Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1773

Nikolay Ivanov #:

to write the TF information into the order, you have to use its magic number. Only this attribute never changes. Conditionally all TFs should be numbered in order and mag number should be generated taking into account this number + leave space for ID function, bitwise operations are better to use

Yeah, I was thinking about that too. I understand that a magician doesn't change. What is the ID function? Can you give an example of a bitwise operation? For example, how to shift reading a magik a few characters to the right? I would need it if I need to write a regular order magik in addition to the TF coded to the magik.

Nikolay Ivanov #:

to write the TF information into the order, you have to use its magic number. Only this attribute never changes. Conditionally all TFs should be numbered in order and generate magic number taking into account this number + leave some space for ID function, bitwise operations are better to use

To avoid injury to newbies let's say that we can add timeframe ID to Magic. And in the second robot, subtract Magic. Only in this way it is possible to have conflicts of Magic... Or, if Magic is greater than a certain number (which should not be exceeded by the other robots' majicies), then count it as that majic and handle it accordingly.

Nerd Trader #:
God, all right, all right, don't be nervous.

What's that got to do with it? If that's how you understand it, fine. You can think of it as a typo. What can you do... :)

Mihail Matkovskij #:

So as not to traumatise the beginner, let's say that you can add the time frame ID to Magic. And in the second robot, subtract Magic. This is the only way to get Magic conflicts... Or, if Magic is greater than a certain number (beyond which the other robots' majicies shouldn't act), then count it as that majic and handle it accordingly.

wow seriously? i thought the "function id" was the id software that made quake2

Mihail Matkovskij #:

What's that got to do with it? If that's how you understand it, fine. You can think of it as a typo. What can you do... :)

I'm so short of time for debate, or I'd be debating definitions all day.

Nerd Trader #:

wow seriously? i thought id was id software who made quake2

And why am I not surprised...? :)

Mihail Matkovskij a bitwise operation: how to read from magik the TF order and the magik itself, given that both are "contained" in magik?

Nerd Trader a bitwise operation: how to read from magik the TF order and the magik itself given that both are "contained" in the magik?

If you don't need id (which is the main function of magik), just write TF number in magik and that's it... And read it on the server...

Nerd Trader a bitwise operation: how to read from magik the TF order and the magik itself, given that both are "contained" in magik?

I wrote it all above. Reread the posts carefully. Your task is not something difficult. If you focus on the task and not bicker on the forum, you will succeed. Good luck.

Nikolay Ivanov #:

If you don't need id (which is the main function of magik), just write TF number in magik and that's it... And read it on the server...

it looks like we'll have to do it that way.