A suggestion for the ease of use of the MetaEditor - page 2

Vitaly Muzichenko:

The difference is not significant, but MQ's formatting style is undeniably better, and more correct.

Huh. Here we go. The difference is substantial. There's a lot of problems there. The MQ style is unreadable, no one has used it for a long time. Look at the statistics of modern styles - there are 2 main C++ and Java - both substantially better than the MQ style being imposed.

In principle, MQ as a firm that uses Microsoft products and source code in its work could logically use the Microsoft style, but for some reason it doesn't.

Stanislav Korotky:

Huh. Here we go. The difference is substantial. There's a lot of problems there. MQ style is unreadable, no one has used it for a long time. Look at the statistics of modern styles - there are 2 main C++ and Java - both significantly better than the imposed MQ style.

In fact, if you use the standard MQ style for a while, you find that it is logical and teaches proper algorithm formation.

But all people for the most part do not want to change their habits - what they have been used to for years - and reject what they are not used to.They are always willing to call it ugly or inconvenient, simply because it is unaccustomed to them.

Try writing programs in Python and tell us your impressions )

Rashid Umarov:

Try writing programs in Python and tell us your impressions )

Everything is fine with python.

And the MQ-style arrangement of braces causes a vomiting reflex, because it's illogical and impairs readability, immediately and many times over.

Комбинатор:

The MQ-style arrangement of braces, on the other hand, elicits a vomit reflex because it's illogical and impairs readability, immediately and many times over.

Deleted. I don't like that kind of blatant rudeness.

Комбинатор:

Everything is fine with python.

But the MQ-style arrangement of braces causes a vomiting reflex, because it is illogical and degrades readability, immediately and many times over.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

The styling is one codestyle, a la K&R, that most programmers are steadily sick of. I have FormatMQL project in VS, I'm linking to the sources I'm going to use tightly and reformatting them to human MS Style.

Gourmands...fuck. Spoiled their stomachs with delicatessen, so it's time to go on MQL diet).

My comment is not a boorish one, but a quite objective opinion of your style, and not just mine.

There are two generally accepted ways of putting curly braces, they are both logical and quite convenient.

But MQ had to show off and create his own style, and then zealously defend it for a long time and say that it is logical and convenient.

But I somehow have never seen a single argument why it is more logical or convenient than the conventional ones.

But the disadvantages are immediately apparent

-- Visually, there are twice as many blocks, half of which are artificial and useless.

-- The main reason for this is inconvenient formatting because of alignment mismatch.

Arguing about tastes is a strange debate. The reflexes some people evoke can also be kept to themselves, as others may well have the opposite 'reflexes'.

But here's the best way to put an end to the perennial debate about tastes - make it possible to customise the style you want. Not one, not two or three, but simply customise or download.

Комбинатор:

My comment is not a boorish one, but a quite objective opinion of your style, and not just mine.

There are two generally accepted ways of putting curly braces, they are both logical and quite handy.

But MQ had to show off and create his own style, and then zealously defend it for a long time and say that it is logical and convenient.

But I somehow have never seen a single argument why it is more logical or convenient than the conventional ones.

But the disadvantages are immediately apparent

-- The number of blocks is visually two times larger, half of which are artificial and inappropriate.

-- because of this uncomfortable formatting due to mismatched alignments.

In fact, the MQL style allows us to avoid very simple but annoying misunderstandings, when putting curly brackets - in the MQL style the whole structure is clearly visible, which immediately helps to correctly put conditions if ... else and the like.

Artyom Trishkin:

Arguing about tastes is a strange debate. Some people's reflexes can be left to themselves, as others may well have the opposite "reflexes".

But here's the best way to stop the age-old arguments about tastes -- make it possible to customize the style you want. Not one, not two or three, but simply customize or load.

Absolutely no way to do it: forum, kodobase should be filled with code in a single design. It's strange to hear that you can customize the style in MetaTrader editor from a man who has been writing for many years and hasn't got into the MQL spirit yet.

Vladimir Karputov:

It is the MQL style that avoids very simple but unfortunate misunderstandings about the placement of curly brackets

Here is an example. With standard style, MQ style and clear demonstration of situations when standard style can not avoid the problem and MQ style can.

Vladimir Karputov:

It is the MQL style that allows avoiding very simple but annoying misunderstandings with curly braces - with MQL style the whole structure is clearly visible, which immediately helps to correctly put conditions if ... else and the like.

It absolutely must not be done that way: forum, kodobase must be filled with code in the same design. It's strange to hear that the style can be adjusted in the MetaTrader editor from a man who has been writing for many years, and who still hasn't got into the spirit of MQL.
I totally agree.