Looking for a trader - page 9

Mickey Moose:
any desire to share a bit of information? i just don't know how this investor and trader kitchen works in companies. Worked this way myself, but dunno how others do.

In investment companies everything is simple, you bring money and they either help you buy securities, maybe they choose a portfolio that worked on history and should work now for some reason, if you are on the plus side, well, if you are on the minus side, you still have shares, and they always grow, wait or buy more and get a brokerage commission, here the goal is to sell as many securities as possible. If a company is engaged in algorithmic trading (or just trading), which is very rare, very rare, then everything is classic there, they trade on your account, if you are winning, you pay a success fee of 30% and account service fee about 2,5% of the deposit. If you get a bad result, you just pay 2.5% of the deposit, if you get a loss, they stop trading and say: "Well, you still have some shares, just wait, they will grow. All algorithms are primitive, they seldom go further than wagons. Those who deal in arbitrage and HFT as a rule do not attract money from clients or attract them at fixed interest, which is on the verge of a refinancing rate of about 9%. There are those who are engaged in algotrading and they have different trading systems, but again for HFT and arbitrage, they take a fixed interest of about 9% per annum. They may use a structured product, put a part of the deposit in a risk-free asset at 9% and use these 9% as the base for active trading with 100% risk. If they show profit, they can make 18% per year, if they suffer losses, they will lose not the principal deposit, but this 9% that was supposed to be earned during the year. There is a risk of playing at 0 and as a rule everyone plays at 0. You just deposit the money, you let it sit and pay the commission. If you withdraw earlier, of course you get a penalty. Options use the similar scheme; they give up to 24% p.a., but they can play for 0 for a year as well. In usual algorithms, the risk is usually 30%, the return is 18-30% p.a. (it may be 0). After a risky situation occurs, you will be offered to play again with 30% risk. These are the most honest schemes. There is even an outright deception, like there is no risk, they are insured in the insurance, they even give you a paper)). There are other schemes: you invest in a project, for instance in the construction of a factory or in the purchase of commercial real estate and then you rent it out and receive income. But there are risks of course.

I take my own accounts and tell my clients everything honestly, so much profit, so much risk, here's the story, look how I traded, I work on better trading. Profit 30/70.

Дмитрий Равчев:

So it turns out that everyone who responds here is a freeloader.

No, of course not everyone. Someone really trades, but there are risks everywhere, and if there are no risks, then the investor becomes a freeloader, and no one messes with freeloaders, it is more expensive.

Maxim Romanov:

If that's true, it's bullshit, isn't it?

Mickey Moose:

If that's true, it's bullshit.
How is it bullshit? The market is complicated, it is direct competition, it is difficult to make money on it, you have to be smarter than others. It is the task of any business, including trading, to get a percentage higher than the refinancing rate, but the higher the rate, the higher the risk, everything makes sense.

Maxim Romanov:
What is the nonsense? The market is complicated, it is direct competition, it is difficult to make money in it, you have to be smarter than others. The higher the rate, the higher the risk, everything makes sense. On bitcoins, you can make tens of thousands of percent, but there is a corresponding risk, 100% when the risk starts to fall, the yields will fall.

As it turns out, the same large funds know as much as those who sit on this forum

Maxim Romanov:

such interesting suggestions, to top up the investor's account in case of a loss...)) I can say from a trader's point of view. I have spent 10 years of my life to trade on the plus side, I have accumulated unique knowledge, spent a lot of money on algorithms development, and I am spending it further, to stay in the plus. Then an investor comes and says I have $ 1000, but no risk, if you lose even a dollar, reimburse me. The question is, why do I need an investor? I have to give him 70% of my profit and to bear the risk. I can go to the bank, take the money and give back 20% per annum.... Do you know how much the average business makes in general??? and what are the risks there???

I will never manage an account without risk, purely as a matter of principle, even if I can provide a risk-free trade. There is only one way to ensure risk-free trading, to take the risks of another person who wants to get rich, on himself. I have analysed many offers in the investment market and been in a large number of investment companies and I can say that hiring a trader with a risk of 30% is one of the best options because many investment companies have a 100% risk, others have a deposit maintenance fee of 2.5% a year regardless of profit. And a person really has nowhere to invest his money to get a higher income than the bank, there are risks everywhere and no one is going to compensate them, because compensation for your risks = taking the risks yourself and if you take the risks yourself, you can find the money much cheaper. That's why you don't meet successful traders, because they don't talk about themselves, they don't need to fuss with an investor.

The admins of the resource behave in the same way. They forget about the trader, how much time he has spent on the system development, and then they stuff a long time. There are a lot of investors, traders do not. The investor is always at risk, people who do not like risks do not go to financial markets.

Mickey Moose:

In what turns out - the same large funds know as much as those sitting on this forum

No) mostly less) no one knows anything and cannot do anything. And those who know and can do it, give 9% of the rest to their clients or do not advertise themselves and nobody knows about them. But this is about Russian companies. How in America I do not know.

Any trader who trades on the + side tries to keep his trading system (algorithm) secret. Often, the investor working in constant contact with the manager tries to find out the secrets and give advice. And it becomes an obsession of an investor.

That's why those traders who trade in + are often ignoring even good offers (the sums that are much higher than their own capital). Most of them have own accounts with no more than 10-15k Zeleny.

Also investors themselves are very sophisticated people. Sometimes it happens that they agree on a period of say a year and they need 40-60% and the manager does it in 2-3 months and the investor, afraid that something will go wrong, refuses to cooperate further.

GhostMan:

Any trader who trades on the + side tries to keep his trading system (algorithm) secret. Often, the investor working in constant contact with the manager tries to find out the secrets and give advice. And it becomes an obsession of an investor.

That's why those traders who trade in + are often ignoring even good offers (the sums that are much higher than their own capital). Most of them have own accounts with no more than 10-15k Zeleny.

Also investors themselves are very sophisticated people. They say they have a one-year contract and they need 40-60%, but their manager does it in 2-3 months and they are afraid that something may go wrong and they refuse to cooperate further.

More often the opposite is true - an investor sees that, for example, you have made a yearly plan for three months and demands the same result in the next three months.