MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 38

Renat:

So the conversation is about variables, not graphics. Besides, graphics are great in MT5 - you can do anything up to computer games. Mt4 is coming up too.

How can you transmit in any program a hundred parameters that a user must change himself at any moment? Only with a table of input parameters. It doesn't depend on the type of program.

Anyway, hundreds of parameters is a programmer's way to nowhere. We need to use intelligent automatic control methods to reduce the number of parameters by a factor of ten. As soon as you start thinking about it, solutions come immediately.

Automatic control methods apply. Graphical constructions are different from calculations of mathematical 'series' in the form of average..... stochastics, etc. Before you can program anything, you have to do a lot of rough work. That is, you first have to create graphical plots. Then we have to see how it all works. This takes a lot of time. You have to analyze a lot of what has been done correctly, and what must be discarded. Then I have to carry out some sort of optimization-automation. But I don't see any perspective at the moment in just trying to analyze situations and searching for optimal parameters with graphical drawings. That is, I do not see any possibility of running in the tester and making automatism at the current stage with graphical drawings. That is why the optimum situation now is when some of the operations are automated, and some are performed manually. That is, the program must allow for automation within a reasonable range for the current moment, and must allow for manual building. In the old МТ4 it was impossible to manage without a lot of external parameters when performing manual operations. How it will be in the new one, we'll see. There are some proposals to add some new graphical tools in the arsenal of the language which seem to be absent in MT5. But it's not right now. Right now you have a lot of routine work to do to transform MT4.

nen:

Use text .ini files. It's very handy when you have a large number of parameters. And it is very fast.

// Even during optimization: it is actually read from disk only for the first time, then it is stored in RAM - the winds up buffer.

Leave only optimisable parameters in extern(input) variables.

imha.

VOLDEMAR:

I've written to the service desk, reset the codes, and uploaded a video as well.

Thanks, man.

We're working on your application.

ForexMoneyMaker:

MT4 Bild 536, ME 872.

Flipping the timeframes caused an error in the indicator buffer: array out of range in 'Bears.mq4' (106,24). There are no errors on the 509 version.

When working with another indicator the following message has popped up: unresolved import function call.

Thank you. We will check and correct it.

PS. It does not work on the last build.

Please check

artmedia70:
If in the indicator parameters, in the Colours tab, press the Reset button,

then all colours of all buffers are not reset to their original state, which is specified in #property indicator_colorN, but to a transparent colour, i.e. buffers are not displayed on the chart.
Previously, the behaviour was different - it was reset to the initial colour specified in #property indicator_colorN.

Will the behaviour be fixed, or will it stay that way?

It will be corrected. Going to

PS. Corrected by

MetaDriver:

Renat, Stringo, will Unicode stay for good?

Yes.

"Why Tunisia?" - "Where else???" (c) Election Day.

Released the 537 build with corrections.

I have written to servicedesk about the error - #881866,

In 537m it also appears .

EAs with user libraries do not work.

terminal closes on tester startup.

libraries and EA compile successfully, there are warnings http://joxi.ru/2g2BUtg5CbBJURb38Ls

I have checked several EAs based on my library functions, the terminal reacts unambiguously, it closes (although if these functions are used without the library it works).

I don't see anything about it in the logs.

Where do I send the code?

array out of range in

I see this error in Expert Advisors after testing in the Strategy Tester

build 537.

it runs, but it says amazing things in the log

http://joxi.ru/1w-BUtg5CbBoUY5XoVs

dken1:

EAs with user libraries do not work.

terminal closes on tester startup.

libraries and EA compile successfully, there are warnings http://joxi.ru/2g2BUtg5CbBJURb38Ls

I have checked several EAs based on my library functions, the terminal reacts unambiguously, it closes (although if these functions are used without the library it works).

I don't see anything about it in the logs.

Where do I send the code?

array out of range in

I see this error in Expert Advisors after testing in the Strategy Tester

build 537.

Arrays are now passed by reference only - & must be added ("array passed by reference only").

If you have to pass an array to the timeseries by reference, you must now use an intermediate array, e.g., obtained using ArrayCopySeries.

When copying arrays, in particular ArrayCopy, we must not forget about the direction of indexing ArraySetAsSeries, otherwise there may be problems.

Type conversion must be done before operations which involve data of different types ("possible loss of data due to type conversion").

Constants must be initialized after declaration and before operations with them ("possible use of uninitialized variable").

Unused variables can also be deleted ("variable 'X' not used").