VPS from MetaQuotes - page 9

Дима Джумок pending orders. I do not like it very much. I cannot imagine how it is possible to trade without turning off or on some particular pairs. The market is constantly changing, news are coming out, and before the important news releases, you cannot switch on a pause, you cannot resume the work of the Expert Advisor after a pause. Because all positions are closed automatically.

Therefore, you should think about it a hundred times before activating work on the built-in VPS. Please note that you will not get your money back to see if you like it or not, you will have to pay for a month of testing. Based on that, I find a simple third party VPS much more useful, where you can set up a standard terminal and not one, with any number of accounts and switch between them, and work the way you used to work on your home computer without paying anything else. Realize that when you buy VPS from MT5, you are paying for the hassle of only one account. If you want to connect a second account, be kind enough to pay for a second VPS. And remember, any change in the number of working pairs in the account, and the number of working Expert Advisors will automatically close all market positions.

And that always hurts a lot. Of course, I may assume that my mental capacity is limited and I simply could not understand the rules of the embedded VPS, but it is very strange offering a service that you have to understand on your own. They offer videos that show how easy it is to drop money to pay for embedded VPS, how easy it is to migrate working installations. That's where the explanation ends. Even the discussion about using this embedded service is only here. I couldn't figure out why? Either I belong to that limited number of people who decided to use this service, or it's a complete bummer not worth using.

And I don't get it. If I am wrong in my reasoning and my sad experience from my limited mental capacity, then give me a link where you can read about possibilities of normal use of the embedded service, if such a description exists. If there is no such description, then I hope this post will help newbies not to waste their already limited life savings. You can be convinced of my words in 24 hours provided for free. I, in my stupidity, failed to do so, so I warn others.

I apologise for the incorrect information. It was the Expert Advisor written for me that did not work correctly. When I changed the parameters it removed all orders and opened new ones. The only downside is the cost and not the usual look. For one account it is $15 a month. Simple VPS has a number of complexities in the initial setup, but you can place any number of terminals, working with different accounts at the same time and have a standard look, where everything is familiar located, can be placed charts, etc. Well this is just my opinion as a non-professional. Everyone chooses for himself.

Can you tell me if the data files are banned on the VPS? which are written as tester_file to migrate the glob variables ?

It worked before, since some point (what worked before is not working now ..... )

Still running tests, but has anything changed?

I get an error when opening a file:

ERR_CANNOT_OPEN_FILE

File open error

What could go wrong?

Everything was working before...

I attach a file to my EA:

#property tester_file

When migrating to a VPS, the Expert Advisor writes that the file

2022.02.07 16:20:10.278 Exp - mt5 20220207 (GBPUSD,M30) Читаем из файла глобальные переменные и записываем их
2022.02.07 16:20:10.278 Exp - mt5 20220207 (GBPUSD,M30) ALL_GLOBAL.csv FileIsExist=false
2022.02.07 16:20:10.278 Exp - mt5 20220207 (GBPUSD,M30) ALL_GLOBAL.csv FileSize=0

not found.

Hmm. A year ago it definitely worked.

Dear @MetaQuotes administration.

Found out that the file is sent in ZIP extension?

2022.02.07 16:40:31.836 Exp -  mt5 20220207 (GBPUSD,M5) 1: File name = ALL_GLOBAL.csv.zip, PK   

I.e. is it being sent archived?

I think this is a mistake.

There was a VPS upgrade and something was done wrong.

The data files are sent in archives. But they are not unzipped after migration.

Please update the version of MetaTrader 5 terminals on VPS to the latest build, so that the data files will unpack after migration. Thank you.