Creating a GUI for MQLs in graphical mode. - page 14

Yuriy Asaulenko:
I have an external TS, I don't need GUI feedback from the terminal.

So you don't use a terminal? Are you trading telepathically?

Alexey Volchanskiy:

So you don't use a terminal? Trading telepathically?

)) The terminal is a data provider and. an order-executing receiver. That's it. There's nothing to configure in it.
Let me get this straight. Two MT EAs are used. One is a data provider, the other is an order-executing receiver. This gives another terminal thread.
Get it? I've said it all before.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

I honestly haven't felt the need to attach forms to charts.

There is an active graphic that is directly connected to the chart (all sorts of lines, captions, lettering, and so on).

But there are GUI controls - settings, reports, statistics. And they are quite big and it' s a crime against the user to put them inside a chart :-)

Just place the form on top of the chart. You will need to remove the form from the window manager and track the changes in chart geometry and focus.
Such a "sunset by hand" :-) At least you won't get into the guts of MetaTrader and won't impose new chills and hooks on its windows - i.e. you will behave decently

Any GUI called from DLL has the most unpleasant feature - Expert Advisors/indicators that call it will periodically restart because of the slightest sneezing. Which leads to reopening of forms and waterfalls of foul language...
Perhaps the long-announced "services" (or whatever they are called) will be devoid of this drawback.

update/ about to put the form - to put RectLabel on the chart and in the chart-events to track the change of codinates. When it changes - place your form strictly on top :-) You need a little bit of tambourine when you change tabs, minimize window, to hide your form in time

I don't agree. If orders are opened using GUI, like in your first example, the corresponding form should belong to the corresponding chart. For example, you have 5 charts open and of these 5 order forms (not reports or settings). Free 5 forms "belonging" to different charts will confuse and confuse users. And when only the form that belongs to the active chart is in front of the user's eyes, it's a different matter.

Алексей Барбашин:

I disagree. If the GUI is used to open orders, as in your first example, then the corresponding form must belong to the corresponding chart. For example, you have 5 charts open and of these five, the order management forms are running (not reports or settings). Free 5 forms "belonging" to different charts will confuse and confuse users. And when only the form that belongs to the active chart is in front of their eyes, it's a different matter.

By the way, there is also a table (tree) of orders, but it's just an example...

The main question users have is "how to place charts/forms" on 3 monitors :-) No tabs during trade - everything must be visible

Yuriy Asaulenko:
)) the terminal is the data provider and. the application-executing receiver. That's it. There is nothing to configure in it.
To clarify. Two MT advisers are being used. One is a data provider and the other is a receiver-executor of orders. This gives another terminal thread.
Get it in your head? I've said it all before.

Are you kidding me or is this some kind of trick? I've been trying to get an answer for two days. What channel does the second receiver use to receive these requests? Maybe you should be a scout. If they do get caught, they'll wave their hand, spit and leave it alone, it's still one rearybrow...

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Are you kidding me or is this some kind of trick? I've been trying for 2 days to get an answer - what channel of communication does the second - receiver-executor get these requests??? Why don't you join the scouts? If they do get caught, they'll wave, spit and leave it alone, it's all one rear-end...

Alexei, my guess is that the scheme is as follows: each chart has an EA that sends data to the application. These are the data providers. There is one EA on a separate chart which polls the application for commands. This EA accepts requests and executes them. As a result, the EAs on the charts themselves are not busy downloading surveys. They send the data and continue working in their mode. And a separate EA is engaged in polling all the time.

But I don't see the need for a separate Expert Advisor. The polling can be handled by the indicator because it will be in a separate thread from the EA. And when the indicator reveals an order for this chart, it can send an event which will be intercepted and executed by the Expert Advisor.

Алексей Барбашин:

Alexei, I believe the scheme is as follows: each chart has an EA that sends data to the app. These are the data providers. There is one EA on a separate chart which polls the application for commands. This EA accepts requests and executes them. As a result, the EAs on the charts themselves are not busy downloading surveys. They send the data and continue working in their mode. And a separate EA is engaged in polling all the time.

But I don't see the need for a separate Expert Advisor. The polling can be handled by the indicator because it will be in a separate thread from the EA. And when the indicator detects an order for a given chart, it can send an event which will be intercepted and executed by the Expert Advisor.

I don't give a shit whether it's broken down into 5 EAs or 100500. I was asking about the communication channel, for there can be several types. Again, I was doing it 10 years ago on pipelines. At that time there were no mql built-in pips, I used native C++DLL. And the entire robot was in Sharp. Commands from the Expert Advisor were accumulated in the DLL buffer, because they were issued asynchronously for speed. And MQL4 Expert Advisor accessed DLL at every tick (it didn't have timer yet), passed the quotes and picked up the commands. Everything was multicurrency, I don't understand why we need a lot of charts.

Here, I have described the mechanism of exchange in two lines. Is it so hard to describe your mechanism instead of an ocean of water?

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Here, I have described the mechanism of exchange in two lines. Is it so hard to describe your mechanism instead of an ocean of watera?

Shit. First asked about the GUI - how to communicate. He answered - no way, do not need it. Now, it turns out he needs how advisers communicate. 100 times he wrote about it.
Have a look at my blog. We've already discussed all this in private, and we seem to have it all figured out.
If you want to get good answers, ask good questions.) Learn how to phrase them.)

Yuriy Asaulenko:
Shit. First I asked about GUI - how does it communicate? Answered - it does not, it is not necessary. Now, it turns out, he needs how advisers communicate. 100 times wrote about it.
Have a look at my blog. We've already discussed all this in private, and we seem to have it all figured out.
If you want normal answers, ask normal questions.) Learn how to phrase them.)

You're really incapable of taking questions. I'm not interested in how councillors communicate. That's it, I'm closing the thread, because it's pointless.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I don't give a shit whether it's broken down into 5 councillors or 100500. I was asking about the communication channel, for there can be several types. Again, I was doing it 10 years ago on pipelines. At that time there were no mql built-in pips, I used native C++DLL. And the entire robot was in Sharp. Commands from the Expert Advisor were accumulated in the DLL buffer, because they were issued asynchronously for speed. And MQL4 Expert Advisor accessed DLL at every tick (it didn't have timer yet), passed the quotes and picked up the commands. Everything was multicurrency, I don't understand why we need a lot of charts.

Here, I have described the mechanism of exchange in two lines. Is it so hard to describe your mechanism instead of an ocean of water?

Interested in "every tick" for a multi-currency EA. What, did one chart have tick arrival events from many instruments? Or "every tick" has a meaning different from the common event, which is handled by the OnTick function and is described in the Help Desk as "generated only for Expert Advisors when a new tick is received for the symbol, to the chart of which the EA is attached"?