Date encryption - page 3

in short - we need to add redundant information

Vladimir Pastushak:

The question is as follows :

There is a date 2017.09.01 00:00

Need to encrypt it.

Add date hash with salt to file besides date. When reading, check hash, if they don't match, it means we think we tried to break it.

It is true there is one but. Any additional protection will work on the assumption that the code cannot be decompiled.

Andrey Kisselyov:

The most rational thing is if you are renting EAs. I used a global variable of the terminal, so if it is time to check, the EA goes to the website, rewrites the time and the rest of the charts take the time.

Regards.

I used a global variable of the terminal so that if it is time to check, the EA goes to the website and rewrites the time, EAs from other charts take the time from the global variable and do not go to the website, thus limiting the frequency of access to the website.

I store time in 5 digits in different variables and then add / subtract them (the algorithm is not disclosed). The Expert Advisor does not check the key on every tick; it is checked once every 1-2 hours. If the time is changed, the Expert Advisor will see that and if it is less than the current 4*3, it will stop working; if it is more than the current plus 4 hours, it will also stop working. As a simple protection, it is quite normal and reliable, when restarting the terminal, or change of timeframe, it deletes the old global variable and goes to the site. If you want to bypass protection, it is very difficult, unless you send a request to another server and take data from it, but this requires a key, I think this option is out of question.

An English sawmill was bought for a collective farm in Tula.
The men decided to try it out
They threw in a birch log
- "Bzhik" - the English sawmill said and gave out a stack of straight birch planks
- No way! The men from Tula were amazed!
They threw an oak one with knots
- Vzhiiik! said the English sawmill and handed out a stack of straight oak planks
- No way! The Tula muzhiks were even more amazed!
Threw a crowbar in there...
- No way! - said the English sawmill and shut down
- So that's a bang for your buck! - said the men of Tula!

You, dear citizens, can come up with any defence scheme you like. But everything complicated breaks in the easiest way. And the problem is not that the "client" may be unscrupulous ... but in the "manoeuvres" of a "respectable" broker.
Everything breaks, all systems and algorithms, from the simple to the super complex. And usually in the most unsightly ways. For example, connection breakdowns, requotes, re-connect to another server, etc.

Andrey Alekseev:

You, Dear Citizens, can come up with any defence scheme you like. But everything complicated is broken in the simplest way. And the problem is not that the "client" may be unscrupulous ... but in the "manoeuvres" of the "respectable" broker.
Everything breaks, all systems and algorithms, from the simple to the super complex. And usually in the most unsightly ways. For example, connection breakdowns, requotes, re-connect to another server, etc.

Breaking (destroying) and hacking (opening, getting inside without damaging the contents) are different things

Vitaly Muzichenko:

I used a global variable of the terminal so that if it is time to check, the EA goes to the site and rewrites the time, EAs from other charts take the time from the global variable and do not go to the site, so I limited the frequency of access to the site.

I store time in 5 digits in different variables and then add / subtract them (the algorithm is not disclosed). The Expert Advisor does not check the key on every tick; it is checked once every 1-2 hours. If the time is changed, the Expert Advisor will see that and if it is less than the current 4*3, it will stop working, if it is more than the current plus 4 hours, it will also stop working. As a simple protection, it is quite normal and reliable, when restarting the terminal, or change of timeframe, it deletes the old global variable and goes to the site. Bypassing protection is very difficult, unless you send a request to another server and take data from there, but this requires a key, I think this option is excluded.

The only way to bypass it is to send a request to another server and retrieve data from there, but this requires a key, sort of this option is ruled out.

Regards.

STARIJ:

Breaking (destroying) and breaking (breaking in, getting in without damaging the contents) are different things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsSn7ih2ln0

Andrey Kisselyov:

You should have written it to disk and not necessarily to the terminal folder. It would be more reliable in my opinion.

Sincerely.

You speak the truth... Those who understand will always support the idea.

Andrey Kisselyov:
if a thief knows his neighbour has a camera and it's pointed at his door would he go through the door? i don't think so, same with encryption, you know how it's encrypted you're halfway there.
that's life, you have to know these things.

i leave it to everyone to decide whether the encryption is rational or not. any protection can be broken, even super-advanced, it is a matter of CPU time. is it worth putting protection on an EA? the answer is no, a good EA should make money in the market for its owner, and not bring profit in the form of a license for a month or year.

As for the open source encryption algorithms, I don't think that someone will post the codes of algorithms of ministry of defence or other agencies that encrypt their data.

best regards

it's a bummer.... read something about asymmetric encryption please

i know this is a layman's forum, but not to this extent.

the encryption algorithms are posted in the public domain so that there are as many people as possible willing to hack them, they even pay big bonuses for finding vulnerabilities

the GSM was cracked precisely because the protocol was closed and not widely tested by hackers

By the way, Amazon pays good money to find holes in their payment system.

Andrey Kisselyov:

You should have written it to disk and not necessarily to the terminal folder.

Regards.

The products are not suitable for such super-duper protection, simple protection from grannies is enough.