The psychology of the successful trader. - page 15

Aleksey Ivanov:

I operate with (I use in trading) notions of probability density and its evolution. Levels, channels - they are more our ways of representing an already established history, but this is my opinion and I'm not imposing it on anyone.

Although, it is possible to identify long bands where the price "treads" the most frequently and identify (or rather define) these bands as levels.

I know the expression"probability density" from my work. At one time I was engaged in quantum chemistry. Molecular orbitals and the probability of detecting an electron in some region of near-atomic space. The basic postulate of quantum mechanics: trying to study a system, we influence it, than we negate our efforts. However, Ilya Prigogine, exploring the nature of chaos, created an alternative theory, in which objective reality and the possibility of measuring it were not mutually exclusive. There is room for thought here.

Sergey Vradiy:
The expression"probability density" is familiar to me from my work. I used to do quantum chemistry in my time. Molecular orbitals and the probability of detecting an electron in some region of near-atomic space. The basic postulate of quantum mechanics: trying to study a system, we influence it, than we negate our efforts. However, Ilya Prigogine, exploring the nature of chaos, created an alternative theory, in which objective reality and the possibility of measuring it were not mutually exclusive. There is room for thought here.
Well we are almost brothers, I am a theoretical physicist and my specialty is quantum mechanics. Let's understand each other.

Sergey Vradiy:
The expression"probability density" is familiar to me from my work. At one time I was engaged in quantum chemistry. Molecular orbitals and the probability of detecting an electron in some region of near-atomic space. The basic postulate of quantum mechanics: trying to study a system, we influence it, than we negate our efforts. However, Ilya Prigogine, exploring the nature of chaos, created an alternative theory, in which objective reality and the possibility of measuring it were not mutually exclusive. There is room for thought here.

Yes, let me answer in more detail, although it is not really related to the topic of the branch, but there is a connection with psychology in the aspect of influence of observer's state on the result of observation (analogy of influence of mental state of trader on the result of his trade).

So, Prigogine did not create a theory alternative to quantum mechanics, but proposed his own interpretation of quantum mechanics or the laws described by it. Now there are already several dozens of interpretations of quantum mechanics. I am more or less familiar with the following:

(1) the Copenhagen interpretation, (2) the Heisenberg-Fock interpretation; (3) the development of the Copenhagen interpretation by J. Wheeler; (4) the extension of the London and Bauer apparatus of von Neumann's analytical description of the measurement procedure; (5) the Prigozhin treatment; (6) the multi-world interpretation (Hugh Everett); (7) the cosmological interpretation (Anthony Aguirre and Max Tegmark); (8) the quantum-logical interpretation (Birghof, Neuman, Finkelstein, J. Bub et al.); (9) neorealistic interpretation - theory of hidden parameters (Louis de Broglie, David Bohm, A. Einstein); (10) holistic interpretation (D. Bohm); (11) ensemble interpretation (D. I. Blokhintsev); (12) treatment by Richard Feynman; (13) transactional interpretation(John Kramer); (14) temporal interpretation (S. Kuznetsov); (15)informational interpretation (Wojciech Zurek); (16) binary geometrophysics theory(Yu . Vladimirov); (17) modal interpretation (B. van Fraassen).

I understand why you "liked" (or you are more familiar with it) exactly Prigozhin's treatment - because he paid much attention to chemical problems in the sphere of strongly nonequilibrium processes, and you, precisely, were engaged in chemistry. I do not like his treatment itself - he tried to bypass all experimentally (most brightly in quantumexperiments with delayed choice) confirmed quantum-mechanical difficulties of the paradoxical influence of the observer on the observable. But his very strong "trick" is in something else - in discovering regularities of transitions of highly non-equilibrium chaotic states, into states of a certain, formed out of this chaos order and mathematical modelling of these regularities, which, in my opinion, can be applied to the description of the market.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

throw the results here :) there must be at least 20 trades, for statistical validity

I'm sick of it, I've already wasted a couple of hours.

~400% profit

http://chartgame.com/profile/wert1

As I intended at the beginning, I will summarise our achievements on this thread.

I believe that psychological problems are not alleviated by EAs either, because there are no perfect EAs, and real EAs in an unpredictable and ever-changing market can provide us with the whole range of the same negative experiences we have with manual trading at any time.

So, opinions have been expressed.

The great danger of trading for the personality (Yousufkhodja Sultonov) from which it is necessary to adhere to a special psychology or education - the perfection of the personality - a certain yoga, the essence of which is as follows:

1. Treating trading as a game, not as making money (Konstantin Nikitin).
  2. Adjusting the style of trading to your own character Victor Ziborov (it means you need to know yourself).
  3. Scientific approach to trading is a priority in studying the market, and the profit is a nice extra bonus. (Sergey Vradiy)
  4. Self-confidence - one of the main qualities of a trader (Victor Ziborov) - this must be understood strategically, as confidence that you will succeed in trading in general, rather than confidence that the price will turn in the right direction and you will win.
  5. To be successful you need to eradicate subconscious impulses to lose (Sergey Vradiy), i.e. it requires work with your subconscious mind.
  6. Set upfor losses (Mikhail Goryunov) - the proper programming of the consciousness, so as not to hold on to losing positions. Not to concentrate on the game. To overcome the fear of losses. (Vitaly Muzichenko ).

Pay attention to the set of points (5-6) -they express a complete reorientation of the personality - a successful trader must have a completely non-standard (paradoxical) psychology.

Комбинатор:

That's it, I'm sick of it, I've wasted a couple of hours already.

~400% profit.

http://chartgame.com/profile/wert1

I'm sick of it at -160%.

i can cheat there, if you don't cheat it's cool! i can tell right away that you are a good trader

Because, on the average, the result has to be random: many different instruments, different volatility, different market patterns, uncomfortable charting.

Mikhail Goryunov:

You'd have to be crazy to trust a bot.

I think this post is the best.

Renat Akhtyamov:
I think this post is the most successful.
On the contrary,you have to be crazy to trust the psyche completely. The bot is beyond psyche.

Aleksey Ivanov:

As I intended at the beginning, I will summarise our achievements on this thread.

I believe that psychological problems are not alleviated by EAs either, because there are no perfect EAs, and real EAs in an unpredictable and ever-changing market can provide us with the whole range of the same negative experiences we have with manual trading at any time.

So, opinions have been expressed.

The great danger of trading for the personality (Yousufkhodja Sultonov) from which it is necessary to adhere to a special psychology or education - the perfection of the personality - a certain yoga, the essence of which is as follows:

1. Treating trading as a game, not as making money (Konstantin Nikitin).
  2. Adjusting the style of trading to your own character Victor Ziborov (it means you need to know yourself).
  3. Scientific approach to trading is a priority in studying the market, and the profit is a nice extra bonus. (Sergey Vradiy)
  4. Self-confidence - one of the main qualities of a trader (Victor Ziborov) - this must be understood strategically, as confidence that you will succeed in trading in general, rather than confidence that the price will turn in the right direction and you will win.
  5. To be successful you need to eradicate subconscious impulses to lose (Sergey Vradiy), i.e. it requires work with your subconscious mind.
  6. Set upfor losses (Mikhail Goryunov) - the proper programming of the consciousness, so as not to hold on to losing positions. Not to concentrate on the game. To overcome the fear of losses. (Vitaly Muzichenko ).

Note the set of points (5-6) -they are a complete reorientation of the personality - a successful trader must have a completely non-standard (paradoxical) psychology.

A curious summation.

Mikhail Goryunov:

Надо быть психом что бы всецело доверится боту.

Renat Akhtyamov:
I think this post is the best.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:
On the contrary,you need to be crazy to completely trust your psyche. A bot is beyond psyche.

What will be the conclusion?