ago and I didn't have any hesitations.

CPU - i7 8700 + DeepCool Theta 16 PWM.

My board is Gigabyte Z370P D3.

Memory - two 8Gb memory slots.

SSD - 128 GB.

Georgiy Merts:

I came, I brought the hardware, now I'm going to assemble it...

The hardest question for me was the CPU - the younger six-core i5 or i7. But, nevertheless, I've stopped at i7.

As for the rest it was solved long ago and I didn't have any hesitations.

CPU - i7 8700 + DeepCool Theta 16 PWM.

My board is Gigabyte Z370P D3.

Memory - two 8Gb slots.

SSD - 128 GB.

the cooler is for i3 roughly)))

If you can change it in a shop or throw it away later

The cooler is cheap and 2 times more efficient

https://www.dns-shop.ru/product/e22fb60689b0526f/kuler-dla-processora-deepcool-gammaxx-300/?p=1&i=21&mode=list&brand=brand-deepcool

Купить Кулер для процессора DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 300 в интернет магазине DNS. Характеристики, цена DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 300 | 0148576
Купить Кулер для процессора DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 300 в интернет магазине DNS. Характеристики, цена DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 300 | 0148576
  • votes: 328
  • 1 350.00 RUB
  • www.dns-shop.ru
Хотелось бы узнать: 1) Не будет ли данный кулер на материнской плате ASUS P8H61-M перекрывать слот для видеокарты? 2) Нормально ли данный кулер будет охлаждать процессор Intel Core i7-2600 без индекса K? Или есть смысл поставить к нему что-нибудь более дешевое (например, DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 200T)? Заранее спасибо за ответ. В описании сказано, что...

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

but this is only because people have started to write a lot in top-level languages, which are very slow (overloading the CPU and memory) - hello OOP(?), especially on newfangled sites. All browsers or plugin technologies have memory leaks - it's the scourge of something.

I think it's the fault of compiler developers who frustrate programmers with all sorts of "rubbish collectors".

As a hardened old timer and old-school programmer I cannot understand how you can create an object and not delete it. Even exception handling must use CATCH blocks, in which all resources requested by a block are removed, so that not to add leaks to cause of exception. But in usual work - "clean up after itself" and check in destructor whether everything is cleaned - it is absolutely obligatory! (There are exceptions, such as object factory - but there must be a special object, which will be responsible for removing everything created by the factory).

Alas, starting from the rejection of the delete operator- compiler developers are constantly trying to "ease" the work of programmers who "forget" to delete requested resources, relying on the rubbish collector. But only programs are so complicated now that rubbish collectors are not always able to solve their tasks. Not to mention the fact that they will remove the object when they need it, not when the author of the program expects them to.

I don't know... Maybe it's me being senile, but memory leakage problems do exist.

CPU overpayment by a factor of 2 and the ssd will be limited by SATA bandwidth, but that's ok ))

I would go for a more balanced system for this budget as mt5 is actively caching and clogging up the drive (50gb is not the limit)

Fast451:

If possible, change it at the shop, or throw it in a bucket later

Here's a popular one that's not expensive, twice as effective.

What the hell?

I've been thinking a lot about the cooler, and I've settled on this Theta 16. The heat reserve is as much as 30%, which I think is good enough.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Overpay by 2 times on CPU and ssd will be limited by SATA bandwidth, but that's ok ))

I agree, like I said - I've been mulling over the CPU for the last week. Overpayment is not double, by 70%. But still, I'm leaning towards i7

As for bandwidth - M2 slot is free at the moment, and when faster SSDs will appear - most likely it will be used.

Georgiy Merts:

What the hell?

I've been thinking a lot about the cooler, and I've settled on this Theta 16. I've got a 30% heat gain, which is plenty in my opinion.

justify this level of cooling for i3-i5 in game mode etc. load is around 80% rest goes to graphics card, you optimize 6 cores will load for hours at 100%, i think this cooler will heat CPU for 85gr, and thermo seal will dry up very fast in this under cover, and Ryzen by the way it has eternal solder, at least be optimized

Georgiy Merts:

What the hell?

I've been thinking a lot about the cooler, and I've settled on this Theta 16. The heat gain is as much as 30% - I think that's good enough.

))) it's written off and is for old proces

with the new techs, the cooler doesn't even have time to spin up before the sensor reads 80.)

Fast451:

justify the level of cooling for i3-i5 in game mode etc. about 80% of load rest goes to the graphics card, you optimize 6 cores will load for hours at 100%, I think on this cooler the CPU will heat up over 85gr, and the thermoswitch will dry out very quickly in this under cover, and Ryzen by the way it has eternal solder, even if you optimize it

someone was singing against Ryzen before

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
someone was singing against ryzen before

that was about your version with a built-in video core, normal ryzen 2600 and 2700 models do not have them

Fast451:

that was about your version with the built-in video core of gaming, the normal ryzen 2600 and 2700 models don't have them

It's not a gaming core, just a normal core.