I'm all about the tester, which is lying. - page 5

Sepulca:
Heck, if you have a profitable EA, it should show plus in tester, demo and real...

Too unsubstantiated a statement though, I wouldn't say so. There may be some logic behind it. If I wanted to try it in the real market, I would not know what kind of logic I would use.

solar:
It's too unfounded a statement though, I wouldn't say that. I don't know what the logic is. Maybe, for example, there is a crazy scalper, and in the tester it will show a perfect Equity curve along the exponent, but in real life they will make you go where the sheep don't go.
So, what the hell do you need it for? Then you have to select a brokerage company for a scalper. Just a little theory? The scalper does not need to consider the minimum spread that is usually done, but the maximum one. This is where it all goes dark. This makes the scalper not really a scalper. Actually, Makar didn't chase calves there, he wasn't going to shepherd them)))

Sepulca:
Well, what the hell do you need it for? Then we have to select a brokerage company for a scalper. Just a little theory? In a scalper we should not consider the minimum spread, as we usually do, but the maximum. This is where it all goes dark. This makes the scalper not really a scalper. Actually, Makar didn't chase calves there, he wasn't going to herd them)))

All the more reason. ))))

Anyway, the rest is just verbiage. Most likely, the author himself isn't interested in figuring out what's wrong. Otherwise he/she would, for instance, have posted the compiled code and asked others to try it. (As a variant)

solar:

All the more reason. ))))

Anyway, the rest is just verbiage. Most likely, the author himself isn't interested in figuring out what's wrong. Otherwise he/she would, for instance, have posted the compiled code and asked others to try it. (As a variant)

The point is that the tester works identically with different owls, what does the code have to do with it? This particular variant was just at hand at the moment. In principle I could do as you suggest, I can even give you uncompiled code, so, the toy at a time, but behind it stretches a library of 4 MB, gained through years of hard work, and that's what I pity, no matter how compiled or not.

And in general, I've tried for three days to explain that the behavior of the tester doesn't depend on the code or quotes, that it is sick in itself. So far I haven't heard any substantive answer, only cursing.

A great demonstration of the method of using the system - I pressed Start and I don't care about anything else. Move to MT5 where there is no opportunity to make a mess with unsynchronised history.

solar:

Open quickly, the DCs change often. Give a man some advice )))). And actually, a tester is one thing. And real trading is another. (To check the logic on the tester and put it on the demo at least to start with. I certainly do not impose my opinion)

p.s. Ticks are better to use in general.

Don't talk nonsense. Why does my tester match the real trade ?

Renat:
A great demonstration of the method of using the system - I pressed Start and I don't care about anything else. Switch to MT5, where there is no possibility of a mess with unsynchronised history.
Sounds like we're just dealing with a grandmother who came to the clinic. She doesn't want a doctor, she wants to gossip.

paukas:

Do not talk nonsense. Why does my tester coincide with a real trade ?

Because your system is insensitive to changes in quotations, in other words, thick-skinned. Generally speaking, it is an ordinary system.

By the way, most of my systems have the same results in the tester as in real trading.

And there are systems that are simply difficult to test in the tester (due to ongoing optimization of current input parameters). It's easier to put on a demo. That is why I said so.

solar:

Because you have a quote-insensitive system, in other words, a thick-skinned one. Generally speaking, it is an ordinary system.

By the way, most of my systems have the same results in the tester and in real trading, no difference.

And there are systems that are simply difficult to test in the tester (due to ongoing optimization of current input parameters). It's easier to put on a demo. That's why I said so.

That's right. Thick as a Siberian mammoth.

All the action goes by the optimum minutes, so the tester never lies.

Renat:
A great demonstration of the method of using the system - I pressed Start and I don't care about anything else. Switch to MT5, where there is no possibility to make a mess with unsynchronised history.
The MT4 tester perfectly fulfills its function of testing the functionality of the TS, and even its results often coincide with the results of real trading. Thanks to the people who created it.