The psychology of the successful trader. - page 16

Олег avtomat:

What is the conclusion?

The answer lies in the term 'EA' itself. Some traders draw all sorts of lines on the chart - this is their toolkit for assessing the market situation. Others - use combinations of indicators + news, etc. - this is their toolkit, etc. The Expert Advisor is the same, although it is the most technically advanced toolkit. It first of all has to evaluate the situation and give an advice on position opening, etc., and the trader (taking into account other information he has) must make a decision to open or not. Here there is no difference from manual trading - only a more advanced toolkit.

If the trader fully trusts the Expert Advisor and has thoroughly tested its high trading qualities, then it is quite possible(until the next strong events) to run it in the automatic mode. This approach partly relieves the psychological problems, but does not eliminate them. Also we need to periodically check the EA's trading and, if necessary, correct it (and the work of the EA), making sometimes psychologically difficult decisions. This hybrid (automatic-manual) approach to trading, in my opinion, is the most promising so far (at the current level of development of bots).

As for the opinion of my deeply respected Yousufkhodja Sultonov, it is also true, but on the condition that we are talking about a hypothetical ideal EA, which we should create, but which, unfortunately, has not been created yet.

Олег avtomat:

Overall, there is uncertainty here too.

Went to the uncertainty problem, voted for synergetics (I just wrote about Prigozhin's ideas). Then I see that you also voted.

Олег avtomat:

In short, there is uncertainty here too.

And indeterminacy, in general, "sits" at the heart of the universe.

Mikhail Goryunov:

It's a curious way to summarise.

It is actually a good tone to summarise at the end of a discussion (or at some stage) and draw conclusions. Although perhaps the discussion is not over yet. So Alexei Ivanov has set a good example.

Let's start a topic - the psychology of a successful locksmith (turner, milling contractor, janitor, housekeeper, etc., your choice).

Trading is either a business or a hobby. if it is a business, then all the rules of business and there is nothing to talk about, there is no subject. If a hobby, you can discuss anything, forever.

Victor Ziborov:

Actually, it is a good tone to summarise the discussion at the end (or at some stage) and draw conclusions. Although perhaps the discussion is not over yet. So Alexei Ivanov has set a good example.

People thought, gave advice, and shared their experiences. It is necessary to summarise the work of this powerful "collective mind" so that it is not wasted.

Олег avtomat:

What is the conclusion?

OK.

I'll answer.

The conclusion is that having at least some time to spare for quoting, it is possible to predict the behaviour of an EA and its deposit.

Aleksey Ivanov:
And uncertainty, in general, sits at the heart of the universe.

Apparently yes, if we consider uncertainty as a mixture of determinism and chance.

Renat Akhtyamov:

OK.

I'll answer.

The upshot is that with at least a little time to spare for quoting, one can predict the behaviour of a particular EA and its deposit.

Again, with uncertainty, in one way or another.