From theory to practice - page 301

Andrei:

It should be - there is only one optimal TF where volatility is significantly higher than the spread. On larger TFs the risks increase and the sense to use them is lost.

So volatility depends on the TF?

Charts rule the market...

Oh crap...

Renat Akhtyamov:

So price and volatility depend on the TF?

btw...

Of course with equal values of the window volatility depends on the TF... It seems obvious... Also Alexander explained it in terms of window for BP...

Alexander_K2:

I would put it this way - a single optimum TF (BP sample size) for a particular currency pair.

previous post

Andrei:

Of course with equal window values, volatility depends on the TF... It's kind of obvious... Alexander also explained it in terms of window for BP...

I forgot to add there:

Charts rule the market...!!

Hooray!

Renat Akhtyamov:

I forgot to add there:

Charts rule the market...!!!

Yay!

TF is just a time filter, no need to confuse that with charts...

Andrei:

The TF is just a time filter, not to be confused with charts...

Don't forget that it is a heuristic, i.e. invented by man.

The correct conclusion is that charts confuse the trader, so there is nothing to look for.

Renat Akhtyamov:

Don't forget that it is a heuristic.

The correct conclusion is that charts confuse the trader.

Make your own chart that doesn't confuse... in a simple case it is a TF of some kind...

Andrei:

Make your own chart that will not be confusing... in a simple case it is a TF of some kind...

What is there to do, he will be like this

Andrey Khatimlianskii 2016.12.19 16:36 RU

Andrei:

The TF is just a time filter, not to be confused with charts...

Exactly.

Alexander_K2:

Exactly.

The best signal is a signal from the trader's head, i.e. a person who trades logically, rather than relying on a miracle formula.

The whole world has been pounding the internet for 40 years and can't figure it out.

Isn't it a statistic that the way is not right?