What is a trend? - page 19

Yuriy Asaulenko:

By the way, on topic. The trend is a regression line and is defined only and exclusively statistically (on history).

Hence it automatically follows that deviations from the regression line are noise.

Hence, also: MAs are no substitute for regression.

How did you arrive at this? I mean the regression line, why choose it? It is sort of subjectively drawn (point selection).

About the deviation also somehow spontaneously, plus the undisclosed concept of "noise". In the context of bare technique (ratio of up and down movements without an admixture of the foundation) it is not quite clear.

Ivan Butko:

How did you come to this? I mean the regression line, why did you choose it? It's kind of subjective (point selection), isn't it?

About the deviation also somehow spontaneously, plus the undisclosed concept of "noise". In the context of bare technique (ratio of up and down motions without foundation admixture) it's not quite clear.

Generally speaking, in mathematics (statistics) the regression line determines the trend (basic direction, trend) and deviations from it are noise. So there's no need to come to anything). Everything is stolen defined before us). Everything can be read in any textbook reference book.

Answering the topic question. What is a TREND. A TREND is a direction of change. In other words, a vector of non-zero length with a slope other than zero.

As with the example of TREND in fashion. The direction of change of clothes, a new sweatshirt of trouser etc. different from the previous model.... Something like this :-)

Andrew Petras:

And the other part is that it's self-regulating.

Self-regulation goes on until the adjuster comes).

Yesterday, for example, I adjusted it. Maybe nobody noticed. Whatever.

Mihail Marchukajtes:

Answering the topic question. What is a TREND. A TREND is a direction of change. In other words, a vector of non-zero length with a slope other than zero.

As with the example of TREND in fashion. The direction of change of clothes, a new sweatshirt of trouser etc. different from the previous model.... Something like this :-)

Not bad. But there may be a slope in the side trend. How shall we put up with it.

Uladzimir Izerski:

Self-regulation goes on until the adjuster comes).

Yesterday, for example, I adjusted it. Maybe nobody noticed. Whatever.

The adjuster is part of the system. He is not a "black swan".

Andrew Petras:

The regulator is part of the system. He is never a 'black swan'.

You have to be friends with the adjusters. They are a trader's best friend.

Uladzimir Izerski:

Thanks for the screenshot, I'd forgotten about it.

trader781:
Thanks for the screenshot, I'd forgotten about it.

At least I have some use for it too))

Uladzimir Izerski:

At least I have some use for it too))

Yes, about the picture: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/214374/page17#comment_5664189

I don't doubt that all this analysis works...

But for myself, I decided to design a system that would meet the parameters:

1. Easy to understand.

2. At any point in time there should be SIGNIFICANT clarity about the current situation in the market.

3. and, of course, profitable.

The analysis of the same pair:

The current state of the market - the trend is up.

Prospect - continuation of the upward trend.

Trade orders:

Opening - both indicators are in the same direction, but only after the end of the pullback.

Closing - a signal for reversal of the fastest indicator.

P.S. The Zig-Zag is only for setting the other trend indicators (not involved in the strategy).

In my opinion, determining the trend with trend indicators gives a simple and clear picture of the market.