What is a trend? - page 24

Ibragim Dzhanaev:?
You give him your adviser, he gives you an indicator. That's the way it's supposed to be.

Ivan Butko:

We already considered this question at the beginning of the thread)

Crossing of the waves, as in the TS Pathfinder - as one of the ways to determine the consolidation. Two consecutive crossovers without opening (immediately) - registration (fixation) of a flat. The next phase is waiting for the exit from the flat. The point of end of a flat - opening of a wave (non-crossing, when the wave curls up, approaches another wave, but it "lacks the strength" to cross it and, like a pulled branch - shoots out, forming a trend) + breaking of a local top (defined as a max point formed right after the start of consolidation).

I'm familiar with this method, and I've even described it more formally. But, I'm interested in people's opinions on other methods, but so that they can also be formally described.

I gave Mashki as an unfortunate example (in case you didn't understand).

Ibragim Dzhanaev:
Mashki is an unfortunate example (in case you didn't understand).

Give me a good example! D)))

And, preferably, that after opening the chart you can immediately start the analysis.) So that it is clear and there are no misunderstandings

Serqey Nikitin:

Yes, about the picture: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/214374/page17#comment_5664189

I don't doubt that all this analysis works...

But for myself, I decided to design a system that would meet the parameters:

1. Easy to understand.

2. At any point in time there should be SIGNIFICANT clarity about the current situation on the market.

3. and, of course, profitable.

The analysis of the same pair:

The current state of the market - the trend is up.

Prospect - continuation of the upward trend.

Trade orders:

Opening - both indicators are in the same direction, but only after the end of the pullback.

Closing - a signal for reversal of the fastest indicator.

P.S. The Zig-Zag is only for setting the other trend indicators (not involved in the strategy).

In my opinion, the trend detection by trend indicators gives a simple and clear picture of the market.

Is it a free system? Can you share it? About the "outlook", how is it defined

Ivan Butko:

Give me a good example! D)))

And, preferably, that after opening the chart, you can immediately start the analysis)))) So that it is clear and there are no misunderstandings

In the screenshot, the EA is trading both trend and flat at the same time. I see ))) ?

Ibragim Dzhanaev:

In the screenshot, the EA is trading both trend and flat at the same time. I see ))) ?

Beautiful chart indeed. No ailments ala cardiograms, saws, pokers, 20/80, cuts and bumps. So chaotic, reflective of the market. Not bad!

But, my point was that someone's trading results do not really answer the sub-question, but rather confirm that one can get such results if one defines a trend and a flat (which we are ranting about here), since both are traded.

Ivan Butko:

Beautiful chart indeed. No ale diseases ala cardiogram, saws, pokers, 20/80, cuts and bumps. So chaotic, reflective of the market. Not bad!

But, my point was that someone's trading results do not really answer the sub-question, but rather confirm that one can get such results if one defines a trend and a flat (which is what we are ranting about here), since both are traded.

You didn't phrase the question correctly and now you want the right answer. Trading trades is not a problem, neither is trading a flat. The question is how to understand their change. Often. it is very difficult (for a person, not a program), sometimes impossible, sometimes it is even impossible to understand the state of the market, hence the conclusion - to trade both trend and flat at the same time.

If you want to ask how to do it ? I could say that I know how to do it, but I have to build a bot and then it would be clear whether I'm right or not. I think I am, I have not made it by hand )).

Ivan Butko:

It's a beautiful graph really. No ailments ala cardiograms, saws, pokers, 20/80, cuts and bumps. So chaotic, reflective of the market. Not bad!

But, my point was that someone's trading results do not really answer the sub-question, but rather confirm that one can get such results if one defines a trend and a flat (which is what we are ranting about here), since both are traded.

As you can see, the indicator is not the main thing here.

Just in case there are any doubts.

Ibragim Dzhanaev:

Just in case there are any doubts.

The spread must be at least twice as big as the real one, in order to see a picture closer to the real trade from the tester.

If you do not mind, please use new values and show me. In order to compare.