Teach me how to make money. - page 12

Colleagues, I also suggest paying attention to the practical side.
To that end, here's found (didn't look hard) a simple strategist with a fairly long slope.
Kinda dangles around "zero" (although the data is around $4800).

Here is a graph in points:

Plus I attach a data table where:

Now a request to Eugene(prikolnyjkent) to offer a function for the lot (column "Lot") based on the results, so that the balance came out in a meaningful plus.
I hope the function is not too difficult to write directly in excel cell, and present the results.
The point is not to see the function (although it would be nice), but to have it actually automatically raise the balance based on statistics.

The same suggestion to everyone.

There are also a couple more sheets in the excel file with the same before and after data.
We'll look at that later.

So, is there any powder for such a practice? :)

prikolnyjkent:

The statistics of the outcomes of transactions on the trading system signals (for me personally and specifically on this topic) is the data on
- number of deals in the studied series;
- number of positive (negative) outcomes in this series;
- and the number of PUSHs in the outcome of each trade in case the distances to the stops were not the same throughout the series.

Along a long enough chart, you can draw the lines of its three-point channel.
And if the length of the channel is 9...10 times its width, I start to feel interested in such a chart. (although everyone is free to choose parameters to their liking)

OK, but what do we make money on? What should we expect in the future - a return to 50/50 statistical results, for the channel to continue? If we remember the run with 1000 lines - do we hope that for 1000 casts all lines will be in the +-100 interval?

Long time ago you wrote: "Well I told you once: it turns out, you can adjust mode to any peculiarities of outcome statistics. And to make the TS, which gives these statistics - profitable. The main thing - STAYING... Constancy used features, or - slow enough their variability. Did you manage to find a TS with constant statistics?

mt4trade:

So, is there any powder for such a practice? :)

I'm quite interested ;)

I haven't considered anything like that in a long time (due to my finally formed choice).

I'll have to see...

DiesIrae:

... Have you managed to find a TC with consistent statistics?

Not TC, but, I would say, the source of the signal.

Yes... I found one.

prikolnyjkent: I'm quite interested ;) I haven't counted anything like that in a long time (due to my finally formed choice). I'll have a look...
Excellent! Looking forward to it!

mt4trade:
Great! Looking forward to it!

Yesterday, in the middle of the night, I made the first version of the file, in which the most primitive, the first "measure that comes to mind when looking at the graph, is applied to the statistics of outcomes.

Before someone begins to point to the natural shortcomings of this "measure", I will say: do not think that the variant shown in the file is the ONLY POSSIBLE... and FINAL (each defect can be separately considered and corrected). But, it should be considered and addressed by THOSE who intend to use this approach to trading in the future. Plus, not a weak opportunity, in the process of consideration, to communicate and hang out here ;).

So, I suggest that before I post my version, you post here your thoughts... your thoughts while you're thinking about it.
I think it's very interesting to explore, to argue, to reason...

What do you think...? ;)

mt4trade:
So, it's beautiful! Although the work period is very short. How does it behave on history? And what kind of system is it, where can you get acquainted with it?

The same system calculations are given on the initial pages of the topic (the initial trade phase is also shown there) What is important in the ATC is not what the robot does, but the behavior strategy itself, that is the whole basis for behavior in all kinds of market situations... Let's say the initial impulse price movement and its possible swing are revealed in any system, therefore a successful trading operation may be achieved by entering on the initial point.But if you try to trade in a decaying market, it is in fact suicide - constant losses and the attempt to win back the situation... During analysis and testing of standard indicators with slight modifications, the necessary qualitative characteristics were found that allow to detect and automate the above trends, and as a result to get important answers in trading...

when - where - how much...

forte928:

when - where - how much...

The trading period coincides with a flat market. How will it behave when the nature of the market changes? Don't disappear. Maybe you should create a separate thread.

DJDJ22:
The trading period coincides with the flat on the market. How will it behave when the market changes? Don't disappear. Maybe you should create a separate thread.

Maybe we should create a separate branch...but I don't want to have a conversation with a smart person, it's important to communicate in general...

And the name of the thread is very appropriate to describe and show the principle of trading...

Any trading system is a flat - a trend is an impulse move, i.e. we have the same flat system on a higher TF...

In the current TF we can know when this impulse will complete - or at least we can see the change of direction...

The only thing that would be difficult to determine is when the market is in calm - but this is not a significant problem - if you know the calm, you just wait and don't trade.

forte928:

... It is important to communicate with each other...

You see, one is also interested in observing the development of thought in a creative environment :)

And the willing - now there are already TWO fundamentally different lines of research. If to compare fluctuations of currency price with fluctuations of water level on a scale with a marking on the "leg" of a drilling platform floating in the ocean, and to compare profit from fluctuations of the rate with energy from fluctuations of water level, readers of this thread can now either join the group of "engineers, the readers of this thread can now join either "the group working on a mechanism that tries to FUDGET the direction of future water level movement and opens towards its FUTURE PREVIEW", or the group working on "a mechanism by which WATER LEVEL CHANGE itself produces the work necessary to release "energy",..... without any processing of data to make predictions, due to solely design features of the mechanism".

One can only wish everyone to enjoy the process, ... and profit from the effort expended ...