One of the reasons why brokers don't like MT5 - page 4

Gennadiy Stanilevych:

I query the monthly bar history since 1995. Only three monthly bars are loaded. Or 12 weeks. That's it!

Ehhh! What opportunities would open algotraders, if they traded on MT5 in exchange markets, for dozens and even hundreds of instruments! This is exactly the trading I dreamed of at my time. We need everything to come to this in the future. MT5 is best suited to implement the idea of stock super robots available to everyone.

Renat Fatkhullin:

You can put a fishing rod in the hands of a sufferer (given), you can lead a horse to a watering hole (led), but you cannot guarantee to overcome (have fought, are fighting and will continue to fight) mass indifference and irrational laziness.

And the funny thing is, for a broker's admin to download the detailed history (for example, from MetaQuotes-Demo, and any other server), it takes a couple of minutes of simple operations. You don't even need to prepare any data.

So, remember "once again, we bought expensive equipment at the factory, and left it half-unpacked in the workshop, where the workers began to use the machines as coasters". When you hear the answer "the machine doesn't work", that's exactly what it's about.

So prescribe a forced upload on the broker side of the whole story.

Реter Konow:
Ahh! What opportunities would become available to algotraders, if they trade on MT5 in exchange markets, for tens and even hundreds of instruments! This is exactly the trading I dreamed of at my time. We need everything to come to this in the future. MT5 is best suited to implement the idea of stock super robots available to everyone.

You are right. With my tool I can analyse large amounts of information in seconds to find the right trading signals on the desired timeframes. Select the best ones out of the found ones. The bigger the list of trading tools is, the better for me and my users. MQL, please upload the quotes history in the brokerage part of the program!

transcendreamer:

Since MQ representatives are in this thread, I will ask here:

Is there any news regarding synthetic instruments in MT5?

(so that spread/portfolio building functionality is in-house and not self-written)

I don't get it, is this true or are you joking about something of your own?

What kind of synthetics did you mean and what are they for?

Renat Akhtyamov:

I don't get it, is that true or are you joking about something of yours?

What kind of synthetics did you mean and what are they for?

It's a hell of a thing, by the way.

Better than all the TS's and indicators.

Реter Konow:
By recklessly and proudly breaking away from MT4 technologically, MT5 threw away the main virtue of its predecessor, carelessly not giving it importance - the ease and simplicity that provide space for free creativity of users. But there are those who have intuitively found and picked up this idea from the dump and are now carefully carrying it into the new platform. Therefore, I think MT5 will still be ahead of the curve.

That was a bit harsh. Too strong wording. I would rather say that MQL5 hasn't inherited the simplicity and lightness typical of its predecessor MQL4 for some reason.

Perhaps, this was caused by the increased demand for technical characteristics of the new platform. For example, why have the usual timeseries in MQL5 been removed? Obviously, they slowed down the terminal (chart, stream of events, etc...). Surely there must be other convenient things that have been "sacrificed" to increase the speed and efficiency. It turned out that some advantages "ate" others (important for users). The "golden" proportion existing in MT4 has been broken. There, the user's efforts invested in the learning of the language and writing programs "paid off" by getting rich opportunities to realize his or her creative ideas. That is, the received possibilities compensated the user's efforts. In the new platform, the complexity of the language increased dramatically. At the same time, the number of features grew slower and did not provide the required return to the user. In addition, MT4 was around all the time and displaced MT5. Obviously, this was the main reason for the slow growth of the new platform's popularity.

Nominally, to calculate the popularity we can take the coefficient of "output" of each platform, - opportunities of the language and platform / work of the user to obtain these opportunities and use them to our benefit .

The higher the payoff ratio, the higher the popularity. After all, we like to receive more than we like to give. MT4 has always had a higher coefficient, although technically it is long and hopelessly behind MT5.

With time, this ratio will surely change and MT5 will overtake MT4 in popularity among the masses. MT5 is the future.

Реter Konow:

That was a bit harsh. Too strong of a phrasing. It would be more accurate to say....

And Ostap got carried away... :(.

Nikolai Semko:
And Ostap gets carried away ... :(.

Nikolai, do you disagree with this point of view?

Speak your mind.

Реter Konow:

Over time, this ratio is bound to change and MT5 will overtake MT4 in popularity among the masses. MT5 is the future.

Where else is there to go?

It's already a new world.

Synthetics, custom charts, multi-currency tester, etc...

Renat Akhtyamov:

There's no way around it.

So it's already heaven and earth.

Synthetics, custom graphics, etc...

I'm talking about popularity, reach of the masses. Usability.

Technical specifications have been higher for a long time and the range of possibilities is greater.