Promo codes for products from the Marketplace - page 3

Renat Fatkhullin:

Unfortunately, promo codes do not solve the theoretically voiced problems, but are a method of circumventing the rules on the part of the sellers in our case. Plus it's a method of triggering a killer "I won't buy anything without a discount" model.

Along with the launch of the referral programme, we will be introducing new pricing settings for sellers where they will be able to specify a discount percentage on repeat purchases. This will be a more fair and controlled sales incentive mechanism.

When will it be ? At least tentatively...

Renat Fatkhullin:

Unfortunately, promo codes do not solve the theoretically voiced problems, but are a method of circumventing the rules on the part of the sellers in our case. Plus it's a method of triggering a killer "I won't buy anything without a discount" model.

Along with the launch of the referral programme, we will be introducing new pricing settings for sellers where they will be able to specify a discount percentage on repeat purchases. This will be a more fair and controlled sales incentive mechanism.

We very much hope that the Affiliate Program and the percentage of discounts for "repeat buyers" will appear soon.

After all, this is now being done artificially, lowering the price for 1 user! and then waiting 24 hours for a price refund, and constant questioning from others. Why did the price drop by 1 day.....

I have a lot of sales (it seems to me) through regular customers. I.e. 1 person bought 1 program, then the second, and so on...... And such a person wants to make a discount! But, alas, have to use a crutch.

Can you give at least an approximate timeline? 2018, 2020?

Vladislav Andruschenko:

We very much hope that an affiliate programme and a percentage of discounts for "regular customers" will appear soon.

Because now it is done artificially, lowering the price for 1 user! and then waiting 24 hours for a price refund, and constant questioning from others. Why did the price drop by 1 day.....

I have a lot of sales (it seems to me) through regular customers. I.e. 1 person bought 1 program, then the second, and so on...... And such a person wants to make a discount! But, alas, have to use a crutch.

Can you give at least an approximate timeline? 2018, 2020?

Not before December

Renat Fatkhullin:
Not until December at the earliest.

Thank you very much. We will wait.

Renat Fatkhullin:

Thank you very much, we look forward to the change.

Renat Fatkhullin:

Unfortunately, promo codes don't solve the theoretically voiced problems, but are a method of circumventing rules on the part of sellers in our case. Plus it's a method of triggering the killer "I won't buy anything without a discount" model.

You're a smart man, Renat. Seriously, I didn't even see this pitfall at first, but after your comment I saw it, so no promo codes...

Along with the launch of the referral program we will be introducing new pricing settings for sellers when they will be able to specify the discount percentage on repeat purchases. This will be a more fair and controlled sales incentive mechanism.

discount percentage...

A couple of suggestions:

1. Cumulative discount.

The buyer accumulates the amount of purchases and gets a personal discount. For example, if a shopper buys $100 worth of goods, he gets a 10% discount; if he buys $500 worth of goods, he gets a 20% discount.

2. a melting discount

For example, for a new product. The seller puts a price and a discount on it, the amount of discounts decreases as he buys (for example, after 5 sales) ... 20%, 15%, 10%, 0%

3. Holiday discount

When a vendor wants to make a discount on their merchandise for a certain holiday.

Vladimir Gribachev:

1. Cumulative discount

The buyer accumulates the amount of purchases and receives a personal discount. For example, a customer who bought $100 worth of goods will get a 10% discount, or a customer who bought $500 worth of goods will get a 20% discount.

And I think it would be correct if this discount will be valid for all products in the Market, not only at the vendor from whom he bought something.

Although I could be wrong.

That's bullshit.

Vladimir Gribachev:

And I think it's right that this discount should apply to all products in the marketplace, not just the vendor from whom he bought something.

Although I could be wrong.

That's bullshit.

:-)

A promotional code is still a good marketing tool. The other thing is that just as you can hammer in a nail with a hammer, you can also chop off your fingers...

The idea is that to keep the sheep alive and the wolves well, the right to issue a piece of promo code (actually a discount, i.e. a paltry but shortfall in profit MQ) should be given for rating growth.
The vendor would have to actively participate in the community to be able to do this. At the same time, it would be clear where to apply the rating figures, except to scratch one's ego :-)

Maxim Kuznetsov:

A promotional code is still a good marketing tool. Another thing is that just like you can hammer in a nail with a hammer, you can also chop your fingers off...

The idea is that in order to keep the sheep safe and the wolves well, the right to issue promo codes (actually a discount, i.e. paltry but unrealized profit MQ) should be given for rating growth.
The vendor would have to actively participate in the community to be able to get the promotion. At the same time, it would be clear where to apply the rating figures, except to scratch one's ego :-)

This is a bad idea, all sellers should be in the same conditions, the rating (the number under the avatar) should not automatically affect this for sure.