Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 986

kopeyka2:

Hello.

I am mastering MT5. But it's not clear how to draw the buffer lines. I downloaded indicator from mql5 site and fixed it a little.

But now I have some problems with lines. My question is: Why is the line skewed in history and how to fix it?

Without getting into the code, I want to ask: Has the indexing direction of the buffer arrays been taken into account?

Alexey Viktorov:

Without going too deep into the code, I want to ask: Did you take into account the direction of indexing of buffer arrays?

We rotated the index buffers as in the time session is. The lines themselves are normal. The bug in the history BEFORE the specified interval of history ...

ERROR DISAPPEARED BY ITSELF!!!! It probably happened because of the MT5 update... Just before that there was a message about computer overload. It is not clear why the error did not disappear at once...

Hello.

After running the Expert Advisor in the Strategy Tester of MT5, the report chart shows positions that should not be there

https://www.mql5.com/ru/charts/10832941/aapl-d1-roboforex-ltd

https://www.mql5.com/ru/charts/10832942/aapl-d1-roboforex-ltd

At the same time, the EA holds only one open position, it can be seen in the log

This situation appears only on some symbols

Why do positions appear on the chart that should not be there?

Chart AAPL, D1, 2019.10.19 20:25 UTC, RoboForex Ltd, MetaTrader 5, Real
Chart AAPL, D1, 2019.10.19 20:25 UTC, RoboForex Ltd, MetaTrader 5, Real
  • www.mql5.com
Symbol: AAPL. Chart period: D1. Broker: RoboForex Ltd. Trading platform: MetaTrader 5. Trading mode: Real. Date: 2019.10.19 20:25 UTC.
Files:
График AAPL, D1, 2019.10.19 20:25 UTC, RoboForex Ltd, MetaTrader 5, Real
График AAPL, D1, 2019.10.19 20:25 UTC, RoboForex Ltd, MetaTrader 5, Real
  • www.mql5.com
Символ: AAPL. Период графика: D1. Брокер: RoboForex Ltd. Торговая платформа: MetaTrader 5. Режим торговли: Real. Дата: 2019.10.19 20:25 UTC.

Bremsberg:

How to switch fromMQL4 to MQL5

First of all, by inserting the code correctly in your message:

Hello! Guys, can you please remind me of a predetermined to change the polarity of a number. i.e. there is a "-3", I just want it to become a "3". I know exactly what it is, but I don't remember and can't find it.

"x+x+x" - don't suggest it! )))

Tojlna:

Hello! Guys, can you please remind me of a predetermined to change the polarity of a number. i.e. there is a "-3", I just want it to become a "3". I know exactly what it is, but I don't remember and can't find it.

"x+x+x" - don't suggest it! )))

MathAbs

"number polarity", quite a dashing term :-)

Bremsberg:

Switching from mq4 to mq5 what is wrong?

Mq4 indicator

MQ5 indicator

This is not how you paste the code in your message. No one will see this mess.

Is it possible in mql4 to pass a structure to a function by value, i.e. that when you manipulate a structure inside a function, the changes will not be reflected on the external structure?

Who uses Git? Do you use even half of the functionality described in the book?

Yevhenii Levchenko:
Who uses Git? Do you use even half of the functionality described in the book?

I use (looked it up, the first commit was made Tue Oct 5 09:15:42 2010 +0300). I don't use branches much for my repository, but it happens.

And at work, we use more of it. I haven't read the book, but I think we use more than half of it. Why?