MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 35

artmedia70:
I have no static variables in my code, only external variables

I tried again now, the chart changes after compilation - so it's always a case of one thing after another ))

artmedia70:

Well, I almost did. I'm a bit confused about the aliasing. The commented strings after an external variable appear in the description of that variable in the input parameters - that's great. But what does "Alias" of a variable mean?

About Ctrl+H glitchiness - I didn't notice it in previous versions too. Had to find and replace - found and replaced. What was glitchy about it before?

By alias, I meant description.

And Ctrl+H sometimes hangs the editor when "replace all". The reason is incorrect finding short strings when "whole word only" is enabled. Anyway, I save before each substitution and substitute one match at a time first...

komposter:

By alias, I meant the description.

And Ctrl+H sometimes throws the editor off when "replace all" is enabled. The reason is that it doesn't find short strings correctly when "whole word only" is enabled. Anyway, I save before each replacement, and replace one match at a time first...

I see, only once did I replace everything in one go. And then I had to search one by one - I didn't need to change everywhere. But everything went fine when replacing everything at once.

Didn't know, I'll be more careful, thanks.

komposter:
This came from MT5. Seems very right to me.
What is the essence of correctness?

artmedia70:
What's the point of getting it right?

I'm not sure if someone doesn't know a thing about mt5 (for example me),

then ran screaming: "ArrayCope is not working correctly.... ". Thanks to Interesting for the info.

ALXIMIKS:

If someone doesn't know a thing about mt5 (me, for example),

then ran screaming: "ArrayCope is not working correctly.... ". Thanks to Interesting for the info.

What's this about? I know about it. The question was about something else. I asked Andrey why he thinks it is correct that indicator parameters should be changed only after restarting the indicator itself, not even when changing timeframe, but when it is completely removed from chart and restarted. It seems to me that it is not convenient. That's why I asked my opinion.

What does it have to do with indexing arrays of an indicator?

artmedia70:
What is the essence of correctness?

Oh, I wasn't paying attention. Thought it was about compilation (in this case, I don't think it's necessary to reset parameters, as it was in 4). Sorry.

komposter:
Oh, I was not paying attention. I thought it was the compilation (I must not reset the parameters in this case, as it was in 4). Sorry.

I agree, parameters should not be reset. It hinders normal debugging - you adjust the parameters, add something, recompile and... ...adjust the parameters again. Too bad.

But the fact that now after the recompiling the changes made in the code do not take effect, and we have to restart the indicator, doesn't seem to be good.

If in the indicator parameters, in the Colours tab, press the Reset button,

then all colours of all buffers are not reset to their original state, which is set in #property indicator_colorN, but to a transparent colour, i.e. buffers are not displayed on the chart.
Previously, the behaviour was different - it was reset to the initial colour specified in #property indicator_colorN.

Will the behaviour be corrected, or will it stay that way?

Renat:

As long as you are sitting with UAC disabled and under the admin, you personally don't see any problems. But we do, because we have millions of terminals installed which already have problems due to permission restrictions.

Understanding where and how programs are now allowed to write to Windows will come to you as soon as you start distributing your software around the world.

The hashes in the directory names will not be changed - this all works the same way for MT5. We intentionally keep both platforms as unified as possible.

Who told you that my UAC is disabled? It is possible to work in Windows as an administrator without disabling UAC. And by the way I am not running as root in Windows, I am running as a user with administrative privileges, which is the default in the OS. If you don't understand my question or if you don't see the difference between root and normal admin privileges, just drop me a line and I'll explain.