The ticking history of the glass. - page 17

Ilya Baranov:

Everything happens. Here's a snapshot from the actual venues.

Here's the MICEX:

5/1 these are bids and sellers/buyers. The price is the same 107.6100

And here is Globex:

Also simultaneous seller's and buyer's bids at 1.18260

These are not glitches or photoshop. It does happen under certain conditions.

Thank you for the information. Perhaps Ask can be lower than Bid under certain conditions? That is, sellers offer to buy cheaper than the buyers want.

Реter Konow:
You seem to know the subject very well, so I won't argue. Yes, in a liquid market the spread cannot be 0. And it is unlikely in an illiquid market. Simply because that is the nature of trading. Everyone is looking for the best price for themselves, both the seller and the buyer. Therefore, their price bids are different. As long as there are at least two counterparties, the bid and offer price will be different. And if there is only one counterparty in the market, the spread will be 0. But, on modern platforms, this cannot happen in principle, because markets are market makers, and they can act as counterparties with respect to themselves. Unlike other traders, it makes practical sense for them...

I had a colleague at work who used the phrase"it can't be" a lot, and when he was told that the world was very diverse he didn't accept it. But three times I managed to put him down with realities and he never argued again. Peter, the forex market including spreads - Dealing, i.e. firms "horns and hoofs" of Ostapov Bender "honestly" take money out of citizens' pockets, besides there is no liquid market in "horns and hoofs", that is in dealing offices as there is no market or "marketplace".

Реter Konow:
Thanks for the information. Is it possible that Ask can be lower than Bid under certain conditions? That is, sellers offer to buy cheaper than buyers want.

It happens.

Both screens show periods when bids can be placed but they do not add up.

The first screenshot is during the closing auction on the MICEX. The second is during the crunch on Globex. There is nothing to prohibit making less bids at such times and ask.

Ilya Baranov:

It happens.

Both screens show periods when bids can be placed but they do not add up.

The first screenshot is during the closing auction on the MICEX. The second is during the crunch on Globex. Nothing forbids to make a smaller bid at such moments and ask.

Thank you, I will be aware of that.