MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 85

ALXIMIKS:

Yes, the debugger worked fine (I don't know exactly now, but a week ago it was fine - I was debugging my classes).

Only I didn't make breakpoints in the init, everything was in the start.

I'm still trying to figure out how to use the debugger.
If I don't select points in the inite, it still won't go to start.

chief2000:

Possible.
I don't know why, but instead of EURUSD (I chose EURUSD in the tester) the debugger tries to open USDCHF pair chart, for which there is no historical data. Where is this set?

There are two exits:

1. open the USDCHF chart than cause data to be retrieved for this symbol.

2. Specify symbol for debugging in ME: Service - Settings - Debugging - Use specified symbol and period.

Scriptong:

There are two exits:

1. open the USDCHF chart than cause data to be retrieved for this symbol.
2. Specify symbol for debugging in ME: Service - Settings - Debugging - Use specified symbol and period.

Your solution helped with the EURUSD selection, but the debugger still won't go into start().
Just in case, MT4 build 551, ME5 build 875.

chief2000:

Your solution helped with EURUSD selection, but the debugger still won't go into start().
Just in case, MT4 build 551, ME5 build 875.

I think that's what I've been testing everything on. The terminal has now been updated to build 552.

To enter start you need:

1. Put break point somewhere in start (I did in the first line).

2. Wait for the tick on the character to be checked.

Scriptong:

I think that's what I've been testing everything on. The terminal has now been updated to build 552.
To enter start you need:
1. Put break point somewhere in start (I did in the first line).
2. Wait for a tick on the character to be checked.

Did you check on the code I posted above or on your own?

chief2000:

Did you check on the code I posted above or on your own?

Exactly on yours.

Scriptong:

Exactly on yours.

That's it, I've found out what's wrong. I thought the chart was a formality but it turns out that the Debugger places the Expert Advisor on the chart and therefore the "Expert Advisors" button in MT4 should be pressed. It would be nice to get a warning message when the button is pressed, otherwise I am not sure why the Debugger does not work (rather it works, but only in init-e). Thanks for the help!

chief2000:

I figured out what the problem was. I thought the chart is a formality but it turns out that the Debugger places the Expert Advisor on the chart and therefore the "Expert Advisors" button in MT4 should be pressed. It would be nice to get a warning message when the button is pressed, otherwise I am not sure why the Debugger does not work (rather it works, but only in init-e). Thanks for the help!

IsExpertEnabled(); to help

sergeev:
so why don't we let the owners test the strategies on islamic brokerage houses ?

As far as I know, swaps are taken into account in the tester, even if the account belongs to "Swap Free Accounts" group.

Even if swap is not taken into account in such accounts, the tester settings should be able to manage the process (because the trader should determine how best to manage the account).

VOLDEMAR:
Yeah and add leverage ....

+1. Also worth adding, because a trader needs to know at what leverage values the tests will be most effective.

evillive:
Isn't there one?
There is no leverage in the tester for MT4. In MT5 there is, it was added by request of the workers.
evillive:
So, connect to the right account before testing, what's the problem? But the leverage is taken into account, so there's no need to add it.

The problem is that it's a scrap to open 20 accounts to test "primitive" settings and characteristics of a trading account.

A trader should be able to test the behavior of an EA on one account with different parameters (it makes life much easier).

Guys, I can't understand it and the current help is misleading...

Will those examples that are in me help work in the new compiler?

Will it be possible to create buttons similar to those in mt5?