The philosophy of algotrading - page 5

Don't be offended by algotrading!

Regardless of how one evaluates the motivation for doing it, it is, after all, a research activity. Some people try to make money with it, some spend their leisure time in it, but you cannot say that it is parasitic. Regardless of the fact that initially engaging in trading is dictated by greed and gambling, it is not the worst kind of gambling.

The main thing that algotraders, as well as traders, produce is liquidity, and without it there is no price and no market.

Doing this, people broaden their horizons, upgrade their financial skills, learn how to program, learn new methods and new ideas. Algotrading teaches to formulate, teaches to identify the main factors in the sea of factors or, on the contrary, not to be limited to only one, teaches to focus one's activity on the result, teaches to plan research activity. Algotrading has a lot of features of science and this is what makes it useful.

Реter Konow:

However, are there positives to algotrading or do you think there are none?

The interest in algotrading rests solely on greed. There is nothing wrong with doing science, because it generates interest. But one cannot be interested in trading not for the money.

There is no upside to algotrading.

In South-East Asian countries gambling is treated in a sacred way. For example, if you have won, it means that the spirits of your ancestors support you. There's a lot of religious considerations there. That's why a great number of people living on that territory regularly lose their hard-earned money.

This might seem to be a disadvantage were it not for the explanation of the mechanism by way of example. Factory workers are demanding a pay rise. The boss eventually makes concessions, but hires/creates gambling places where the workers shed as much on average as the wages were raised. And the factory ends up staying afloat as it doesn't lose the money it needs for its development.

Or, for example, solid gambling clubs in those regions can serve as hidden social tax agents. They legally take money from the population through games, which the population is not able to spend rationally, and spend it on public needs: supporting education, building sports facilities, etc.

But even such examples do not concern algotrading in any way.

fxsaber:

The interest in algotrading rests solely on greed...

Not true >> free

Let me ask each of the people here - trading or about to trade in the market (with or without a robot) - do they consider themselves a parasite?

1. If he does, why does he not leave such an inglorious occupation?

2. If he does not consider trading to be a parasite, why not?

Реter Konow:

Let me ask each of the people here who trade or are about to trade in the market, with or without a robot - do they consider themselves a parasite?

1. If he does, why doesn't he give up such an inglorious occupation?

2. If he does not consider trading to be a parasite, why not?

No. I help myself and my relatives and friends to live a decent life, and Jesus will judge where the money comes from, but I do not steal or rob, everyone is equal in Forex.

Vladimir Zubov:
No. I help myself and my relatives and acquaintances to live decently, and Jesus will judge where the money comes from, but I do not steal or rob, in Forex everyone is on an equal footing.
For me it is humanly understandable and acceptable. I do not see anything parasitic about it.

Let us remember the gold rush of the early 20th century. After all, not all gold prospectors risked their lives in pursuit of gold, purely out of inherent greed. Some did not have a choice. Life can be unfair.

Реter Konow:
Let us remember the gold rush of the early 20th century. After all, not all gold prospectors risked their lives in pursuit of gold, purely out of inherent greed. Some did not have a choice. Life is unfair.
Unfortunately, I know the stories only from feature films.

Vadim Konyaev:
Not true >> free

All these products are just advertising for others, paid for, or by their author. Anyone who would want to save money for newbies would do anything to prevent them from continuing to learn about trading.

Just like in perfume shops: a sample is not a free product, its cost is included in the full package, and they don't give it to everyone on the street, but only to customers (real or potential).

It's nice to make excuses like karma, God, fate or some other higher power, but it's hard not to admit that without the financial system as it is, society would be healthier.