A suggestion for the ease of use of the MetaEditor - page 5

Artyom Trishkin:
The right thing to do is to put an end to such useless arguments.

That's exactly why it's not useless. I am very much in favour of bringing the code directly into ME in a way that is convenient to me and not MQ. Because it is again for me to read and not for MQ.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! I'm under the table!!!!!!!!!

Right? ))

This is replictoid code.

I was talking about the spaces after the comma separating the parameters and characters.

That reads better

void OnDeinit(const int reason)
 { 
  LastDeinitReason = reason;
  if(SentOrdersFile > 0)
   {
    FileClose(SentOrdersFile);
    SentOrdersFile = -1;
   }
 }

than this.

void OnDeinit(const int reason)
 { 
  LastDeinitReason=reason;
  if(SentOrdersFile>0)
   {
    FileClose(SentOrdersFile);
    SentOrdersFile=-1;
   }
 }

Комбинатор:

I use Olman's style.

or K&R at the very least.

These two styles take the lead over the others by a huge margin. Both have clearly readable code nesting. You can see where the block belongs, no formatting problem.

Your style is under-GNU, the disadvantages I've voiced above. GNU at least has the same indentation from the curly and to the curly.

It's the same style - the only difference is which end to break the egg from where to put the opening bracket. That's it - nothing else.

And all the anger has to do with bracket indentation only. You're just used to it. And I'm not "sick" of your code because I'm not a "programming guru".

While we're at it, another inconvenient thing about ME is the case insensitive autocomplete.

In all normal editors it's case insensitive, which makes life a lot easier.

Rashid Umarov:

That's it - nothing more.

Yeah, except that this little thing reduces the readability of the code many times over. For me, at least. And a lot of people besides me. And I didn't call myself a programming guru anywhere.

Комбинатор:
And I haven't called myself a programming guru anywhere.

You, on the other hand, allow yourself to 'throw up'.

Rashid Umarov:

You, on the other hand, allow yourself to "throw up".

I expressed my opinion, within the rules, and I justified it.

Let me insult you for equating me with Belinsky. Well, that's ridiculous.

Комбинатор:

Colleagues will say open JSLint and see how braces are formatted there.

But ajax with a few parameters and a callback function, which is defined there, is not going to be aesthetically beautiful:) After JS, when writing in MQL, I just enjoy the beauty of the language:).

Комбинатор:

Let me insult you for equating me with Belinsky.

It's Belinsky who should be offended

Rashid Umarov:

It's Belinsky who should be offended

)) Well, I understand that you can be rude, but I have not seen a reason for your point of view or refutation of mine.