Trading on SPb via MT5 - page 5

Alexey Kozitsyn:

Sadly, MT5 is extremely NOT in demand by the brokers of the Moscow Exchange. I personally talked to a representative of Otkritie. Only a handful of clients use MT5. Mostly they use Quick. With it they can trade all at once + options. With MT they use separate sections (second terminal - for extra fee) and still have no access to options.

That's what makes them so annoying :) As if these 200 rubles (in this area) give them something.

Blame the forex players who do not want to go to the exchange and because of this there are few customers from ordinary people.

Personally, I think MOEX is much more interesting if martin and cent accounts are not used.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Personally, I think MOEX is much more interesting...

I think so too, but MOEX is a small part of MT5 clients, unfortunately. This is what accounts for the slow development of the platform in this direction.

Alexey Kozitsyn:

Likewise I think, but MOEX is a small part of MT5 clients, unfortunately. This is what accounts for the slow development of the platform in this direction.

That's because options are not available through MT5:

options,

bonds,

eurobonds,

calendar spreads,

swap trades,

repos with CCs,

single account operation,

the ability to see all of the Moscow Exchange marketplaces in one terminal

As soon as you need any of these you will inevitably switch to Quik. If you already use Quik, there's not much reason to go to MT5, except the speed advantage.

So, it turns out that at the exchange, the MT5 users are only the former Forex users, who have not yet retrained.

That's a pity.

Ilya Baranov:

Because options are not available through MT5:

options,

bonds,

Eurobonds,

calendar spreads,

swap trades,

repos with CCs,

the ability to see all of the Moscow Exchange marketplaces in one terminal

As soon as you need any of these you will inevitably switch to Quik. If you already use Quik, there's not much reason to go to MT5, except the speed advantage.

So, it turns out that at the exchange, the MT5 users are only the former Forex users, who have not yet retrained.

That's a pity.

So many people from among beginner investors use this set of tools?

There is just a myth about the stock exchange, that you need a lot of capital to make money compared to Forex. But this is just a fallacy, especially when compared to the futures section.

Of course, QuickBooks has some advantages - it's less slow and its workspace is well organised (so you can work with many instruments at once and not get lost in them). And MT5 is simpler, more intuitive - more poppy, which should attract beginners to the exchange. There are many little things that are more convenient in Quick for daily use, and when you point them out to developers, you get the answer: "Everything can be programmed through freelancing and you will have the same or even better! And, of course, MT5 has a huge choice of indicators and other attachments, which is good for schizoid, but there are not so many of them...

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

There are so many people among the novice investors who use this set of tools, aren't there?

There is just a myth about the stock market that you need huge capital to make money compared to Forex. But this is just a fallacy, especially when compared to the futures section.

Of course, QuickBooks has some advantages - it's less slow and its workspace is well organised (i.e. you can work with many instruments at once and not get lost in them). And MT5 is simpler, more intuitive - more poppy, which should attract beginners to the exchange. There are many little things that are more convenient in Quick for daily use, and when you point them out to developers, you get the answer: "Everything can be programmed through freelancing and you will have the same or even better! And of course MT5 has a huge choice of indicators and other attachments, which is good for shizoids, but not so much...

Bonds are a very popular instrument among investors, both beginners and not only (non speculators). And there is no way to use them in MT5.

A single brokerage account is a thing that will come in handy for most investors.

And when I needed to use them, I had to use Quik. There are no alternatives (apart from broker specific terminals). Same with the rest. And what are the reasons to go back to MT5 ?

Ilya Baranov:

Bonds are a very popular instrument among investors, both beginners and non-investors (non-speculators). And there is no way to use them in MT5.

A single brokerage account is a thing that will come in handy for most investors.

And when I needed to use them, I had to use Quik. There are no alternatives (apart from broker specific terminals). Same with the rest. And what are the reasons to go back to MT5 ?

Bonds, yes, but it's not the tool you need to monitor all the time, you can buy them via web app...

EBS, there seems to be some limitations, like no options or no currency trading, I forgot, why I gave up.

I`ve forgotten, why I`ve refused. With MT5 I can trade with my hands without hands, that`s the main thing for me now... I am used to terminal (even if it's MT4, there is not so much difference) after twenty years of forex trading.

Very good news!!!

I can't wait.

Good afternoon!

Any progress on the promotion of the MT5 to the St. Petersburg market?

MT5 is indispensable for algo trading. The alternative is the expensive TS Lab. Quick is useless in this respect. Although you can connect a normal system for algo trading to Quick, but where can you get it for free? Therefore, on the Russian market there is no alternative to MT5. Do you have to write your own system via a naked gateway? Well, you can. But you have to write a normal tester yourself. And it is good in MT5.

Ilya Baranov:

Because MT5 is not available:

A certain broker has a single account(Moscow Exchange SPOT + FORST, maybe some others, I was not interested). And one can see them in one MT5 terminal. But the broker's commission there is about $0.1 per contract! They promise to make $0.01 per contract for large volumes, but it's still very expensive.