Help me find a laptop - page 10

Sergey Dzyublik:

Besides ssd there is a new technology - Intel Optane (special cache memory - not ssd drive).
It is used to speed up HDDs under Windows 10 for Intel processors of 7th generation and above.

In brief:
- costs $100 - very cheap compared to ssd
- results in faster HDD boot speed even faster than ssd (but speed is not given immediately, but after the 2nd and subsequent start of the process)
- 5 years warranty
- frequently loaded data is completely transferred to Intel Optane and removing the device incorrectly can cause a non-functional PC
- stringent requirements on PCs and motherboard manufacturers to support this new technology (originally the marketing was for PCs but progress is being made on laptops too, particularly Lenovo and Asus, unfortunately Dell is herding the back).

Thanks, I will read it.

khorosh:
I remembered a funny story. In '71, after serving 3 years as the head of the radio engineering service at the floating missile base, I came to live in Bishkek. I worked at the newly built computer factory there. The plant was on the outskirts of Bishkek and the village of Lebedinovka was nearby, so I rented a private house with my family there. There were problems with electricity, it was often switched off. One day the voltage dropped so low that the bulbs were barely moving. I was into photography, and I had a light bulb. So I plugged one into a floor lamp. On normal voltage, they can last no more than a few minutes, but on low voltage they last a long time and shine like a normal bulb. Because of the lack of normal electricity, the villagers poured out into the street, there was nothing to do at home. They see that everybody else has no light, but I do. I hear people talking about how I must have turned on some jerk and caused a power outage. They were raging under the windows for a long time, then I could not stand it any longer and came out and explained what was going on; they calmed down).
Imho. I should have made a big deal about the goat. That you are allowed to do everything you are elected and put all the especially interfering "cocksuckers" about it!!! A lost profit and the card remained unplayed in terms of moral satisfaction above all.

Roman Shiredchenko:
Imho. You should have swung the theme for the goat. That you are allowed to be all that you are elected and to put all those who are especially interceding "with cancer" on the occasion!!! A lost profit and the card was left unplayed in terms of moral satisfaction above all.

Why offend rural people, people are simple and sometimes naive as children. I treated them like Miklukho-Maclay treated the aborigines).

By the way, there was a story on TV. The grandson of Miklukho-Maklai visited those places where his grandfather was famous. The natives still keep the memory of him and erect a monument to him.

khorosh:

Why offend rural people, people are simple and sometimes naive as children. I treated them like Miklukho-Maclay treated the aborigines).

By the way, there was a story on TV. The grandson of Miklukho-Maklai visited those places where his grandfather was famous. The natives still keep his memory and have erected a monument to him.

Well, it all makes sense then. :-) yes. Watched the footage... interesting... respect and all...

Which option is better (all other things being equal)? Better in terms of speed.

1. 16384 RAM, no SSD.

2. 8192 RAM, 128GB SSD.

khorosh:

Which option is better (all other things being equal)? Better in terms of speed.

1. 16384 RAM, no SSD.

2. 8192 RAM, 128G SSD.

Option 2. But you can always get an SSD separately. But if the memory is split into 4 gigabytes for your notebook, it is not so good.
I would have to see what kind of memory you have. So that you don't have to sell the memory and buy a new one.

Vladislav Andruschenko:
Option 2. But you can always get a csd separately. But 4 gigabytes of memory is not good for your laptop.
You have to look at which boards. So you don't have to sell the memory and buy a new one.
What's the downside of splitting it up 4gb ? Is the SSD connected to the laptop via an external connector or inside the case?

khorosh:

1. 16384 RAM, no SSD.

2. 8192 RAM, 128gb SSD.

The second variant will be faster, also for trading. RAM 4 is enough for MT4 - more (and actually it will be many times less, just look how much RAM you have) is physically impossible to be supported by the terminal. But the terminal doesn't need an SSD disk, while for other applications the effect will be great (especially if you like antiviruses and other background stuff). But SSD has a smaller capacity - usually it is used as a system disk, also because of the shorter life cycle.

khorosh:
What's the disadvantage of splitting it into 4GB slots ? Is the SSD connected to the laptop via an external connector or inside the case?

A laptop usually has two memory slots - if two are occupied, you'll have to put one or two aside and replace them with another to upgrade. But 16 gigs is a lot for a laptop.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

... But SSDs have a smaller capacity - usually used as a system drive, also because of its shorter lifespan.

In both variants under consideration, a 1000GB hard disk is available.