From theory to practice - page 871

Martin Cheguevara:

But it's a hell of a 1,250 lines of code.

I used to write the same kind of code...

but it suddenly dawned on me - a person cannot make an adaptive quote that intricate and start searching for a basic calculation

one of the 2 articles above discusses the market approach to deciphering price movements from one level to another (or vice versa), but it's too complicated

everything is simpler, I mean the decoding of pseudo-volatility artificially introduced by the quote

By the way, if we remove this fiction at once, we obtain a bounce, i.e. a linear trend

the other article is about how a triangle is quoted, so I would strongly advise against trading more than one side of it, it's a hassle

Unicornis:

It is necessary to accept the fact that once a year something goes wrong and you get a signal to buy (sell), where it can't be (by TC logic). Since an error may creep in, we need a separate and main prohibiter of entries in the direction, and under it all the rest of the strategy.

I have an order system that equalises all errors. I do not have a buy or sell signal.

Martin Cheguevara:

I do not have a buy or sell signal. it's a different way of working.

I've been working on this strategy for a little over 3 years.

Pure mathematics, the profit is small, because multidirectional orders are trading with themselves.

with each modification , it got more and more complicated.

but! works fine only as long as it's flat...

reducing the risk also leads to reducing the already low profits

Friends, please advise which function can determine the time of the bar, the point is that I found a max and min bar and I need to compare their time, but how to do it I do not understand

Evgentlt:
Friends, please advise which function can determine the time of the bar, the point is that I found a max and min bar and I need to compare their time, but how to do it I do not understand

Are you sure this is the right place to ask this question?

Evgentlt:
Friends, please advise which function can be used to determine the time of the bar, the point is that I found a max and min bar and I need to compare their time, but how to do it I do not understand
https://www.mql5.com/ru/docs/series/itime
Документация по MQL5: Доступ к таймсериям и индикаторам / iTime
Документация по MQL5: Доступ к таймсериям и индикаторам / iTime
  • www.mql5.com
//| Script program start function                                    | //| Возвращает название дня недели                                   |

Renat Akhtyamov:
https://www.mql5.com/ru/docs/series/itime

cp

Renat Akhtyamov:

I spent a little over 3 years developing this strategy

pure mathematics, the profit is small, because multidirectional orders work, trading with themselves

with each refinement , it's been getting more and more grainy.

but! it only works fine as long as it's flat...

Reducing the risk also reduces the already low profits.

it's not) i only have 1 order working all the time. it's just different type...honestly it's hard to explain on your fingers...

i just have one order that works both when it's flat and when it's trending and when the price may go in circles - i don't care)

my system always works.

it 's either working or not...

it works for me. Always. My system always works, but it never lets up.

You're the one who told me, Renat said something like "hohoho! Just a little left!" remember?) I thought you figured it out too...

Renat Akhtyamov:

I spent a little over 3 years developing this strategy

pure mathematics, the profit is small, because multidirectional orders work, trading with themselves

With each refinement, it's kind of gotten more and more granular.

But! it only works fine when it's flat...

reducing the risk also leads to reducing the already low profits

if your system works better when only a trend or a flat - it is not working and will not work a priori. the probability will be less than 50% initially, and you need to increase it only by taking risks.

Martin Cheguevara:

I have only one order that always works. It's just a different type... To be honest it's hard to explain on your fingers...

i just have one order that works both when it's flat and when it's trending and when the price may go in circles for all i care)

my system always works.

it's either working or not...

it works for me. Always. My trading robots are always working. But that doesn't mean that they never lose.

You're the one who says "hohoho!" Remember?

You can do it with one order, too.

I haven't done so, but in principle you could..., with a virtual second most likely