What is a tester's Grail? - page 14

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I wonder with what frequency the various cholivars and cholivars with zero output arise?

I mean locks in this case )))) You can study psychology on this forum ))

No, Alexey, locking is really helpful in manual trading. Lock - always on the chart, you see it. If you close a deal - you usually get too lazy to check it and forget about it.

For the Expert Advisor, there is no difference, any TS with locks can be re-built into the same one without a lock, with reopening. And if our position remains overnight, in case of negative swap it is more reasonable to use a TS with reopening, in case of positive swap it is more reasonable to use Traps.

George Merts:

Why? Not unreasonable. I've said many times before - if the current Equity is 1200 - that means you can pay up to 12 per month for a signal.

If we are talking about evaluating trades over time - again, we should only look at the Equity - what was it yesterday, the day before yesterday, a week ago, a month ago.

It does not matter what balance is there. The Balance can be absolutely anything.

what does "12 a month" have to do with it... -- your fx idea wasn't even implied in the question you asked, but you stuck it in there too.

Virtualisation without borders. But a baseline is necessary in this case as well. And it will be not the current Balance, but the previous Equity, i.e. a floating unfixed value. In general, a complete break from reality.

George Merts:

No, Alexey, locking is really useful in manual trading. Lock is always on the chart, you see it. If you close a trade, you are usually too lazy to mark it and you forget about it.

For the Expert Advisor there is no difference, any TS with lots may be rebuilt into one without losing lots, with reopening. And if we have an overnight position - then with a negative swap it makes more sense to switch to tactics with reopening, with a positive swap it makes more sense to work with lots.

I don't need convincing, I'm scalping with lots.

I have two products for free

Lockdown protection

Doesn't always work

STARIJ:
Gotta move faster.

Yeah It's the fish ...ъъъъъ... in the pocket.

Stefan Stoyanov:

Yeah It's the fish ...ъъъъъ... in my pocket.

♪ the fish in my pocket ate the money ♪

Yep! Sometimes we're all bare water, fish in our pockets and mud on our heads

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I don't need convincing, I'm scalping with loks.

О ! At least tell me the difference between lock and reopen.

If there are no swaps, and the Expert Advisor is trading - I think there is no difference between locking and reopening.

Олег avtomat:

But in this case, too, a reference point is necessary. And that would not be the current Balance, but the previous Equity, i.e. a floating, non-fixed value. In general, a complete break from reality.

That is correct.

If you need a reference point, it is Equity in the previous step. A floating non-fixed value indeed. I don't see any "break from reality", on the contrary, those who think that balance means something are breaking away from reality. If our Equity is 1000, it makes no difference whether our balance is now 100 or 10K - what matters is Equity in the previous step, whether it was 900 or 1100.

And about virtualisation everywhere and everywhere...

Yes, I think this is very much the right thing to do.

We have fxsaber - the master of defin. I'm really psyched, when I'm understanding his defines, although his ideas are very interesting and correct, and I really respect his code.

So, I'll be the lord of virtual interfaces... Like "nothing real - everything is virtual", by requesting a specific thing you'll get something that describes this thing or works with it, but where this thing is, what kind of thing it is, it's not clear. Moreover, you don't even know whether this thing actually exists. Or all of your actions with the received "thing" - control a completely different entity. I think that's cool.