MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 50

alexvd:

Have you tried it in the 541 build?

Have tried to reproduce based on your sources, so far without success. Can you post all sources and details (OS, symbol, broker, installation folder, permissions, etc.) on servicedesk

Additionally, please tell me the chart settings used in the terminal (number of bars in history and in the chart)

alexvd:

It's better to go straight to Service Desk with all sources and description.

I reduced and reduced the code with saving the problem and came to a funny thing:

#property indicator_chart_window
#property indicator_buffers 1    
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
int start(){
    int x,i; 
    i = Bars - IndicatorCounted()-1; 

BetterHighLow    a;
    for(x=i; x>=0; x--){  
        a.PereborFunc();
    }   
    return(0);
}
class BetterHighLow{
public:
   BetterHighLow(){};
   void PereborFunc(){};
  };

I call 1 indicator - everything is OK, another one with the same code but a different name - also everything is OK.

If I call two indicators with the same name and the same code - the terminal crashes.

ALXIMIKS:

I reduced and reduced the code and the problem persisted, but finally I got to a funny thing:

I call 1 indicator - everything is OK, another one with the same code but a different name - also everything is OK.

But if I call two indicators with the same name and the same code - the terminal crashes.

Then go to servicedesk: there are no virtual methods in your code, it means that they are called by some constructor in the code of the terminal itself.

//And in general I wonder, who persecutes to transfer their programs to new builds? If it works, don't touch it, right?

alsu:

Then go to servicedesk: there are no virtual methods in your code, it means that they are called by some constructor in the terminal code itself.

//All in all, I wonder who persecutes to translate their programs to new builds? If it works, don't touch it, right?

Winter (the realities of tm5 in mt4) is best prepared for in the autumn.

+ translating your own codes into OOP as a way of learning, in terms of fixing the material, is not so bad.

alsu:

Then go to servicedesk: there are no virtual methods in your code, it means that they are called by some constructor in the code of the terminal itself.

//And in general I wonder, who persecutes to transfer their programs to new builds? If it works, don't touch it, right?

Already reproduced the problem. The ticket is not needed.

HIDDEN:

Optimisation in the strategy tester is not working?

I test the standard EAs for optimization, the results are null for all runs.

I optimize my Expert Advisor, I get the same result in every run, although the parameters change.

Terminal build 241

Thank you for your message. We have found and fixed the problem.

An updated build will be posted later

stringo:

Canvas doesn't work (compiles, but doesn't display) for several builds now. Is it by design? Or an oversight?

// five builds ago it worked.

MetaDriver:

Canvas doesn't work (compiles, but doesn't display) for several builds now. Is this the way it's supposed to work? Or an oversight?

Actually, it would be nice if each build included a list of fixes and implemented functionality. You wouldn't have to blindly poke around looking for a new one.

The terminal again doesn't find the editor. I press F4 in the terminal, the log entry appears that the editor is not found:

The terminal is running portable, the editor must also be running portable. In the screenshot, the data directory from the terminal is open.

After a short time, I press F4 a second time in the terminal and the editor starts up.

1. How do I work with the repository in my mql5.com profile?

2. Does MQL Storage work from the new editor?

In settings in Community tab my login and password are filled in. I select the necessary file in the Editor's navigator and choose MQL5 Storage -> Add, and the file name in the navigator is marked with blue "+". It seems to be added. Even those files that were previously added, but were changed afterwards, are marked with "!" in a red circle. There seems to be a difference. But I can't find any added files in the repository itself:

What is wrong with it?

MetaDriver:

Canvas doesn't work (compiles, but doesn't display) for several builds now. Is it by design? Or an oversight?

// five builds ago it worked.

Have you tried other classes? They don't work either?

I have looked at the Canvas class, and the functions from MQL5 are used in its methods. This is most likely the cause of the problem. For example, method?

//| Set font                                                         |
bool CCanvas::FontSet(void)
  {
   return(TextSetFont(m_fontname,m_fontsize,m_fontflags,m_fontangle));
  }

method uses TextSetFont from MQL5, which probably has not been implemented in MQL4 yet. However, it is already present in the Help Descriptions. Perhaps, they forgot to implement it.

By the way, the developers really did a great job with syntax highlighting in the editor. It really helps to distinguish class methods from language functions.