Just a statistic - page 3

I looked at the status of the championships

40-50% of participants have lost more than half of their deposit in 3 months (12-13 weeks).

Isn't that what the championships are supposed to show (to potential brokers)? )

Alexandr Bryzgalov:

Isn't that what the Championships were supposed to show (to potential brokers)? )

Come on, Sanek, there's no need to go overboard. It is clear that in the long run the percentage of those who earn on the most effective market in the most ineffective places will be miserable.

Some large brokers have public statistics (more optimistic than yours), the Championships were of course for a different purpose.

Комбинатор:

Some big brokers have public statistics on trading results (more optimistic than yours), the champs were of course for a different purpose.

I'm just trolling)

of course their stats will be more optimistic )

"Don't be too hard on the elephant, you won't sell it". (с)

Vitaly Muzichenko:

The statistics are skewed, as the previous speaker Maxim has already said. I had a signal here a year ago and it worked quite successfully, but it was deactivated due to the large number of trades, although it still works in my account to this day. If you don't take such signals into account they are quite a few and can greatly improve the statistics.

How many trades is it? I just have almost 8k for half a year, waiting for the ban?

I agree with the starter. My stats of course are not that much, but they are from several services and I select signals more carefully (ranking leaders usually are not so nice).

And by the way, you can live with it if you keep to a strict MM, for example, balance MM signals at 5% of the maximum historical drawdown, turn them off at a drawdown of 10%. If anyone is interested, there are positive statistics of this approach :)

Aleksei Radchenko:

How many trades does it mean? I have almost 8k trades in half a year, how long before I get banned?

I agree with the topic starter. Of course my stats are not that extensive, but they are from several services and I select signals more carefully (ranking leaders are usually very bad).

And by the way it is possible to live with it, if you keep to a strict MM, for example, balance MM signals at 5% of the maximum historical drawdown, turn them off at a drawdown of 10%. If you are interested, there are positive statistics on this approach :)

How do you calculate the size of the signal/ramp that should be closed soon or are you just playing the lottery?

I have a good feeling that you are dealing with foreign exchange and you are trying to keep it up.

Alexandr Bryzgalov:

Do you somehow calculate a signal that is about to fail, or are you just playing the lottery?

The trading you've just described is the same as the usual currency trading: buy while it's rising.

Very simple, I turn it off if the drawdown reaches 10% - I just take a loss :) It's a stoploss for the whole signal, but as there are about 20 of them in the account, it's sometimes not even visible.

The main thing is that the stop should be behind the highs, just like in normal trading. And yes, as in normal trading, sometimes stops are broken :) There's nothing without it. But on the whole we see a steady growth.

Aleksei Radchenko:

Very simple, I turn it off if the drawdown reaches 10% - I just take a loss :) It's a stoploss for the whole signal, but as there are about 20 of them in the account, it's sometimes not even visible.

The main thing is that the stop should be behind the highs, just like in normal trading. And yes, as in normal trading, sometimes stops are hit :) there is no way around it. But on the whole there is a steady growth.

Interesting approach

Vadim Baklanov:
It would be possible if there were signals, but they are simply not on the service. There are no non-draining, worthy to subscribe 20 signals trading with different approach. In fact you most likely subscribe to the same martingale and counter-trend averaging and your winnings are most likely just random, although long-lasting.

And I didn't say I take signals from MQL :). I don't have a single martin in my portfolio! There is one soft setter with a constant lot, but it's off by default in the build and I don't recommend turning it on. Martin is very easy to see by the history of trades, usually it's closing a bunch at the same time, although there are more complicated cross closes, but the verdict is one - do not use!

And I mostly take these kinds of fellows:

And I use Strategy Quant Analiser to calculate the correlation. I don't take ones with correlation more than +0.5, or I halve their weight.

The problem is in the rating, good ones are on the back burner for some reason...

Aleksei Radchenko:

I saw that from several services a little later. But I see exactly the same situation in other services, a lack of real signals.

Correlation of what? Orders? Well, that does not help either, different entries into positions do not necessarily mean different strategies. Right now we have signals that are not correlated by orders in the same deep drawdown.

And I don't get it, do you pool bought signals and sell them as your own? And obviously aware that this is considered theft.

Vadim Baklanov:

I saw that from several services a little later. But I see exactly the same situation in other services, a lack of real signals.

Correlation of what? Orders? Well, that does not help either, different entries into positions do not necessarily mean different strategies. Right now signals that are not correlated by orders are in the same deep drawdown.

I don't understand, you pool the signals you buy and sell them as your own? And obviously aware that this is considered theft.

Correlation of strategies.

I am putting together a pool of strategies. If possible, I negotiate with the author and sometimes buy a robot with a signal from it. I try not to breach the offers. This is a violation in MQL, that is why there are no translations from here. I bought the above signal for $10k and I am not the only subscriber to it :) So I`m in control of the legal side and I`d ask you not to make such remarks without having studied the Vendor`s Offer Agreement :)