Recipes for increasing revenue from the sale of Signals - page 10

evillive:

Old subscribers may leave at the end of the period if they are not satisfied with something, and new ones come to replace them, a kind of cycle of subscribers in the system :)

And the amount of money also changes due to this cycle.

Since I've been monitoring, the average absolute rate of increase in total subscriber capital is ~ $1 million per week.

lob32371:
Since I started monitoring, the average absolute rate of increase in total subscriber capital is ~$1 million per week.

I think you are leading the most relevant topic of the forum, for which, please accept my sincere wishes in the field of finding new ways and ways of presenting the perfectly organized resource "Signals". The capital increase you have shown is evidence of the increasing popularity of the service. I will try to make some of my recommendations to be discussed by forum participants and the developers to contribute to the even greater popularity of a resource "Signals", without claiming to be the absolute truth:

1. To further improve the principles and rules for assigning a rating to signals through a wide discussion on this topic in order to identify the best indicators that objectively characterize a particular signal, taking into account the interests of providers and subscribers of each signal to the maximum extent possible;

2. Allow, by opening special topics, objective (without criticism) discussion of each signal on this and/or another newly organized forum, not limiting them to discussion in the bowels of the signal itself, from this forum will only benefit in popularity, I think;

3) Find a mechanism to enforce action, so that the owner of a successful signal will not want to be complacent about past results.

4. I ask participants to add items with wishes and suggestions in this regard.

Data as of 17.12.2014:
Всего сигналов: 964
Всего подписчиков: 4174
Из них платящих: 1996
Суммарно они платят: $48839.91

Сумма всех средств подписчиков: $8 024 762

For the week, the figures are virtually unchanged - the first time this has happened since the start of monitoring. Let's see what the next week has in store...

Data as of 27.12.2014:
Всего сигналов: 965
Всего подписчиков: 3908
Из них платящих: 1716
Суммарно они платят: $42771.94

Сумма всех средств подписчиков: $8 247 281

Data as of 05.01.2015:
Всего сигналов: 938
Всего подписчиков: 3123
Из них платящих: 1413
Суммарно они платят: $35974.98

Сумма всех средства подписчиков: $6 764 124

I doubt anyone else is using the Signals API. Not even minimally.

There are almost doubles as well:
35: Name: Workable (Yuriy7777)
Broker Server: RVDMarkets-Live ECN (RVD Investment Group Limited)
URL: http://www.mql5.com/en/signals/55262 (Real Account, Leverage: 100)
Gain: 482.78% (Balance: 91481.97, Equity: 91481.97, Pips: 22031, Trades: 1877)
MaxDD: 56.27%, ROI: 54.99%
Rating: 99999905 (Started: 2014.09.04 18:35:31, Published: 2014.09.04 18:35:31)
Subscribers: 2 (Price: $20.00), SignalIncome: $40.00, Funds: $13000.00 (per one: $6500.00)

76: Name: EA Investor (mos4ever)
Broker Server: RVDMarkets-Live ECN (RVD Investment Group Limited)
URL: http://www.mql5.com/en/signals/56414 (Real Account, Leverage: 100)
Gain: 262.95% (Balance: 121251.05, Equity: 121251.05, Pips: 51479, Trades: 1575)
MaxDD: 56.03%, ROI: 118.80%
Rating: 99999940 (Started: 2014.09.11 11:51:12, Published: 2014.09.11 11:51:12)
Subscribers: 0 (Price: $20.00), SignalIncome: $0.00, Funds: $0.00 (per one: $0.00)

It looks like both accounts are PAMMs. Either with copying, or with the same TS.

In general, identifying doppelgangers and the same TCs is a simple task. I do not see its practical application.

I think I need to sort signals by turnover and absolute profits. I have not found any diamonds yet.

There are quite a few competitors to Signals. Some of them are much larger in terms of popularity and monetisation. That said, all competitors work on a commission basis, not on a subscription basis. This means that those services have a much higher profit margin.

I think that the main discouraging reason for the growth of Signals service is compulsory PUBLIC de-anonymization of providers, almost all of whom are individuals. The situation is somewhat similar to the regulators' requirements for brokers: compulsory identity verification. Which of course discourages potential traders. True, there verification is not public, as it is with Signals. Even PAMM-schemes do not require it. And I do not remember such services even outside of trading.

Over-insured, it seems. So far, this circumstance has discouraged me from using Signals even as verified by the developers real-time monitoring of my own trading. Not to mention the rest.

ZS Yes, paranoid when it comes to personal space.

lob32371:
There are quite a few competitors to Signals. Some of them are much larger in terms of popularity and monetisation. That said, all competitors work on a commission basis, not for a subscription fee. This means that those services have a much higher profit margin.

I think that the main discouraging reason for growth of Signals service is compulsory PUBLIC de-anonymization of providers, almost all of which are individuals. The situation is somewhat similar to the regulators' requirements for brokers: compulsory identity verification. Which of course discourages potential traders. True, there verification is not public, as it is with Signals. Even PAMM-schemes do not require it. And I do not remember such services even outside of trading.

Over-insured, it seems. So far, this circumstance has discouraged me from using Signals even as verified by the developers real-time monitoring of my own trading. Not to mention the rest.

It's been a long time since I've had a good topic on the forum.
Thanks for the job done, very useful info.

PS I agree with your conclusions, very much.

lob32371:
There are quite a few competitors to Signals. Some of them are much larger in terms of popularity and monetisation. That said, all competitors work on a commission basis, not on a subscription basis. This means that those services have a much higher profit margin.

I think that the main discouraging reason for the growth of Signals service is compulsory PUBLIC de-anonymization of providers, almost all of whom are individuals. The situation is somewhat similar to regulators' requirements for brokers: compulsory identity verification. Which of course discourages potential traders. True, there verification is not public, as it is with Signals. Even PAMM-schemes do not require it. And I do not remember such services even outside of trading.

Over-insured, it seems. So far, this circumstance has discouraged me from using Signals even as verified developer real-time monitoring of my own trading. Not to mention the rest.

I think the mandatory verification of the Signal Provider's (author's) identity is necessary so that the authors feel some responsibility towards their subscribers, and most importantly, in the end, everything is about money, and in these cases, you cannot do without verification, which has been done.

yosuf:
I think mandatory verification of the identity of the signal provider (author) is necessary so that authors feel some responsibility towards their subscribers, and most importantly, ultimately everything is about money, and in these cases you can't do without verification, which is what is done.
I think you are only partly right. Yes, there is some element of responsibility. But a weak one.

In PAMM services where a broker is interested in losing, of course, there is no PUBLIC verification and other tools to increase the responsibility.

But in the places where a broker is interested in the quality of his PAMM service, the only incentive to be responsible is the minimum initial deposit level.

It is much less of a problem to find someone else's passport than to have a decent initial deposit. Look at the number of cent accounts on the service that are identified as real. Look at the number of accounts that have a starting deposit < $1K. Who has the largest number of subscribers and income from them?

All in all, the current option is a legal re-insurance, nothing more.

By the way, we can determine the quality of providers by the quantity of their (own) money. By current signals it is very easy. But also by signals from archives it is not much harder, since you only need to parse pages. True, there are tens of thousands of them. And taking into account the protection of developers against downloading data from their resource, it is a lot of time...

Probably, I will add some new indicators to the status as soon as I get my hands and will.