What is the optimum depth of history for identifying a useful signal? - page 19

I'll tell you why))) every day I open a lock, put a stop and a take. 15 trades at most and close whatever remains after 10 days and then everything repeats.

azfaraon:
I'll answer you anyway)))

you shouldn't.

It's become a tradition that you answer some of your own questions that have nothing to do with mine at all.

You wanted to understand, so I explained it to you.

I have chosen the depth that is closest to my character ... Everyone can choose his own ... But the calculation of depths based on timeframes is one, so they smoothly merge into each other ... H1 depth eight ...

I always make systems to give profit without any stops, takeovers or other filters.

I'm telling you one more time I don't look at all bars for making forecasts ... I just divide a month into 3 parts ... I can't answer why I do it in 3 parts ... Me, my wife and kids ... I even told you I developed a method for setting stop and takeaway. volatility is not taken into account and history too ... I just say I use a simple geometry for it

It's even simpler ... an isosceles triangle

AlexeyFX:

And now I'm making an extrapolator. Calculating 32 bars on a medium lousy computer takes 50 ms, 64 bars takes 500 ms. When I think about 720 bars, I feel sick...

In principle, you're probably right that we should use a considerably longer history than the duration of the trade. But I understand it in such a way that I should take several tens of bars and use them to calculate the next 1-2-3 bars. On the next bar we may repeat it.

Why 32 bars, is it only because of the computational load? What timeframe we should use to get something on 32 bars, like H1 or H4? You probably cannot use 32 bars for 1 minute, 5 minutes or even 15 minutes to predict even for a couple of bars only.

So why exactly 32 bars and exactly on one timeframe (by the way, which one do you use?)?

ZaPutina:

Why 32 bars, may be it only because of the computational load, what timeframe we should use to get something less or less using 32 bars, like H1 or H4? You would probably not think to forecast 32 bars of one-minute or 5-minute or even 15-minute - even for a couple of bars only.

So why exactly 32 bars and exactly on one timeframe (by the way, on which one do you have?)?

Because the smallest perimeter has a square.

tara:
Because the smallest perimeter is a square.
I see you haven't had a conversation with your son-in-law...