MT5 is for programmers, not traders - page 7

Artyom Trishkin:

Or do you think that in mql4 there is nothing inside standard functions - no search? There is. But here you are givenmore flexibility and speed. Languages are like twins - very similar. Just start writing in mql5 and you will see for yourself.

Yes, apparently, to understand the advantage of this language, I need to graduate:)

Vitaly Stepanov:

Yes, I guess I have to graduate to understand the advantage of this language:)

You should first define what you want.

If you need to learn how to write experts to test your ideas, there are plenty of opportunities for that. What is the problem? That there are no officially certified courses? What's the point of wasting resources on them for developers? There are many more important tasks. The existing documentation will be good enough for beginners. By the way, there are video courses (although I personally do not like the video courses - articles are much more valuable and convenient). Open any that you like, learn, write what they tell you. If you have questions, you can ask here, when the questions are specific, and not "I do not understand anything" - they are usually answered by people.

And to talk about "advantage" - you need to be able to compare - and what do you compare with?

Vitaly Stepanov:

Yes, apparently, I need to graduate to understand the advantage of this language:)

You need a programming teacher. For a lot of money. Judging by the fact that you don't want to learn for free.

It's humour night in the studio today ))

Although I am hated by fans of defines for telling stories about real life, I will tell you about how I learned programming in my time. Amateur please skip this post. Don't read any more of mine.

When I learned my first language - Fortran - back in 1985, and wrote a part of my diploma on radio station calculation, I had no computer. My teacher gave me a printed manual on an alphabet printer, a la typewriter, older people may remember them for ECM, which made a rattling noise when the text was printed with letters jumping around in height and having disgusting quality. Such a short guide to the language and a list of functions. Not even close to a tutorial, just a translation of a short reference book from English.

The way I wrote the program is this. I had to write a program in block letters, each letter in a separate cell. I put it in a special box at the institute. After three days I received a stack of punched cards and a printout on that awful printer.

If you made even one mistake, no one would correct anything, there was a message about compilation or execution errors. That's the speedy method of development. My tutor, seeing that I was trying, got me time on the VC. Also no monitor, but I was able to quickly correct errors and learned to correct punched cards manually, so as not to occupy the staff. And nothing, I wrote the whole calculus part, got an A for the diploma.

At the same time I do not consider myself particularly clever, I knew and know a lot of people much cleverer than myself. I just tried and never complained.

----------

I had forgotten about Fortran some five years later, but I bought a computer in the co-operative; I had to read out parameters from the equipment. I was an electronic engineer, so I designed and built a board in the then-format ISA with an ADC and something else. I mastered the Borland turbo-pascal and learnt to read-write memory on the board. Back then the memory was segmented into blocks of 64 k, which was not much fun either. I remember, when I went to the country for vacation I again wrote programs in a notebook using a pencil to come back and check them. Those were the days )) In addition, in 1990 we did not have anything to eat, there was gluttony in shops and we were always hungry at work.
But we managed to bring the cyntrifuge to fruition, sold it to the then Latvian Biopharm, and made a lot of money. Then there was more development for them, until the Soviet Union collapsed.

I'm not bragging, I'm just telling the real conditions of those years, today's pampered people who like to complain would not have survived back then.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I'm not bragging, I'm just telling you the real conditions of those years, today's pampered complainers would not have survived back then.

No, mate, we did. We didn't go hungry back then either.

Vitaly Stepanov:

No, mate, we survived. We didn't go hungry back then either.

I did not specify: we survived by doing what we loved, not by going into trade. We went hungry (conventionally of course) not because of lack of money, but because in '90s shops sold only bread and kefir, no meat or anything else. Only vouchers and a 2-3 hour queue.

However, I was also selling vodka in bulk later on. I had to combine business with pleasure.) But a lot of people stood on the streets with trays of cigarettes and other trifles. I remember that all of Nevsky, which is the centre of St. Petersburg, was densely packed with such hawkers. I remember the whole of Nevsky, which is the centre of St. Petersburg, was full of such hawkers.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I did not specify, surviving by doing what they loved, not by going into the trade. However, I was also selling vodka in bulk back then. I had to mix business with pleasure.) But a lot of people were standing on the streets with stalls of cigarettes and other trifles. I remember that all of Nevsky, which is the centre of St. Petersburg, was densely packed with such hawkers. Well, things in the past... are not related to trading, what to remember.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. They used to stand on Staronevsky too, at night. Only I didn't trade then. And I wouldn't call trading my favourite thing.

Vitaly Stepanov:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. We used to stand on Staronevsky too, at night. But I did not trade then. And I would not call trading my favourite thing.

I did not trade then either ))) I did not know what was Forex and trading at all. By "favorite" I meant programming and electronics development. As for vodka: we bought vodka and smokes in bulk using a cashless receipt of order payments and distributed them among the shops, which even had stands on Nevsky Street at that time. It's hard to imagine this now, the old Kazan Cathedral and next to it ugly iron boxes of vodka ))))

But it still brings back memories of fun, of youth ))

Alexander Puzanov:

:)

1. CopyHIgh may return an error - this has to be checked manually and handled. At least 3 lines

2. CopyHIgh may not return all values you give it - this needs to be checked manually and processed. At least 3 strings.

3) To use CopyHIgh you have to prepare an array where Copy will do it. At least 1 line

4. To realize CopyHIgh benefits we need another stack of strings. With manual error checking, of course.

---

I envy who has the complication of just one line.

Try it.

Vitaly Stepanov:

Can you be more specific...:)

There is a class of software called expert adviser generator. You can build any trading system, put together an algorithm by visual bricks (condition check, branching options), choose ready-made indicators, generate code, modify it, etc. You can analyse trade statistics (Sharpe ratio, expectation, etc.). There are programs that allow you to approximate the TS by neural networks to a ready-made set of manual trades. There is everything. You don't have to be lazy to look for it.