Numerical series density - page 23

Maxim Kuznetsov:
now back to the very beginning of the thread again :-)

"what is the density of a point" ?

Don't be so exaggerated :)

I can see that there is a definite solution, but this method emphasised a particular group that may not satisfy the parameters of the number cluster area being sought...

About density - I see two possibilities:

1. (NumberStart of Row-NumberStop of Row)/Number of Numbers.

2. SumTruth/NumberTruth

The first option emphasises auniform distribution, the second option emphasises a relative distribution (let that be the word).

Maxim Kuznetsov:
The task was to find dense clusters of points. To do this we took the density and actually derived it, i.e. we got the derivative. Based on the derivative we can say "here is the maximum", "here is the minimum", the density increases here, and slowly decreases here.

But we cannot compare absolute values - to do so we need to calculate the original function (in this case we simply take and count the number of points in some vicinity of extrema).

Yes, the approach is interesting - thank you.

Perhaps it will also prove to be excellent - but it's a whole story for me to program it all - without testing on large numerical series it's too early to make final conclusions about whether this option suits me or not.

Something else you're discussing.

There are only 2 solutions to finding clusters.

1- Non-centralised clusters, for which there is no specific centre-point. We have already found this.

2 - centralized clusters. Where from only one point there is an overflow of deltas.

How simple it really is.

There are large clusters and there are small ones.

Small clusters can be part of large ones.

There is no third.

Vyacheslav Kornev:
Something else you are discussing.
There are only 2 kinds of solutions for finding clusters.
1- Non-centralised clusters, for which there is no specific centre-point. We have already found this.
2 - centralized clusters. Where from only one point there is an overflow of deltas.
How simple it really is.
There are large clusters and there are small ones.
Small clusters can be part of large ones.
There is no third one.

About 1 - you understand that there can be almost as many different deltas as figures themselves - in this case the solution is not productive, because you cannot know beforehand by what criterion (how many deltas to take) to group the figures. Can't you understand that?

About 2 - yes - such variant of the solution is understandable - as an opinion on the problem.

These clusters will have no relation to the whole number series.

How to find the most significant to the whole row you know.

-Aleks-:

About 1 - you realise that there can be almost as many different deltas as there are numbers - in which case the solution is not productive, because you can't know in advance which criterion (how many deltas to take) to group the numbers by. Can't you understand it?

About 2 - yes - such variant of the solution is understandable - as an opinion on the problem.

The hell with it. We may have at least deltas 1,2,3,4,5,6,7. Accordingly, you will find clusters in order of density.

Vyacheslav Kornev:
What the hell. We may have deltas 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 at least. Accordingly you will find clusters in order of density.

That's what I suggested long ago - find clusters in order of density and find the density of each one separately, then compare them.

But, I saw that as the density grows, left-hand figures start to fall in - which noise up the clouds - so I abandoned this idea.

But, I don't have a tool for conducting a large number of experiments - your method should be programmed to be able to compare - I'm not ready to do that now - I have no experience of working with multidimensional arrays.

These numbers, they're not left-handed. They're small clusters within large clusters

You already have the calculations. You don't have to count all the deltas of one number. Well, put them in ascending order. And calculate only the deltas between the numbers, you don't need more than that.

Since you realised that the bigger the delta the wider the cluster. Why do you say they are left-handed? Inside a large cluster, there are a bunch of smaller ones.

Ah, to which delta do you count,
Well, heh, of all the deltas.
The most common.

And generally by the method of finding the centre of mass. That is, count the deltas among the deltas.)