What is a trend? - page 22

Mihail Marchukajtes:

And your questions about the beginning and end of a trend is, if you'll excuse me, a market-wide issue. All market participants think ONLY about that, how to determine the reversal......

not everyone

at least i don't believe in the trend

trader781:

not all

At least I don't believe in the trend.

What do you believe in? Let me pry into.......

Mihail Marchukajtes:

And in what??? Let me pry into.......

That the price always goes back to past levels.

trader781:

not all

At least I don't believe in the trend.

It's for you, and for those who catch the pullbacks.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

It's for you, and for those who catch pullbacks

OK, I'm shorting the Eurodollar and we'll see how it closes

trader781:

OK, I'm in shorts on the Eurodollar, let's see how it closes.

How about this?

Mihail Marchukajtes:

You're getting a bit forgetful, GOSPELS!!!! You're getting confused... mash-ups and so on. I didn't think I would say this, but Yusuf has a point. There is a qualitative definition of a trend and there is a quantitative one, i.e. direction (quality) and deviation from the horizontal line relatively to X (quantitative), and the way you measure it in points or percentages or angles, is not important. The graph is simple!!!! If the line to X (time) does not change either up or down, we can say that we are not in a trend. But here's the thing, we are talking about a trend in the market, and it is much more interesting, or rather more difficult to define......

Simply, a trend is a value (if we want to define it) which must be considered in a PRECISIONAL CORDINATES SYSTEM!!!! Any change in the trend measurement system, will already speak of a different trend, in no way related to the first value. Let me give you an example:

We decided to identify the trend areas on the history, for this purpose we chose a certain TF, a certain level of averaging or zigzag tops. Any change of these parameters may change the picture diametrically.

On М15 there is a trend on H1, but not on Н1. At wave 5 there is a trend, at 15 there is no trend. Zigzag window 5 has trend, window 20, no trend. As an example..... Hence the conclusion that the concept of trend can be considered in the specific special case of the coordinate system..... IMHO

what you have a scale is an interval for mathematicians. Here is a simple example. Measure the temperature outside. A second time after 24 hours. The difference of 3 degrees extrapolated: 90 degrees a month, 1095 degrees a year. If we take the second measurement exactly one year later and get 3 degrees difference, we get 3/12 = 0.25 degrees per month and 3/365 = 0.008 degrees per day

Ivan Butko:

Fine!

Brevity is the sister of talent.

But, unfortunately, there is a logical error: it follows from this definition that any crossover is already a trend, because there is some space (non-crossover) between the strokes. And when the waves often cross back and forth on a horizontal market (obvious to the eye flat), we get "noisy", but constant trends. On the one hand this is true - the crossover is a consequence of a directional movement, and any directional movement is a trend of some level (size). On the other hand, in relation to the TF on which this crossing will look like horizontal noise, this definition will contradict.

Therefore, this variant is incomplete for formalisation, although for perception and understanding it is almost perfect.

If you go on like this. you will get bogged down in all these meaningless words and you may waste years of your life on bullshit. don't make trouble for yourself.

If they crossed, it's a

1. consolidation before trend continuation
  2. consolidation into the next consolidation, then it's a flat
  3. price reversal

If you do not use stops, you can easily bypass them (as on the picture)

This question was originally posed incorrectly. The question is not what is a trend/flat, but when a trend changes into a flat and vice versa.

STARIJ:
What you have is a scale - mathematicians have an interval. Here's a simple example. Measured the temperature outside. A second time after 24 hours. The difference of 3 degrees extrapolated: 90 degrees a month, 1095 degrees a year. If we take the second measurement exactly one year later and get 3 degrees difference, we get 3/12 = 0.25 degrees per month and 3/365 = 0.008 degrees per day

I'm really sorry, but could you please send me the indicator you were talking about? Or give me a link, if you don't mind. I wrote to you in person, maybe you didn't notice.

Sergey Lazarenko:

That's all he has in his picture... You ask him how he identifies the parameters for his miracle indicator... After you hear it, I suggest you start crossing your eyes and spitting over your left shoulder... Oh, and while you're at it, ask him to take a look at the Account Monitor... The main thing is to have a clear view on the market and use the Market ... If you do not already have a clear view on the Market, do not try to put some strange ideas in your head ... If you do not know what the market is about, you may be right.

Sergiy, thanks for the warning. I will take a closer look.