Collaborative project development in MQL5 - our future? - page 9

Alexandr Andreev:

When a house is built - especially if it is a large house - a design is essential (especially if we are going to have a division of labour). An architectural design is needed to make the work more or less coherent. The project usually takes 5-10% of the construction of the house including work and materials, so it also performs not one person but many (sections of the HVAC and so on). And it does not matter if we are building a high-rise or just a huge mansion.

In programming, too, there is a kind of architectural project, only called in another way, ToR. And without it something big simply can not be done (except for the constant rewrites). Conclusion that when you conceive a complex program - it will be difficult even to draw up TOR, and if you miss TK, you get what will be an incredible lot of rework.

Construction of a house begins with the exterior - here the architect comes to us and starts to make sketches of what we would like. I.e. in order to draw up TOR for a big project, we should first draw up TOR on which we will draw up TK for a big project. And here the TOR for the TK is still possible to write one person. Unless, of course, we are talking about large projects. Well, first we need an idea... Although one idea alone will not get you far...

And how can all this be on a voluntary basis?

So there is only one way - when the project will be rewritten many times from scratch.... Even so, everyone will be swaying in their own direction and there will be huge misunderstandings.

The TOR is the very beginning and may not exist at all. For example, in the last project I managed on a job there were no TOR because the idea was mine, I briefly described the project, the British approved it and it took me 2 weeks to draw up a work plan. In general, there is a position in software companies - project architect. As a rule, the architect doesn't do much programming himself, he designs the class system, interrelationships, etc. He or she may prepare class blanks. Our firm was small, we had about 50 people, so we had to combine everything. Writing documentation was an especially tiresome task )).

Usually such positions are filled by people with great experience in programming and project management.

I don't think there are any such people here.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

For 300,000 RR/month you wouldn't go either? ))

No, I don't see you there either.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

They won't, everyone thinks of themselves first and doesn't trust others. If you need to save development time, it's easier to split the task into classes and freelance them.

How many people read the forum threads? - I think a couple of hundred people. And how many people use MT around the world? I think a couple of million. There are undoubtedly professionals and executives among such a large number of people. Will they take advantage of the opportunity of collaborative development? - Why not? ))

Alexandr Andreev:

When a house is built - especially if it is a large house - a design is essential (especially if we are going to have a division of labour). An architectural design is needed to make the work more or less coherent. The project usually takes 5-10% of the construction of the house including work and materials, so it also performs not one person but many (sections of the HVAC and so on). And it does not matter if we are building a high-rise or just a huge mansion.

In programming, too, there is a kind of architectural project, only called in another way, ToR. And without it something big simply can not be done (except for the constant rewrites). Conclusion that when you conceive a complex program - it will be difficult even to draw up TOR, and if you miss TK, you get what will be an incredible lot of rework.

Construction of a house begins with the exterior - here the architect comes to us and starts to make sketches of what we would like. I.e. in order to draw up TOR for a big project, we should first draw up TOR on which we will draw up TK for a big project. And here the TOR for the TK is still possible to write one person. Unless, of course, we are talking about large projects. Well, first we need an idea... Although one idea alone will not get you far...

And how can all this be on a voluntary basis?

So there is only one way - when the project will be rewritten many times from scratch.... Even so, everyone will be swaying in their own direction and there will be huge misunderstandings.

I have repeatedly expressed my opinion that on a voluntary basis the technology of collaborative development at MQL will fail. No one needs it. The specifics of this domain are different. If the possibility of closed development for groups of programmers will be developed, with the solution of the problem of financial distribution between the participants, our "GitHub" can survive and grow. This is my opinion.

Реter Konow:

How many people read the forum threads? - I think a couple of hundred people. And how many people use MT around the world? I think a couple of million. There are undoubtedly professionals and executives among such a large number of people. Will they take advantage of the opportunity of collaborative development? - Why not? ))

If it's a firm writing in MQL, which I know, they already use repositories a la Github, Bitbusket or system on their server. We started about forum people.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

If it's a firm writing in MQL, which I know of, they've been using repositories a la Github, Bitbusket or a system on their server for a long time already. We started about forum people.

Forum people? There are very few of them... Plus they're all skeptics and antagonists of innovation and development. ))) They're afraid of new things.))

Реter Konow:
Forum people? There are very few of them... Besides, they're all sceptics and opponents of innovation and development. ))) They're afraid of everything new.))

Are we discussing then? Are we just chatting?

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Are we discussing then? Are we just chatting?

We are not just talking. We are discussing the possibility of success of the MQ project, to create an analogue of GitHub for development in MQL5. It's a special platform in the native MT environment for groups of programmers to work together on a common TOR.

However, I implied a global scale all along this dialogue. I thought that you also...

I'm afraid to imagine an MQL project that would require several programmers. Unless it's some kind of sophisticated neural network.

Look at freelancing. If it's not counting wagons, it's a grid, if it's not a grid, add timed trading.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Are we discussing then? Are we just talking?

Still, thinking on a global scale, is there any chance of success for such a project in your opinion? After all, if there are companies where programmers are already jointly developing in MQL on other platforms, wouldn't it be easier and more convenient to work in the native environment? What if it would be a big step forward for the company?