Damned Martin - page 23

Alexey Viktorov:
You've been trading forex for more than a year, you probably know that the market is constantly changing and periodically it is very noticeable. So, while you are testing in the tester, then the market will change on the demo and exactly at the moment when you put it on the real one, it will start to lose at the speed of thought. IMHO.
I don't use the demo at all. I start testing in the tester after optimization for areas outside the optimization period. If it is OK, I immediately place it for testing in a real cent account. The market is clearly changing. I never hope that a newly developed Expert Advisor will work in profit forever. If drawdowns larger than the maximum drawdown that was at testing appear, I remove the Expert Advisor immediately and either optimize it or correct it based on the market situation that has caused a larger drawdown. The less often such a correction is needed, the better an Expert Advisor is originally designed.

Alexey Viktorov:
And for whom? Are you insinuating that I'm doing ****?
I'm not insinuating, I'm telling you straight out. If a person knows how to make robots, if the strategy is profitable and if a profit-oriented bot written using that strategy is losing, then it's a bad job.

added the choice of lot calculation is set by the DynamicLot parameter
Files:

trader781:
I'm not hinting, I'm telling you straight out. If a person knows how to make robots, if the strategy is profitable and if a profit-oriented bot written using that strategy is losing, then it's a bad job.
obviousness deer )

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
stag obviousness )
Mickey Moose

trader781:
I'm not hinting, I'm telling you straight out. If a person knows how to make robots, if the strategy is profitable and if a profit-targeting bot written using that strategy is losing, then it's a bad job.
Or a bad strategy.

after optimising since 2000, this is the result for USDCHF H1

Files:
USDCHF_H1.set  4 kb

Sergey Gritsay:

after optimising since 2000, this is the result for USDCHF H1

oho

Ivan Butko:
wow
Wow is an interim drawdown of 15 million in depo currency. That's so "wow" it's wow for everyone))

But not every couple of months and not every year. The aim of the project is to stay in the market longer.

I have already explained, safe martin is a grail. I can justify it logically. So, as much as I hate to admit it, it's unlikely we'll create a safe margin, but reducing the risk of getting out of the market immediately after two weeks (as I've been doing for three years, when every time I tried to put a depot on a margin exactly in August), is the main goal.