Problem with EA validation on the Market - page 12

Vitaly Muzichenko:

So no one is forcing her to open with such a lot.

Do a check for the maximum allowable lot, and if a given value is higher than the allowable, the lot will be recalculated to the possible maximum.

The check is there, otherwise there would be an error in the log. By whom and why will it be recalculated, if the parameters require 0.06 (fixed lot)?

Ihor Herasko:

1. Artem, this is a real overkill. The goal is to write a quality product, not to pick on the code. I think you have ever written a program for someone and encountered that the client crashed the program by some unintended actions. In this case one error message is not enough since you have to understand how this result was obtained. And this is exactly the sequence of actions.

2. For instance, it is not enough to specify the error in that service-desk. You have to append the steps that cause the error to be reproduced. Thus, we get an obvious misbalance: when it is a company's product you have to provide information about reproduction, while when it is a Market product you have to think that all the programmers with the prefix SUPER and must guess by themselves what has caused the error.

1. Just study the article and 99% of errors will be avoided. It describes standard requirements to reliable code for Market. So there is nothing to complain about here: if you want to sell in Market, you have to foresee abnormal situations. The moderator is not obliged to advise, you have to go through the checks yourself.

2. That's right - in any complex project, errors are inevitable and not so easy to detect. If you want to help the developer, you can provide all the details to reproduce the error. This will help to quickly find the cause and correct the misbehaviour. We have hundreds of manual and automated tests before each build, but it is impossible to foresee everything.

If we talk about the Market, the seller of the product will also try to fix the bugs found and reported by the customers. And they will ask for details for questioning and studying the errors. But only in the case of Market we do some of the tests for the seller ourselves. In order to catch standard errors and not let a problematic product go on sale.

Ivan Titov:

Peace by Squeak - to the moderator a siren)

Another thing that is not clear is the requirement that the EA must open trades at any symbol and timeframe with arbitrary initial values. For example, how to open a deal on EURUSD with 0.06 lot and initial deposit of $30? It's been a month since I tried to publish the product.

Then it is too early to publish your product. The main idea is to use the trading robot as a support for the Market.

Rashid Umarov:

1. Just study the article and 99% of mistakes can be avoided. It describes the standard requirements for reliable code for Market. So there's nothing to complain about here: you want to sell in Market, you have to foresee abnormal situations. The moderator is not obliged to advise, you have to go through the checks yourself.

2. That's right - in any complex project, errors are inevitable and not so easy to detect. If you want to help the developer, you can provide all the details to reproduce the error. This will help to quickly find the cause and correct the misbehaviour. We have hundreds of manual and automated tests before each build, but it is impossible to foresee everything.

If we are talking about Market - the seller of the product will also try to fix bugs found, which are reported to him by customers. They will ask for details for questioning and analysis of errors. But only in the case of Market, we do some of the tests for the seller ourselves. In order to catch standard errors and not let a problematic product go on sale.

Again, you have not heard.

You want to make life easier for yourself and always ask us for detailed explanations of the conditions of your bugs. But we, you mere mortals, don't owe us anything.

It's not even ethical.

Rashid Umarov:

So it's too early for you to publish your Product. Go out and get pumped, there's no point in telling tales of the severity of the Market's moderators.

It's rude to send a person out in public like that. Talks about lapses in education.

Vadim Zotov:

It's rude to send someone out in public like that. Talks about a gap in upbringing.

That's what the moderator wrote to you. What are you complaining about?

Rashid Umarov:

Rashid, here's a question or a suggestion about the market and checks...

Let's say there is a situation where there is not enough money for transactions. Not an error, but at the stage of preparing a request to the server. We found out that there wasn't enough money. So what is the sense in letting the EA run until the end of the test? In my opinion, it would be reasonable to notify the Expert Advisor to the journal, to unload it from the chart. Why will not the EA autovalidate in such a case?

Alexey Viktorov:

Rashid, here's a question or a suggestion about the market and inspections...

Let's say there was a situation where there wasn't enough money to make transactions. Not an error, but at the stage of preparing a request to the server. We found out that there wasn't enough money. And what is the sense in letting the EA run until the end of the test? In my opinion, it would be reasonable to notify the Expert Advisor to the journal, to unload it from the chart. Why will not the EA autovalidate in such a case?

What's the point of unloading it from the chart?

There is not enough now and there may be enough later. Why should I unload it?

Rashid Umarov:

This is what the moderator wrote to you. What are you complaining about?

I am not complaining. I corrected those mistakes long ago and successfully. I did not interfere in this conversation to draw attention to myself. I am capable of correcting my own mistakes, and I don't think it is anything to be ashamed of. Everyone makes mistakes, including you.

I only intervened because I think you owe Ivan Titov an apology for being rude. Everyone was a novice at one time or another. They need help, not humiliation.

Evgeny Belyaev:

unload from the timetable - what for?

There's not enough now, but there might be enough later. Why unload it?

I think that this is at the discretion of the EA author. If you want to remove a specific EA with a specific magician, when there is not enough money and no positions opened, then let it be so. Replenish the deposit, restart the Expert Advisor. If the author believes that his EA should run continuously, then let it run and fill logs with messages about insufficient funds.

For the especially gifted, you can put a half-screen label with the message that the Expert Advisor was unloaded due to insufficient funds and offer to re-launch the Expert Advisor after refilling the deposit.