MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 75

I don't understand the moaning about updating the terminal either. It won't update itself while it's loaded. Only after unloading/downloading does it update.

Zhunko:
I also do not understand bemoaning the update of the terminal. He himself will not update while loaded. Only after unloading/downloading updates.

Much of the frustration comes from the ambiguity of understanding how to install, run and use the terminal on different operating systems. No matter how good a software product is, until there is a fuller description of how to use it on the majority of operating systems used by users, this kind of moaning will persist. We have adapted to it and figured out how to fight it, now we look for bugs, try new features, although except for the possibility of OOP I haven't seen any improvements other than unnecessary tambourine dancing. I'm anxiously waiting for the end of testing and release of the new terminal to the masses, as from time to time the terminal crashes for unknown reasons, often without leaving any traces in the logs and /crash. The speed of testing and optimization is not increased, or maybe this increase is so small that it is not noticeable. Overall, it is a good help to kill time.

The order system is glitchy !

I marked "false messages" in the log in the screenshot. No [Trade is disabled] in fact (really) was and is not. Trading is permitted. The terminal logs "Invalid order parameters". The problem is that the terminal still considers the orders that have already been executed as Limit orders. // This can be seen when launching the second terminal.

Self-treatment is very expensive - it requires restarting the main terminal (then all orders start to be displayed correctly and the EA can continue normal operation). Not a very acceptable solution - all of the tick indicators lose the data accumulated for the session (it takes a lot of minutes of accumulation to recover their performance), the optimizer is also zeroed out with loss of results, etc., etc.

It would be good to fix the problem in the new MT4 - it has been inherited completely from build 509 and earlier.

As I understand the terminal supports its own order table. If it fails we need some means to fully update it from the server: restarting the terminal is a very bad way to do that.

I am attaching today's full log. All messages [Trade is disabled] in it are false, and of the aforementioned nature, and have been "cured" by restarting the terminal.

// It's good that the account is a demo one. There could have been serious financial losses on the real account.

Files:
20131127.zip  127 kb

MetaDriver:

The order system is glitchy !

I should also add that I have not been able to reproduce the problem "by click". // i.e. at what point and under what conditions order desynchronisation with the server starts, I still haven't found out.

ruslanchik:

1. did you start terminal 2 from the same folder?

2. did you use a portable key?

3. I don't have this effect.

1. No. I have two terminals in different folders.

2. now everything is "portable" without the keys portable

// I don't know why this suits me fine. My UAC is turned off.

3. the bug is irregular. in slow trading it may wait a long time and not wait. With HFT (order modification several times per minute, multicurrency) it may occur several times a day (or never - depending on your luck).

artmedia70:

I've said a lot here before, and not just here.

About the highlighted one. You're on the 509th build. Look through the forum, see what tears some people have cried about the update. A lot of tears were shed here. They cried that that was it... the end of their money... the end of the world... But in the end, they keep on trading. Now they are beginning to see the next update in the same way. A global one.

Don't worry. No evil terminals will not steal your money ;)

What I mean is to be creative in the decisions of the MC, to accept their policies as given. And work. If you have suggestions and wishes to improve the terminal and its behavior, do not come here. Write to ServiceDesk. There, your well-grounded request and your suggestions will not get lost, you will get an answer and, maybe, reach the developers. There's no need to fluff about it here. Let's test in working order, eh?

Pardon me, dearie me! Where do you see any shenanigans? No shenanigans! Just suggestions for consideration.

All questions, everything is in working order.

In general, I support the policy of the party, I disagree only with some provisions :)

MetaDriver:

1. no. I have two terminals in different folders.

2. now everything works "portable" with no key portable

// the terminals are not on the system drive and the user folders are in the terminal folder. i don't know why but this suits me fine. uac is turned off.

I thought you were logging in as an investor at the same time and watching !

ruslanchik:

I thought you were logging in as an investor at the same time and watching !
I do so, only from a second terminal (in a separate folder).

Found a couple more graph killers qta and 3 ducks

qta worked 1 time

Files:
3ducks.mq4  33 kb

poruchik:

Found a couple more graph killers qta and 3 ducks

qta worked 1 time

I'm not surprised. After all, deinit clearly says: remove all objects from the graph.

int deinit() 
{
   ObjectsDeleteAll(0);
   return (0);
}