Help for developers. - page 18

Zvezdochet:

I tested some EA .... with 1 000 $ depo and 0.1 lot and over 3 500 $ depo in few months .... I REDUCED the lot to 0.01 and the EA has REDUCED the depo by half in a few months

Question : how could it be ?

For those who think I mixed up the lots I may send some screenshots

Some EAs may close lots in portions for example.

Let them close lots by segments!

The question was: "Why at reducing the lot by 10 times ("threefold reduction of risk") the deposit has halved in two months? And at increasing the lot by 10 times the EA has increased the deposit by three and a half times in less than a month! Such a ratio is mathematically impossible ! If the deposit can handle 0.1 lot volume, it can handle 0.01 lot volume !

Zvezdochet:

The question was: "Why at reducing the lot by 10 times ("threefold reduction of risk") the deposit has halved in two months? And at increasing the lot by 10 times the EA has increased the deposit by three and a half times in less than a month! Such a ratio is mathematically impossible ! If the deposit can handle 0.1 lot volume, it can handle 0.01 lot volume !

Look at the history of transactions. Perhaps, some other parameters have changed that caused the increase in the number of deals. You need to know the working logic of the Expert Advisor. The conditions of entering may have changed that affected the final result.

Zvezdochet:

I tested some EA .... with 1 000 $ depo and 0.1 lot and over 3 500 $ depo in few months .... I REDUCED the lot to 0.01 and the EA has REDUCED the depo by half in a few months

Question : how could it be ?

Completely natural thing. With a small deposit the Expert Advisor is hungry and does not work well. If you overfeed it, it will also work badly. We have to optimize the lot size. One more thing. Expert Advisor = owl, nocturnal animal. It may depend on the time of testing. Another variant is possible: in a couple of months, the amount of lots has decreased, and then we need to see whether there will be a growth and an excellent variant in the required number of months.

Реter Konow:
Take a look at the history of the trades. Maybe some other parameters have changed, causing an increase in the number of trades. You need to know the logic of how the Expert Advisor works. The entry conditions may have changed, which affected the final result.
We don't understand each other ............ PARAMETERS are the same!!! the DEPOSIT is the same!!! the lot is different! If, when you increase the lot it would drain - I would not say a word . It's clear to a hedgehog here ...But!!! ............... alright tired of the same thing ..........

STARIJ:

A perfectly natural thing to do. When the deposit is low, the EA is hungry and does not work well. If you overfeed it, it will also work badly. We have to optimize the lot size. One more thing. Expert Advisor = owl, nocturnal animal. It may depend on the time of testing. Another variant is possible: in a couple of months, the amount of lots has decreased, and then we need to see whether there will be a growth and an excellent variant in the required number of months.

Starich, I remember you were always telling me different things in the branches. But here........... you got away from the answer ....... DEPO and LOT are two different things... I did not ask the question why it works badly on a small depo. I asked the question: "Why did I lose on a small LOT? "And on a big LOT, why did it go down? It's mathematically impossible with the same deposit.

Zvezdochet:

The question was: "Why at reducing the lot by 10 times ("threefold reduction of risk") the deposit has halved in two months? And at increasing the lot by 10 times the EA has increased the deposit by three and a half times in less than a month! Such a ratio is mathematically impossible ! If the deposit can handle the volume of 0.1 lot, it can handle 0.01 lot !

We do not know by what rules the EA closes positions. But if it waits for example for a profit of $10 to close, then 0.1 lot needs 10 times less distance to pass than 0.01 lot. The probability of taking such a conditional profit is higher before a stop loss occurs. In general, you should know the logic of closing, not guess on your fingers.

On the second run with UNCHANGED parameters and the same lot 0.1 EA for the same period has increased over $ 3,500 pity I can not find a screen .... And when you reduce the lot 0.01 the result on the screen. then plummeting to $ 78 and stopping trading.

Zvezdochet:
I tried again with same parameters and 0.1 lot, but for the same period of time EA raised more than $ 3 500. I can't find a screenshot .... and with 0.01 lot decrease the result is shown on the screenshot.

Repeat the same thing 7 more times.

position closing. But if it waits for example for profit of $10 to close, then 0.1 lot should pass 10 times less distance than 0.01 lot. The probability of taking such conditional profit is higher before a stop loss is triggered. In general, you need to know the logic of closing, not guessing on your fingers.

Vladimir Zubov:

We do not know the rules by which the Expert Advisor closes positions. But if it is waiting, for example, for $10 of profit to close a position, then 0.1 lot needs 10 times less distance to pass than 0.01 lot. The probability of taking such a conditional profit is higher before a stop loss is triggered. In general, you should know the logic of closing, not guess on your fingers.

Again with the twist ..................! ..... What does $10 have to do with it? The Expert Advisor trades in PUNDS, not dollars.