Collaborative project development in MQL5 - our future? - page 4

Реter Konow:
Of course, they would write it in C++, like they write robots for TWS now. There are several other languages in the API. How can we compete with such monsters? It is possible to compete because there is no community there. Only professional programmers write robots for TWS, and ordinary coders have no access to algotrading on such platforms. A simplification was needed, and MQ provided it, conquering a large contingent of "grail seekers". That is why I think they did the right thing.

If mql, as you say, is such a simple language, then why is there a "Freelance" section, why can't a housewife write a program herself?

Probably because it is as complicated as any other language. It's simple for those who write in it.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Discussing the skin of an unkilled bear )) Perhaps they will make a collective product sale in the marketplace with profit sharing. For example, I come up with something, I need helpers.

Initially, I own 100% of future profits from sales. Let's think of this as analogous to a stock in an IPO.

I invite experienced developers to join, at the rate of n% each of the s% stake I am willing to sell in exchange for participation. We meet once a month the company shareholders, if some developer-shareholder doesn't work, we exclude him from shareholders. And then feet in the bucket of concrete, you know the rest ))

Honestly, I thought I was the only one who knew so little about this MQ project and therefore decided to talk to people on the forum. But apparently everyone knows about the same. Still, it's an interesting topic).

Here, is there an option, to solve the problem of distribution of funds among the project participants themselves, or without MQ this issue is not resolved?

How feasible is your solution in reality? If seriously?

Vitaly Muzichenko:

If mql, as you say, is such a simple language, then why is there a "Freelance" section, why can't a housewife write a program herself?

Probably because it is as complicated as any other language. It is simple for those who write in it.

That's not exactly true. I don't know if you have experience of writing programs in C++, but the two languages are not comparable in complexity. Writing an EA in C++ is many times harder. Ask Alexey. He probably knows better than I do.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

MQ has a clear commitment to community development and this move will contribute to that development. And we don't know what will be implemented and how. For now, we can only look at the development of the github and guess.

No matter how it is implemented, and the entire group of participants will have the source code. All 5 people will put it for sale through the site, and one will hide it and put through other services, well, that's the best case, and the worst - will be put in the public domain at any forum, and that's the end of all development.

Correctly noted, this is not the place where there is the mass, everything here is for the money.

Реter Konow:
Not exactly. I don't know if you have experience in writing programs in C++, but these two languages are not comparable in complexity. Writing an EA in C++ is many times more labor-intensive. Ask Alexey. He probably knows better than I do.

You write the necessary functions once, and use the constructor to build any Expert Advisor, even in Basic.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

You write the necessary functions once, and use the constructor to build any Expert Advisor, even in Basic.

Imagine that you have been given the task of building a house in a forest that has been hit by a cyclone. Everywhere there are broken tree trunks and twisted roots. It's chaos. There's plenty of wood, but the conditions for building are, to put it mildly, unfavourable. The first thing you begin to do is to look for an open space not clogged with tree trunks. A lawn. That's where you're going to build your house.

And MQL is such a lawn. That's why it's mostly used for writing EAs, not C++.

Как самому создать советника или индикатор - Алгоритмический трейдинг, торговые роботы - Справка по MetaTrader 5
Как самому создать советника или индикатор - Алгоритмический трейдинг, торговые роботы - Справка по MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
Для разработки торговых систем в платформу встроен собственный язык программирования MetaQuotes Language 5 ( MQL5 ), среда разработки MetaEditor и...

Реter Konow:

I don't know, I think very differently.

Imagine how much popularity the platform had if the robots were written in C++? There's such a "forest and swamp" that people in the community would be "one, two and counting".)

In my opinion, they did everything right. They developed their own language, social network, and marketplace. They made them separate and the platform closed to connectivity. For some reason, it seems to me that this is how they survived and rose to the current level amongst their competitors.

It's about the rationality of the way things are done. For example, no one prevented MQL from taking a ready and debugged source code of some open source C++ compiler, adapt it to their needs and get a fully working and functional product within several months. Rather than wasting years and enormous resources on copying it and ruining users' nerves with constant bugs. It is the same here too. Why re-invent the wheel, if you can adapt a ready-made solution. Especially now it seems there are no difficulties with collaborative development in MQL, there is a cloud storage. What else there is to invent?

In general, 99% of programmers in MQL are amateurs and dilettantes. They should learn to code on their own, what about team development?

Реter Konow:
Of course, they would write it in C++, like they write robots for TWS now. There are several other languages in the API. How can we compete with such monsters? It is possible to compete because there is no community there. Only professional programmers write robots for TWS, and ordinary coders have no access to algotrading on such platforms. Needed a simplification, and MQ provided it, conquering a large contingent of "grail seekers". That is why I think they did the right thing.

There are plenty of open terminals and APIs in C++, C#, even something in Python. It's just that MQ has excellent marketing and the initial expectation of an extremely low entry level for the trader.

I remember about 3-4 years ago a company came to the Russian-speaking market with very tasty conditions on spreads and execution time. But they came with their western standards, the minimum deposit was from $10000.

I corresponded with the management right away and said no one knows you here, you will go bankrupt with such entry thresholds. I have been afloat for a year, now the domain is being sold.

A MQ originally focused on the fact that the bulk of the will be poor, so it was able to gain a critical mass of popularity, and there's like a snowman, the more you roll the snowball, the bigger it becomes.

Реter Konow:
Not really. I don't know if you have any experience in writing C++ programs, but the two languages are not comparable in complexity. Writing an Expert Advisor in C++ will be many times more labor-intensive. Ask Alexey. He probably knows better than I do.

If you mean me, I won't say that development is exactly times more. Another thing, there would be many times more errors because of real pointers. I remember, at the beginning of my programming studies, in Turbo Pascal at the time, I couldn't understand why they were needed at all and how to use them. And the complexities of C++ can be used without them. I remember being asked tricky questions about C++ at some job interview. I answered that I don't use it and nobody uses these gimmicks. What Straustrup made up in his nightmares is not necessary in real life.

And they agreed with me ))

Alexey Volchanskiy:

There are plenty of open terminals and APIs in C++, C#, even something in Python. It's just that MQ has excellent marketing and the initial expectation of an extremely low entry level for the trader.

I remember about 3-4 years ago a company came to the Russian-speaking market with very tasty conditions on spreads and execution time. But they came with their western standards, the minimum deposit was from $10000.

I corresponded with the management right away and said no one knows you here, you will go bankrupt with such entry thresholds. I have been afloat for a year, now the domain is being sold.

MQ has initially focused on the fact that the majority will be poor people, so it was able to gain a critical mass of popularity, and there as with the snowman, the more you roll the snowball, the bigger it becomes.

That is the first criterion for platform's popularity, and there is also the language of entry into trading with one quid. If the entrance to the trade with one quid, but to write in Assembler, no one would even notice the difference, either the one you have to learn from scratch, or which one you have to learn - it doesn't matter.