Grail indicators - page 19

This is the tester's grail.

What do you mean by a tester grail?

No fit, since 2002 as far as I know it was the time when the Euro appeared as a full-fledged currency.

artyom8819:

What do you mean by a tester grail?

No fit, since 2002 as far as I know it was the time when the Euro appeared as a full-fledged currency.

In the sense that it will only make money in the tester.

Does this mean wrong results in the tester?

artyom8819:
Does this mean wrong results in the tester?
Yes, the tester cannot perfectly imitate real trading. Try to get at least a higher expected payoff, then maybe something will work out.

What should the expectation be? Doesn't it depend on the stack distances of the ileks?

artyom8819:
What should the expectation be? Doesn't it depend on the distances of the ibex stops?
The bigger the better, at least 5 times the spread. It depends on many factors.

Can you tell me where I can find information about the factors that influence the expectation, or explain in more detail if you can. And why is it so important?

artyom8819:
Please, advise where I can find information about factors that influence it, or explain in details. And why is it so important?

If the MO is commensurate with the spread, making a profit is problematic, because spread, execution delays and slippage will eat up all the profits. In addition, such an Expert Advisor is very sensitive to small differences in quotes of different brokerage companies.

Expected payoff is one of the characteristics of an Expert Advisor and to a large extent depends on the working principle (algorithm) of the trading system.

All work on a trading system consists in achieving a good expected payoff and profitability, and these values are interrelated.

If expected payoff could be easily increased by changing stops and takeoffs, I would have become a millionaire in a long time.)