Why does Metaquotes push MT5 instead of MT4?

Before - just went to the metaquotes website and downloaded the MT4 terminal.

Trying to do it again. See a screenshot of the site:

link to MT4\

Downloading file - mt4setup.exe. Great!

I am installing program from the file.

Okay, something is wrong. Ta-da! MT5 is installed!

Question 1: How do I download MetaTrader4? Answer: There is only one way out. Register on the website "aUnasAfricanForex". Get a phone call from the monkey sellers. Get the coveted link to MT4 with whitelabel.

Question 2: how come the link to MT4, from the mt4setup file I install ... MT5?

Assumption 2.1: metaquotes IT people mixed up something and posted a wrong link to the distribution (doubtful).

Assumption 2.2: metaquotes "unobtrusively" encourages me, a regular trader, to open at a broker offering MT5. To switch to MT5 in my trading, my robots. Fraudulently feeding me a "lefty" link.

Assumption 2.2 seems true to me. I can see why Metaquotes is promoting MT5 so assiduously. If only because MT5 costs broker more money due to complex tariffication schemes (number of traders, plugins connected).

Do I need the MT5? What kind of profit will I get? What will I do with a bunch of MQL4 robots? What am I going to do with this new language? My guess is that all more or less serious trading strategies are implemented in third-party languages, and the MQL code just executes trading signals. As in my case.

Metaquotes, explain to me, with the above in mind: is it nice to slip a link to MT5 instead of MT4, guided by more MT5 code?

Невозможно скачать MT4
Невозможно скачать MT4
  • www.mql5.com
Восстановил ноутбук теперь восстанавливаю софт. Столкнулся с проблемой: Невозможно скачать MT4 с сайта http://www.metatrader4...

need for textbooks ....

Enjoyed Renate's quote:

// If the masses don't think about the future, there will always be those who do and create it. //

Slipping a fake link is out of concern for the future.

And then I had an epiphany. Hail Metaquotes!

MoonDrifter:

Enjoyed Renate's quote:

// If the masses don't think about the future, there will always be those who do and create it. //

Slipping a fake link is out of concern for the future.

And then I had an epiphany. Hail Metaquotes!

Download the installer wherever you plan to trade, the choice is yours

MoonDrifter:

The file being downloaded is mt4setup.exe. Great!

Installing program from file...

OK, something's wrong. Ta-da! MT5 is installed!

Deliberately cheating the user.

Ay yay yay metaquotes. Is it okay to cheat people?
Didn't your mother teach you when you were a child that it was wrong to do so?

MoonDrifter:

The file being downloaded is mt4setup.exe. Great!

Installing the software from the file...

OK, something's wrong. Ta-da! MT5 is installed!

You might have gotten a virus called mt4setup.exe!

I like MT4 better than MT5 too. Although it's not politically correct to say so in this forum.

Victor Ziborov:

I like MT4 better than MT5 too. Although it's not politically correct to say that on this forum.

The only big flaw with MT4

I've been using it for a while now and I've lost money, I've been using it for a while now.

I have never been used to buy an FTP server on my own, I've never had an FTP server on my own before.

For now I am working on two platforms, but I will switch to Five full time, I think the tester will become usable in normal way by that time.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

The only big bug in MT4

While closed, turned out to be in the negative, in the five worked the same - amazing.

The tester in MT4 is a song, it supports work with graphics, goes smoothly, quickly and without cramps.

I am still working on two platforms, but I will switch to Five step by step, I think the tester will become more usable by that time.

Why did you close mt4 in such a way?

igrok333:

and why did mt4 close like this?

Because it has an execution queue, so to speak, one thread, or half of it)