Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1704

zvezdocheet #:

There are no problems in the second line.

TimeCurrent here needs brackets TimeCurrent()

If the function has an int attribute, for example

int start()
{}

it should return IntegerOrExpression;

What is the point of this code, what is its purpose? What do you want to achieve? To check the ObjectCreate() function? Take an example from the help.

Yes, I did check ObjectCreate() and the fact that the code did not compile seemed strange. But I fixed all the defects you've mentioned - put parentheses there and return and the code compiled successfully. Why the compiler swore at the second line I don't know. I think the main reason was in the lack of parentheses after TimeCurrent but it was not the second line at all. It's a trifle, of course, but it was unpleasant. Thank you.

Good day to you all.

I have a question about Metaeditor 4

I can use CTRL+Z to cancel the last, penultimate ...... and up to the first action in my code.

For example, I wrote my code in 100 actions and after the 100th action, I started to cancel my previous actions one by one with CTRL+Z and reached my first coding action.
Q. After I get to my first action, can I IMMEDIATELY get to the last current state where I started undoing my actions, which is the 100th action. Of course I can do it with CTRL+Y, but I have to press this combination 99 times. And what menu entry would I use to go straight back to the action I started undoing my last action?

Thanks for your help.

Good day!!! Please tell me if anyone has the Sharpe Ratio code in MQL. If so, please share.

ANDREY #:

Good day to you all.

Of course I can do it with CTRL+Y But for that I will have to press this combination 99 times.

Thank you for all your help.

You can press once and hold until fully restored)

MakarFX #:

You can press once and hold until fully restored)

Thank you for your help. This I understand and know how to do.
This will go through my actions in quick succession. But what about without going through ..... once pressed and immediately got to the beginning?

ANDREY #:

Thank you for your help. This I understand and know how to do.
This will go through my actions sequentially at a fast pace. But what about without going through ..... once pressed and immediately got to the beginning?

Before CTRL+Z, press CTRL+A, then CTRL+C,

and if you want to go back, press CTRL+A then CTRL+V.

MakarFX #:

Before CTRL+Z press CTRL+A then CTRL+C,

and then press CTRL+A then CTRL+V.

Thanks for the great info. It worked!

MakarFX #:

Before CTRL+Z press CTRL+A then CTRL+C,

and then press CTRL+A then CTRL+V.

There's also a question about.....
I've used CTRL+Z to get to the first action in the code. I only got halfway andCTRL+Z stopped working after that.I think it stopped because I rebooted the terminal and the meta editor at the point where CTRL+Z stopped working .
QUESTION: How can I continue "moving" to the first step in writing code
when CTRL+Z stopped working in the situation I described?
Thank you.

ANDREY #:

Also a question about....
With CTRL+Z I started to "go" sequentially to the first action in writing the code. But I "got only half way" andCTRL+Z stopped working after that.I think it stopped because I rebooted the terminal and the meta editor at the point where CTRL+Z stopped working .
QUESTION: How can I continue "moving" to the first step in writing code
when CTRL+Z stopped working in the situation I described?
Thank you.

You can't.

MakarFX #:
No way.

Thank you for the valuable information.