Where to start? - page 8

Andrey:
I do not think the hedgehog would understand, the conclusion that this is a grail is made even without a brief description of the principle of operation, so it can be called anything, the essence of the name will not change, because in any finished product should be some inherent strategy, and what is a name without a description, nothing, dust ...

You have been given a grail, and you do not even see the source

Galina Bobro:

You've been given a grail here, and you can't even see the source code

I can't figure out how to view this code. It saysAccordingly, a user must have a valid account atMQL5.community andMQL5 Storage connected.MQL5.community- does it mean registration at the site or something else? Where is thisMQL5.community?

I've found MetaEditor with some problems, while the description of how to launch the editor is rather clumsy. I don't know how to start it, but I've never understood it.

Подключение хранилища - MQL5 Storage - Справка по MetaEditor
Подключение хранилища - MQL5 Storage - Справка по MetaEditor
  • www.metatrader5.com
Для того чтобы использовать хранилище MQL5 Storage, необходимо иметь действующий аккаунт на сайте MQL5.community. Чтобы начать использовать...

Andrey:
Where can I start writing code in C# or C++ in Visual Studio 2015 to analyze trading? For example, how do I start to read the EUR/Dollar exchange rate history for some period of time to understand how the code is set up (under the Windows), for any parameters Ask, Buy, it does not matter, I do not know the terminology very well yet. Or, for example, to read current values of the same pair at Moscow Exchange in the real-time mode.

I understand you want to get into retail forex trading. It's a business and you should have an idea of what's involved. Here http://www.ampfutures.com/platforms/ lists over 60 different platforms for "forex trading". In quotes, because nowhere is trading where the buyer has to sell as well. This is bookmaking. The Russian Metaquotes Software Corp. managed to take the first place in this list of world leaders by prevalence, applicability. There are about a thousand forex companies in the world now, and I estimate that there are at least 700 of them offering Metaquotes, MT4 and MT5 platforms.

The MT4 and MT5 platforms do not allow (unlike MT3) the client to communicate directly with the server, only through the trading terminals. So you can write in languages other than MQL4 and MQL5, but you cannot send a "buy" request. You can work through the well-known protocol FIX and write in other languages, but the number of companies, where you will be able to trade, will decrease dozens of times. And they (companies) have a tendency to go out of business sometimes (more than 50 disappeared in a year after the franc jump in January 2015), and often without giving back the funds belonging to their clients. Legislatively your funds are practically not protected in any way, no one wants to file civil lawsuits in the banana islands courts where most forex companies are registered. And if you read their client agreements for the first time, your ears will curl. Cancellation of trades already made, etc. So it's better to be able to trade with more than one and switch them around. That is, to work in the most common platform.

The speed of trading on this forex is determined by the company, not the ping to the terminal or VPS, or the speed of analysis. On real accounts it's very different from demo accounts, it's hundreds of ms, no less. You will send your orders in 30 ms, and their execution will take 1-2 seconds. And this is in the most common case where the client himself successfully loses. If, God forbid, you start to trade profitably and try to withdraw this profit, a lot of mechanisms will be activated for counteracting your profitable trading. Execution time will easily become 5 seconds or more. You will hardly need to chase the speed.

For the usual trader's purposes MQL4 and MQL5 are very suitable, especially the simple MQL4. They are C-like, by the way.

Yes, it is very expensive to read the current values directly on the Moscow Exchange, everyone takes them through an intermediary - a broker.

Andrey:

And for there to be a strategy, you have to trade with your hands for six months, right?

Right. At least on the demo.

First, watch a video on the basics of forex (there is a course from forexclub).
Then get to know the mt4 terminal - go into it and press all the buttons.
Then study mql4https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjJgtRXWvmg&list=PL9LT0hlr0Is1CFiMbDas9an0-1o8VOE2g - 1 month.
then start looking for a trading strategy - 5 years:)
If you do - good, if not - you will leave forex with regrets about five wasted years of your life)

Andrey:

The MetaEditor is hard to find, but the description of how to run the editor is very clumsy. It's strange that everyone is happy with such a description, although for Martians it's probably all clear anyway.

Tell me, old chap Andrey, in what C#, C++, php and mysql projects did you participate? To prove my words: "Well, I have good experience on c#, C++, labview, php and mysql"?

The farther I read, the more I suspect that you are pulling the wool over the ears of participants.

Because, a person, who at least wrote something in C#, or, worse, in C++, will get a clue about the platform and MQL. And you write"I don't understand what I can use from my experience". It would be interesting to know what kind of experience we are talking about.

I'm beginning to lean towards the fact that Alexey is right, and your main experience istrolling and blathering.

George Merts:

And tell me, my friend Andrey, in which C#, C++, php and mysql projects did you take part? In order to prove your words"Well, actually I have good experience in C#, C++, labview, php and mysql"?

The more I read, the more I suspect that you are pulling the wool over the ears of participants.

Because I believe that a developer, who at least knows something about C# or C++, knows the platform and MQL. And you are writing"I don't understand what I can use from my experience". It would be interesting to know what kind of experience we're talking about.

I'm beginning to lean towards the fact that Alexey is right, and your main experience is introlling and jabbering.

Why are you so attached to my experience, you can't spread it on bread or make soup out of it, but I'll meet you halfway, after all, this is your forum and it's my first time here. QML is visually very similar to c#, and probably on c++ too, to understand it I would not have had problems, I'm sure about that, but for one thing, I do not have time and opportunity, I will not explain why, you just turn around, I have the time and ability to write code on c# andI have time to write code in C++, but I haven't found the information how to do it yet. The second thing, most voices in the thread have expressed the opinion that the theory of analysis and trading practice are needed first, so I'll do fundamental and technical analysis in parallel, plus I'll read documentation on QML, so these are my plans, ask me what else you don't understand, I'll try to explain the Martians what is where and why.
And I'm not going to prove anything to you, what for?

igrok333:

First, watch a video on the basics of forex (there is a course from forexclub).
Then get to know the mt4 terminal - go into it and press all the buttons.
Then study mql4https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjJgtRXWvmg&list=PL9LT0hlr0Is1CFiMbDas9an0-1o8VOE2g - 1 month.
then start looking for a trading strategy - 5 years:)
If you do - good, if not - you will leave forex with regrets about five wasted years of your life)

Thank you, I will check it out. I have already looked through the videos and analyzed formulas of Expert Advisors, so far everything looks primitive, the averaged curve is built on several previous trade periods, it delays the current trade price of course. It gives not much, in the real terminal and without any adviser it is visible when trading is going up and when it is going down. The problem with the terminal is that you can trade on one timeframe, but to analyze the historical data of another one, so it seems that several charts with different timeframes should be opened on one monitor, and then you'll see where the price is moving at the moment without any advisors. If you trade not visually but with stops, you should probably put more into the deposit, which is problematic at the first stage, and you have to be careful with the leverage, because if you don't put everything in the pipe. I do not know how to start playing, I do not want to play blind, it does not make much sense. As for the programs, found that the platform Ninja Terminal 7 and 8 runs on C-sharp, so it will have to look at this direction. I understand that I talk like a beginner, but I think I'm not the only one who started this forum, and many others, so I'm writing what I can understand at my level. I have one more question. Can I see the volumes that come in to trade, not just as a broken chart or shading, but the real total data, maybe I can determine the quantities for lots, both for ascending and descending order, I think this information is more valuable in trading than the historical data on price movements for a particular symbol, so far all I've managed to understand.

Andrey:
Что вы привязались к моему опыту, вам его на хлеб не намазать и суп из него не сварить, но я пойду вам на встречу, все же это ваш форум, и я тут первый раз. QML очень похож визуально на c#, ну и наверно на с++ тоже, разобраться с ним у меня не было бы проблем,

I see. Alas, Alexei is right.

Andrey:

Also, I'm not going to prove anything to you, what's that for?

I needed it to understand on what level one should conduct a conversation. No one likes to be taken for a fool, neither me, nor any other forum member.

George Merts:

I see. Alas, Alexei is right.

I needed this to get a sense of the level at which the conversation should be conducted.

You see yourself the conversation cannot and should not work out yet, as the bracket assumes a dialogue, and a dialogue in this case can be if the level of knowledge and experience is approximately the same. In this case, you can acknowledge me at any point as the very same. As a matter of fact, I'm not an expert, but fortunately there are people on the forum who remember how they started and when they were confused and they give good advice that helps orientate in the trading information.