How do I retrieve data from an indicator? - page 2

NULL - current currency pair

0 - current time frame (period)

"SampleInd - name of the indication, from which we need the data

13 - some external parameter to be passed to the indicator (if it has such parameters, if not - not necessary)

1 - the number in order in the window I asked you to open (you call "row of numbers"). In this case - 1 is 2nd from top to bottom

0 - the shift in the ticks of the timeframe measurement to the left of the chart you want to take data from. 0 - current value

Retabs:

Done. Shows a series of numbers. What do they mean?

You need to learn, not wait for hints! Everyone has their own problems to solve! Learn from the basics, then you will know what, where, where and how! You have to put effort, will, persistence in studying all the recommended! If you don't learn, you will lose your deposit, there is no other way!

_new-rena:

NULL - current currency pair

0 - current time frame (period)

"SampleInd - name of the indication, from which the data is needed

13 - some external parameter to be passed to the indicator (if it has such parameters, if not - not necessary)

1 - the number in order in the window I asked you to open (you call "row of numbers"). In this case - 1 is the 2nd from top to bottom

0 - the shift in the ticks of the timeframe measurement to the left of the chart you want to take the data from. 0 - current value

It's all in the Documentation! But when you find it yourself, it gets into your head, and the hints won't stay in your head!

borilunad:

It's all in the Documentation! But when one finds it oneself, one gets it into one's head, and the hints in the mountain will not linger!
Naturally

_new-rena:
Naturally

Yeah, we all know it ourselves, don't we? And they think, "I'll get the dough, just shovel it away! DCs should not give bonuses but a shovel with mittens! :))

_new-rena:

https://docs.mql4.com/ru/indicators/icustom

iCustom(NULL,0,"SampleInd",13,1,0);

Thank you very much! It's starting to make a little more sense. It's a lot easier to talk to a human being than a reference.

iCustom - Returns the value of the specified custom indicator.

NULL - Symbol name of the instrument on whose data the indicator will be calculated .NULL means the current symbol.
+NULL - satisfies
*Why does it say 55 on the screenshot ?
*In case of EURJPY, should it be written EURJPY ?

0 - Period. 0 means the period of the current chart.
+0is fine.
*The screenshot is taken from M1, why is the second number 2(PERIOD_M2) on the screenshot?

SampleInd - Name of custom indicator
*What should I write?
*Why does it say 10 on the screenshot?
*What does help help mean "..." ? If there are 5 parameters in your example, there are 5 parameters in the screenshot, and if you don't count "..." there are also 5 parameters in the help.

etc.

Retabs:

Thanks a lot! It has already become a little clearer. I know it is much clearer to talk to the man, than to the help.

iCustom - Returns value of specified custom indicator.

NULL - Symbol name of the instrument, on whose data the indicator will be calculated .NULL means the current symbol.
+NULL - satisfies
*Why does it write 55 on the screenshot ?
*In case of EURJPY, should it be written EURJPY ?

0 - Period. 0 means the period of the current chart.
+0is fine.
*The screenshot is taken from M1, why is the second number 2(PERIOD_M2) on the screenshot?

SampleInd - Name of custom indicator
*What should I write?
*Why does it say 10 on the screenshot?
*What does it mean in help "..." ? If there are 5 parameters in your example, there are 5 parameters in the screenshot, and if you don't count "..." there are also 5 parameters in the help.

etc.

What screenshots? You need to read the help, not look at screenshots...

I have to write NULL as well, the timeframe is in minutes, i.e., if H1, then 60.

If the indicator has external parameters(extern) - be sure to pass them in the same order via iCustom after the name.

borilunad:

You need to learn, not wait for tips! Everyone has their own tasks to solve! Learn from the basics, then you will understand what, where, where and how! You have to put effort, will, persistence in the study of all your recommendations! If you do not learn, you will lose your deposit, there is no other way!

The real is still waiting for its time.

Retabs:

Thank you very much! It's starting to make a little more sense. I mean, it's a lot easier to talk to a human being than a reference.

I agree. Good luck!

In time, the help will become the best helper.

_new-rena:

I agree. Good luck!

In time, the help will become the best helper.

Explain what I understand correctly and what I don't.

double val=iCustom(NULL,0,"RegressionPolynomial",13,1,0);

double - so the variable val will be a real number containing a fractional part.

val - the variable we named val(what will be the final numeric value of the variable val?)

= - we assign a value to the variable val

iCustom - call the function which will assign a numeric value to the variable

( - marker spec ifying theiCustom function parameters

NULL - iCustom function will calculatethe variable val from the current currency pair

0 - iCustom function will calculate the variable val from thecurrentchart period

"RegressionPolinomynal" - the name of the indicator from which iCustomfunction will calculate the variable val

13 - input parameter(the numeric value of the first parameter that is displayed in the indicator properties window)

1 - Not clear :( (they write the indicator line index)

0 - unclear :( tick or candlestick index from whose parametersiCustom function will calculate the variable val. (0-current, 1-previous, 2-previous...) but what? Tick or Candle.

) - marker that parameters of iCustom function will be enumerated here

; - end of the code fragment which is responsible for assigning value to the valvariable