Are there any wave traders here? - page 3

Dmitry Sumsky:

So why don't we have a chat on Skype? You tell me your mathematical tricks, I'll tell you mine, and maybe we'll both get some interesting information that we can use in trading.

I will even show you how the marker may mark in the tester with visualization.

I am ready for you. My skype is sent to you in a personal message.

Vadim Zotov:

I'm ready. I've sent you my skype in a private message.

A plea to all "wave-people". Please, formulate your vision of the market in terms of waves, and show the result, at least since the year 2000 until now, prove that you can achieve a positive expected payoff, even if minimal. Otherwise, the fantasy of waves remains a pipe dream that distracts the attention of traders. The same is true for supporters of MAs, Fibonacci levels, fractals, trading on different horizontal, inclined levels, and other trading techniques.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:
A call to all "wave directors". Please, formulate your vision of the market in terms of waves, and show the result, at least from the beginning of 2000 up to now, prove that you can achieve a positive expected payoff, even a minimum. Otherwise, the fantasy of waves remains a pipe dream that distracts the attention of traders. The same is true for supporters of MAs, Fibonacci levels, fractals, trading on different horizontal, inclined levels, and other trading techniques.

Obviously and at the same time unbelievable ... that someone would have "deployed" a system of evidence since 2000.

Funny call, especially with the result from 2000. Why prove anything to anyone? Everyone sees the market differently. Some as incomprehensible chaos. Others as chaos ordered into waves.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:
An appeal to all "wave-people". Please, formulate your vision of the market in terms of waves and show the result, at least since the year 2000 till now, prove that you can achieve a positive expected payoff, even a minimum. Otherwise, the fantasy of waves remains a pipe dream that distracts the attention of traders. The same applies to supporters of MA-scores, Fibonacci levels, fractals, trading on different horizontal, inclined levels, and other trading techniques.
There is, understandably, no such thing as a perfect tool. Therefore, usually a reliable TS uses fundamentally different tools to cut off the abnormal signals (they can be a "black swan" in the market, or simply the failure of quotes). Trading geniuses can make a profit on the flip of a coin and say that's enough, but they will never tell you the rest.

Dmitry Sumsky:

The aim is simple. Writing owls on wave theory. I thought, what if I will find my assistant, who will tell me something, some more specific entry and exit points, than "I forecast up". After all these words only one thing is clear - if the price changes even a point up, the forecast will be correct, but there is no specifics - entry at such and such quote, exit at such and such quote or SL at such and such point from some extremum or from some trade, TP - there.

Something like this... )))

If we are talking about the wave makers, they have no specifics. In this case, the man gives the direction of entry, and I understand he clearly is not a wave maker. These wave makers usually do not know in real time where to enter, but they are good at history.

I used to see a very good indicator on the Internet that detected waves, but alas, it was only good on history.

Yuriy Zaytsev:

Once I saw a very good indicator on the internet, it detected waves, but alas, it was only good on history.
And that is the specifics of the wave theory. It is not useful for forecasting, but it helps to understand that the trend is over. For example, if one can fix 5 impulse waves from the beginning to the end, and now the price has already fallen below the beginning of the 5th wave, there is no point in buying on the trend. Basically, it's the same as "don't wave your fists after a fight" or something like that.

Sergey Vradiy:
And that is the specifics of wave theory. It is useless for forecasting, but it helps to understand that the trend is complete. For example, if you can lock in 5 impulse waves from start to finish, and now the price has already fallen below the start of wave 5, there is no point in buying on the trend. It's basically the same as "don't wave your fists after a fight" or something like that.

I would agree, but,
i've seen the forecasts of the "wave guy" in 2008, remember the crisis? he had 5 waves, but the trend kept going up and up, and then another 5 waves and then another 5 and about 25 times five...
I mean, on such dips or rises, the wave guy doesn't see a thing. He fixes it, but then bam, it goes the wrong way again.

and instead of 5 waves you get 76 in one direction... and sometimes the wavelength overlaps all the dimensions of the so-called "wave theory".

Yuriy Zaytsev:

I would agree, but
Once I have seen the forecasts of a "waveologist" in 2008, remember the crisis? he had 5 waves, and the trend kept going up and up, and then 5 more waves and then another 5 and about 25 times 5...
I mean, on such dips or rises, the wave guy doesn't see a thing. He fixes it, but then bam, it goes the wrong way again.

and instead of 5 waves you get 76 in one direction... and sometimes the wavelength overlaps all the dimensions of the so-called "wave theory".

The "environment" (the market) determines the wave sizes, "wave writers", in fact, are outside observers with their forecasts, while forecasts may be so diverse, i.e. all answers are Yes-No-Silence.

Such "analytics" creates "mess". For my own experience I note that the complexity of the wave analysis lies in the structure of the waves - and the impulse has a 5-wave structure and some of the corrective moves

contain a 5-wave structure + duration + relations, not quite a simple "field" to determine the form

Veniamin Skrepkov:

The "environment" (the market) determines the wave sizes, "wave writers", in fact, are outside observers with their prognoses, while prognoses can be so diverse, i.e. all answers are Yes-No-Silence.

Such "analytics" creates "mess". For my own experience I note that the complexity of the wave analysis is embedded in the structure of the waves - and the impulse has a 5-wave structure and some of the corrective moves

contain the 5-wave structure + duration + correlation, it is not quite a simple "field" to determine the form.

Yes, it is true, the market lives from the impulse to the impulse, we can call it waves, but any five-wave structure breaks on the trend, and only by passing to the history, the wave expert will show that the "fifth wave" is not the fifth one.