OOP vs procedural programming - page 16

You'd better spend a month or two studying OOP rather than throwing tantrums with your stupidity.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

What's the point? Don't understand OOP and swear by it?

The point is that OOP creates wrappers, objects, structures, classes, the necessity of whose existence in the program is not proven either in terms of efficiency or convenience. On this basis, the developer has the right to question the necessity of their existence and even fit them into the superfluous entities cut off by Ockham's razor.

But this can only be done by a real developer - ruthless and merciless to everything that reduces the effectiveness of his solutions and impedes the development of his ideas.

The point is this alone.

Реter Konow:
San Sanych understands the essence of programming and development very well. That is the main thing.

He doesn't get it at all. His experience compared to modern development is like poking around in a sandbox compared to a construction firm.

Any promising technology is now fantastically fast in terms of frameworks and libraries, without any ESPD.

The speed of development over the past 20 years has probably increased by orders of magnitude, not several times over.

Реter Konow:

The point is that in OOP, wrappers, objects, structures, classes are created, the necessity of whose existence in the program is not proven either from the point of view of efficiency or from the point of view of convenience. On this basis, the developer has the right to question the necessity of their existence and even fit them into the superfluous entities cut off by Ockham's razor.

But this can only be done by a real developer - ruthless and merciless to everything that reduces the effectiveness of his solutions and impedes the development of his ideas.

The point is only this.

It's been proven for a long time, only it doesn't get to some people.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Georges, you sometimes write such a clinic about women, but kudos )))

Georges, I went for a little walk with a girl today, we chatted and talked a bit about shy men. Honestly, I don't poke fun, everyone has different personalities and upbringing.

I still consider the man from Laos my teacher, he really taught me a lot about life. And of course the fact that I grew up in an area where there is still a strict regime around, also gave a lot. At least to keep my mouth shut.

Maybe under different circumstances I would have grown up to be a shy boy. But at the age of 6 I said to my mum - Mum, I understand how hard it is for you to drag me to kindergarten in the morning and pick me up after work. And I still love my mum very much, well, an old woman with her eternal repetition of stories, well, the hell with them )))) The main thing that is healthy and cheerful, now lives in the village until autumn.

Guys who are younger, do not listen to any old timers who lived and ate in the special units. The life of an ordinary engineer, as exemplified by my mother, went like this.

Morning. My mother drags me sleepy by the hand to a kindergarten on Rubinshteina Street (the centre of St. Petersburg), for some reason at that time she could only get to that place, which was an hour and a half drive from Kupchino, where we lived.

Then she would go to work, running to the shops during the lunch break in the hope of getting something to eat, because there was just hunger in the USSR.

I remember we used to send our relatives in Chita simple pasta! They had no food at all.

So I don't need the USSR to go to hell.

I've been doing some rework recently... If it wasn't for the OOP, I would have had to do three days - to tinker with everything from start to finish, with the OOP I did it in an hour.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

...And of course the fact that I grew up in an area where there is still a "strohach" zone nearby has also done a lot....

Are there any zones in St. Petersburg?

Реter Konow:
You know, I can see a person who knows and understands his business immediately. A few phrases are enough and it is clear that the person knows what he is talking about. San Sanych understands the essence of programming and development very well. That is the main thing.

Where are the codes? )))))))))))))))

Yours and CC's.

It's all just rotten talk.

Nikolay Ivanov:

yes they are usually described, that's not the point...

Another example... a class is like a library with books, and a copy is a trolley... On a trolley you can put books of your choice from the library... For example, in optimizer, you can set a complicated task to automatically select a number of trolleys and each set of books in it... and look what's more profitable ) A library and 1 trolley can be done without OOP, and when we are talking about a large number of trolleys, it's better to do it with OOP...

We won't come to a common denominator without solving a particular problem. That's why I asked about how the templates are described. I also need other details of the problem to solve it my way. If my way turns out to be ineffective and yours using OOP on the contrary, then I admit that some tasks require OOP and it is necessary.

I suggest we move on to specific tasks, otherwise this hullabaloo will never end.

Реter Konow:

Without solving a specific problem, we won't reach a common denominator. That's why I asked about how the patterns are described. I also need other details of the problem to solve it in my own way. If my way turns out to be ineffective and yours using OOP is the opposite, then I admit that some tasks require OOP and it is necessary.

I suggest we move on to specific tasks, otherwise this hullabaloo will never end.

Look, you already failed to solve my problem yesterday.