From theory to practice - page 723

What is the unit of measure: is the tick volume the number of times the price has changed or the number of pips it has made within 1 bar (candlestick)?

geratdc_:
And what is the unit: tick volume - is it how many times the price has changed or how many points it has run within 1 bar (candlestick)?

How many times the price has changed, no matter which way, as far as I understand it.

It may be just the DC changing the price, for example, for its own reasons.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

How many times the price has changed, no matter which way, as far as I understand it.

We need to be more specific then. And what can this tell us? Suppose the high-low = 100 points / 5 000 = 0.02 points per 1 tick. The profitability of a tick so to speak. Maybe it really can be promoted in some way? Probably, scalpers are aware of the details. Maybe, this may really be a good indicator.

So, we have found out that profitability of a tick, where high-low = 100 points with 5000 tick volume = 0,02 points / tick.

Then if the difference on another bar between the hai-low = 1 000 pips with a tick volume of 10 000 for example = 0.1 pips/tick.

Hmm. So what should we do with it? It's not clear yet, but the profitability of the second bar tick looks preferable for the trend indicator.

geratdc_:

We'll have to be more specific then. And what can this tell us? Suppose the high-low = 100 points / 5,000 = 0.02 points per tick. The profitability of a tick, so to speak. Maybe it really can be promoted in some way? Probably, scalpers are aware of the details.

Scalpers do not exist on Forex. Scalping, in the classic sense, is playing with the spread and its neighborhood in the cup.

In general, estimating anything by ticks is like estimating the speed and the course of an aeroplane by the vibrations of the fuselage, imho.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

There are no scalpers in forex.

In general, judging something by ticks is like judging the speed and course of an aeroplane by the vibrations of the fuselage, imho.

In fact, I thought the same about ticks, that it is just noise. Just like a minute timeframe)))) But people are interested in ticks and not stupid people, so we should also dig and be in the trend, or lag behind in development)))). Okay. Good night) Better in the morning, as they say.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

There are no scalpers in forex. Scalping, in the classic sense, is playing with the spread in the cup.

In general, estimating something by its ticks is like estimating the speed and the course of an aeroplane by the vibrations of the fuselage, imho.

A very valid comparison.

Олег avtomat:

A very accurate comparison.

Do you know what tick volume is? Is it how many times price has changed or how many points it has wound inside a bar (candlestick)?

You can also look in reverse, when ticks are divided by the difference (let it be not between haem-low), but by the distance in points between opening and closing price, then 5000/100 = 50 ticks/item, while 10 000 / 1 000 = 10 ticks/item. It turns out that the tick stress is greater in the bar where the price eventually passed 100 pips between the opening and closing. But the second bar looks better again, the tickwise tension is lower and the price travelled more.

Llan, stop bothering the public))) Thanks for the clarification. Switching off.

geratdc_:

Do you know what tick volume is? Is it how many times the price has changed or how many pips it has swung within a bar (candlestick)?

Tick volume is the number of times price has changed.

_o0O:

tick volume is the number of price changes.

Copy that. End of link))

I lied to you - there is still a correlation on the real chart between the price passing more pips with a larger tick volume. That is, I could not find the situation I was talking about, when a smaller tick volume would give a larger price step between opening and closing.

I have taken one bar higher and another one lower and the rule is confirmed:

Return on tick 591/1 740 = 0.34 pips/tick

Profitability of the tick 130/613 = 0,21 pips/tick

The higher the tick volume, the more likely it is that the price will pass more points.

Ugh. Corrected. The report is finished.