MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 129

Wahoo:

I thought that in the tester this function should return the values corresponding to the tested period, like in MT5, and not today's last current quote, even if I'm testing for November.

Today is the 16th of December. I've been running the test since November but SymbolInfoTick returns the quotes for today (16th of December), which leads to requotes :). There is an example with the code, try to run it in your environment.

The difference between lasttick.ask and Ask is about 200 pips.

I see what you mean. You mean the tester. Sorry, I didn't get it right away.

We'll make it up to you.

// If the terminal is switched on and the EA is placed on the chart, the timer starts.
// if the terminal is on and the EA is on the chart the timer starts too
// If I start the TERMINAL with the EA hooked up, the OnTimer section does not start (the TIMER does not start) which is a mistake.

Put the source code in the service box to reproduce the situation

The timer does not start if I change the CHART, though it should

this indicator collapses the terminal completely, the terminal will not start with it

#property indicator_chart_window
#property indicator_buffers 6

#property   indicator_color1  clrRed
#property   indicator_color2  clrDarkGreen
#property   indicator_color3  clrBlack
#property   indicator_color4  clrDodgerBlue
#property   indicator_color5  clrDodgerBlue
#property   indicator_color6  clrDodgerBlue

#property   indicator_width1  1
#property   indicator_width2  1
#property   indicator_width3  2
#property   indicator_width4  1
#property   indicator_width5  1
#property   indicator_width6  1

extern int    Bperiod    = 21   ;
extern int    Ma1_period = 8     ;
extern int    Ma2_period = 30    ;
extern int    Ma3_period = 100   ;

double     ExtBuffer0[];
double     ExtBuffer1[];
double     ExtBuffer2[];
double     ExtBuffer3[];
double     ExtBuffer4[];
double     ExtBuffer5[];
//======================================================================================================================//
void init()
  {

SetIndexStyle (0,DRAW_LINE);
SetIndexBuffer(0, ExtBuffer0 ); // буфер для первой линии
SetIndexLabel (0,"ExtBuffer0");

SetIndexStyle (1,DRAW_LINE);
SetIndexBuffer(1, ExtBuffer1 ); 
SetIndexLabel (1,"ExtBuffer1");

SetIndexStyle (2,DRAW_LINE);
SetIndexBuffer(2, ExtBuffer2 ); 
SetIndexLabel (2,"ExtBuffer2");

SetIndexStyle (3,DRAW_LINE);
SetIndexBuffer(3, ExtBuffer3 ); 
SetIndexLabel (3,"ExtBuffer3");

SetIndexStyle (4,DRAW_LINE);
SetIndexBuffer(4, ExtBuffer4 ); 
SetIndexLabel (4,"ExtBuffer4");

SetIndexStyle (5,DRAW_LINE);
SetIndexBuffer(5, ExtBuffer5 ); 
SetIndexLabel (5,"ExtBuffer5");
}
//======================================================================================================================//
int OnCalculate(const int rates_total,
                const int prev_calculated,
                const datetime &time[],
                const double   &open[],
                const double   &high[],
                const double   &low [],
                const double   &close[],
                const long &tick_volume[],
                const long &volume[],
                const int &spread[])
  {
   int limit=rates_total-prev_calculated;
   int rez=1440/_Period;

for(int x=0; x<limit; x++)
       {
            ExtBuffer0[x]=iMA(NULL,0,Ma1_period,0,2,0,x);
            ExtBuffer1[x]=iMA(NULL,0,Ma2_period,0,1,0,x);
            ExtBuffer2[x]=iMA(NULL,0,Ma3_period,0,3,0,x);

ExtBuffer3[x]=iBands(NULL,0,Bperiod*rez,2,0,0,MODE_UPPER,x);
            ExtBuffer4[x]=iMA   (NULL,0,Bperiod*rez,  0,0,0,x);
            ExtBuffer5[x]=iBands(NULL,0,Bperiod*rez,2,0,0,MODE_LOWER,x);
      }
   return(rates_total);
  }

another question

characters can now be saved in sets ...

but how to load a character set is not clear .....

Armani86:

Not a single third-party indicator or EA in the new builds works... This is a disaster... Compiling in the new editor gives a lot of errors and warnings...

Metaquotes don't seem to have enough money.

They decided to cut the whole accumulated code base and make money on Market. Cool, what can I say...

I just wonder if I ask MT4 developers to fix my indicator - will they do it?

It's because they do it on purpose now so that none of the old indicators and Expert Advisors work. So they have to fix it too...

Take your time - the final build is not out yet

testing is still underway

If the new compiler reports warnings and errors, you should believe it, not speculate.

Renat:
If the new compiler reports warnings and errors, you should believe it, not speculate.

On beta testing of the compiler?

tara:

On compiler beta testing?
You are probably not aware that this is an MQL5 compiler, which is many years old and debugged. And now the problems of the new MQL4 language only have to be fully interwoven into the virtual environment of the MT4 environment. Not only do we need to interface thousands of function points, but also preserve the old compiler engine. This is precisely the problem of pairing points that we are dealing with.

stringo:

I see. You mean the tester. Sorry, I didn't get it right away.

We'll make it up to you.

There will be a fix in the next build

pro_:

Look, what's all the panic about!
Actually, the Market is not only and not so much for Metakvots, but for the developers of appropriate and useful indicators and Expert Advisors. They do not always have to work for them. I'm with both hands "for!" for the Market, although I program only to be able to not depend on any changes and to be able to adapt to them all that I am using.

Overseas, they update the software and that's it! They don't discuss anything with anyone. What's more, they also change the language (programming) so that you have to learn all over again. All the old developments work only in the old version of the program, which no one supports. In other words, you want to keep driving a cart, but don't want to get into our car. Metakvots are turning your cart into a car, do you really think this will go away without any problems at all?

I'm sure your indicator will work too when the latest build comes out, but for now, work on 509 so as not to take any chances. Leave the beta testing to others if it's causing you such harsh, negative emotions.

Developers and users, need a full-fledged Market site, with a wide selection of search criteria, clearly laid out products, descriptions, statistics. The same applies to signals.

We have launched Market on mcl5, but it is not finished, four primitive search parameters are available - "Popular New Free Paid", far from real requests.

There are no visitors.

But there are active users of mt4 and mt5.

Let's gather them into one herd and fill the unmanageable in the terminal. The crowd will be happy, looking through the peephole, not only with Expert Advisors' settings, but also with the Market and signals. Who needs in the terminal the demo signals with yield curves dropping to zero, why do we need all that someone has written in the terminal, because he wants to sell it?

Tower of Babel.